New marblehuggers! I think I did a personal record with having this many done in just one day.

This bunch has some special members. There’s an aquatic dragon (it has two back fins, but the smaller one doesn’t show), which is probably the reason why I got five done. It was a lot faster to make than the winged buddies. And there’s a dragon with wing injury. I estimated the length of the wire I had for its wings and back loop wrong and the wings ended up uneven. Still dragons deserve love, disabled or not, so I modelled its wing as being injured to match the shorter wire inside it.

So, yay!



For such small things they sure take lots of time to make. (Oh, look, it’s 2 AM. Sleeping habits? What sleeping habits?) Half frustration and half pure fun. Haha, it’s been years since the last time I played with modelling clay stuff. I used to spend all days long when I was a kid, but stopped at one point when reading drawing took over my freetime. 

I wonder what I’m going to do when I run out of episodes of Agatha Christie’s Poirot, watching them seems to have become my standard sculpting time.

These three marblehuggers are the first ones to have wire loops on their backs so they’re easier to hang on a necklace.

I think I will start selling these after Christmas break. I have to find suitable boxes to send them in first, though. Haven’t found any so far.


I DIDN’T BURN THEM THIS TIME! And after the second time in the oven after the first left them a bit soft they feel as firm as they should. Yay! (The wings look darker on the photos than in real life.)

I love how those marbles look on camera, the flash creates nice effects.

The poor thing on the right got uneven wings after it decided to fall from its tinfoil stand right after I took them out of the oven for the first time. It also has a tiny tail injury caused by said tinfoil stand.