marathon running

Your Mess Is Mine by amory

Chapters: 20/20, 177k

Summary: Louis is the father to the most brilliant little boy in the world who is all Louis really needs, or at least that’s what he tells himself. Harry is a gorgeous boybander fresh off a two year break and a massive scandal that’s left him a little broken and more than ready to move on.

They fall in love.

playlist

A little rain, a lot less people, and 4 easy miles. I feel great after yesterday’s 12 miles and finished the week with 38. Pretty good for week 5 out of 18.

Spent 80% of the time enjoying running in the rain and the other 20% wondering why I wasn’t out having a donut like everyone else that was out here yesterday but not today.

5

Yesterday’s run was crappy. Today’s run was magic. I had no expectations & this ended up feeling like flying. I found a new road, re-found my love for the long-runs. The spontaneous, free, rainy long runs. No, I haven’t lost my power or my speed. I’m strong. And one bad run doesn’t mean there’s no progress.

16,8 miles // 27km with no limits.

In her first running of the Boston Marathon, Edna Kiplagat powered across the finish line of the Boston Marathon this month nearly a minute ahead of her closest rival. Kiplagat made the 26.2 mile outing look like a spirited jog in the park. She even clocked a blazingly fast 5:02 minute mile at the 20-mile mark of Boston’s storied road race.

And now, as she does after every major race, she’s taking two weeks off.

“I’m in my second week of that right now relaxing at home with my husband,” she says when reached by phone at her farm outside Eldoret, Kenya, in the western highlands. “In the afternoon, we take our children to play. My son likes golf. And my daughter likes swimming. We take them to the Eldoret Club for two hours, then come home.”

Boston Champ Juggles Marathons, 5 Kids, Kenyan Farm

Photo: John Tlumacki/Boston Globe via Getty Images