Jojo's Bizarre Adventure chapter 1:
Jonathan Joestar gets a shitbag for an adoptive brother because the latters's father was mistaken for a Good Samaritan.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure chapter 910:
In an alternate continuity following the universe forcibly undergoing entropy and a second Big Bang, the AU version of Jonathan Joestar's great great grandson is also the AU version of a serial killing antagonist down to having the same psychic manifestation of fighting spirit. This man was magically fused with his friend after rock people killed them for interfering in their fruit smuggling ring. The resultant hybrid person, the current protagonist, loses a fight to a baby after failing to crush it in a door.
The faun is a mythological half human–half goat manifestation of forest and animal spirits that would help or hinder humans at whim. Romans believed fauns inspired fear in men traveling in lonely, remote or wild places. They were also capable of guiding humans in need.
Pullman’s brave and outspoken heroine Lyra Belacqua will return in the first two volumes. Featuring two periods of her life – as a baby and 20 years after His Dark Materials ended – the series will also include characters familiar to existing readers, as well other Pullman creations, including alethiometers (a clock-like truth-telling device), daemons (animals that are physical manifestations of the human spirit) and the Magisterium, the Church-like totalitarian authority that rules Lyra’s world.
Once the Soul awakens, the search begins and you can never go back. From then on, you are inflamed with a special longing that will never again let you linger in the lowlands of complacency or partial fulfillment. The eternal makes you urgent. You are loath to let compromise or the threat of danger hold you back from striving toward the summit of fulfillment –John O'Donahue
3. Spirits do not always realize that they are dead. To them, its like they are stuck in an aweful nightmare.
4. Spirits can communicate with us in various ways. In dreams, through subliminal thoughts, automatic writing, via the use of a pendulum, and intution. Other, more scientific ways are through white noise and evp.
5. Spirits are sometimes mischevious and always curious.
6. Spirits have a profound sense of smell! They are often attracted to certain scents.
7. Spirits are more active at night. Some people think that this is due to less electronic disturbance and that they are able to produce more energy when not having to compete with varous electric and electronic devices.
In the same sense, you are more likely to experience ghostly disturbances when your house is quiet.
8. Spirits can and often do, manifest. Orbs, streaks of light, mists, dark shadows, shadows within shadows, and blurs within the air are the most common. Full-body appritions are always possible, but are not likely.
9. Most ghostly disturbances are actually residue or risidual haunings. Events that play themselves out over and over again, often without the spirit having any control over it whatsoever.
10. Gostly activity is often more prevalent around children and young adults due to the amount of energy they give off. The higher your personal energy, the more spirits are able to absorb.
11. Spirits often retain memories and emotions of their physical life. And most certainly the memories and emotions associated with the time right before their death.
12. Not all ghosts are “trapped.” Some choose to stay within the earthly realm.
13. Spirits retain their personalities.
14. Animals and children are more likely to “see” a ghost.
15. Even the spirits of animals can “haunt.”
16. Spirits can often be helpful.
17. Spirits can often be protective of the families they “haunt.”
18. Ghosts may actually exist in a state of confusion and not have a clue as to what happened to them, why they are here, why you cannot see or hear them, etc.
19. When spirits are bored, they often cause trouble or become mischevious.
20. Certain locations are vortexes or portals where ghosts/spirits can transport themselves from one realm or place to another.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT SOME OF THESE FACTS!?
It is often difficult to recognize the connection between early-life feelings of imprisonment, and our subsequent need for space and distance in our adult lives. This can be manifest in many different ways: non-committal relationships, career indecision, a perpetual need to live alone, social avoidance, perpetual mistrust of the world etc. For a time, these manifestations can actually serve a counter-balancing purpose, as our spirits breathe a healthy sigh of relief after years entrapped. If all you know is engulfment, it is essential that you have a taste of safety and spaciousness. But, taken too far, our escape hatches can actually become a prison of their own, one that deepens our isolation and prevents us from forming positive associations with the world. Any imbalanced reality has an imprisoning quality. Just because our early-life environment felt like a prison doesn’t mean that we can’t create a different reality-one that is rooted in healthy connectiveness.
In Finnish folklore, Ajattara is a spirit known as “Devil of the Woods”. She is an evil female spirit that manifests as a snake or dragon. Ajattara spreads disease and pestilence; anyone that looks at her becomes ill.
For all our talk about suppression of human rights in other countries, and despite nostalgic sentimentality about the noble Red Man, the prejudice and persecution still continue. American hearts respond with emotion to Indian portraits by George Catlin and Edward Curtis, to such eloquent books as Black Elk Speaks and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, to modern films and television dramas in which the nineteenth-century Indian is portrayed as the tragic victim of Manifest Destiny; we honor his sun dances and thunderbirds in the names of our automobiles and our motels. Our nostalgia comes easily, since those stirring peoples are safely in the past, and the abuse of their proud character, generosity, and fierce honesty… can be blamed upon our roughshod frontier forebears.
“After four hundred years of betrayals and excuses, Indians recognize the new fashion in racism, which is to pretend that the real Indians are all gone. We have no wish to be confronted by these ‘half-breeds’ of today, gone slack after a century of enforced dependence, poverty, bad food, alcohol, and despair, because to the degree that these people can be ignored, the shame of our nation can be ignored as well.
After men have agreed that a thing is humanly impossible and therefore it cannot be done; let someone accomplish the impossible thing. The wise ones who said it could not be done will begin to tell you why and how it happened.
Neville Goddard via ManifestingSuccess.tumblr.com
Unlike many yokai who are wholly spirits or manifestations, the rokurokubi is a cursed human, most often a woman, who received their affliction as an illness or a punishment (for either their own deeds or in some stories those of a male relative’s). By day the rokurokubi would appear as a normal woman, but at night as the human body slept, the head would roam away on its own, the neck stretching out behind it. The head in this state would consume oil from hanging lamps, attack rodents and other small animals like a cat or, like many yokai, simply delight in scaring any humans who happened to be around. In some versions it’s said the soul is also seen leaving the body, and the “neck” is effectively an ectoplasmic tether. It is assumed the origins for the rokurokubi are tied to interpretations of the manananggal and other similar South Asian vampiric creatures whose head or upper body detach from their otherwise human bodies and take flight at night.
LUCIFER – East (from Lux Fero, Light Bearer. A common “Shadow” association is Lucifuge, latin for “fly the light” and may have close associations with Mephistopheles. Lucifer in this aspect is the Angel of Light, the Adversary. Lucifer is a title which is beheld by the fire djinn Azazel being the first angel, fallen from the stasis of light. By this manner, Lucifer is the liberator and developer of humanity with his gift of the Black Flame, or individualized self-perception.
LEVIATHAN - West (from LVTHN, the Crooked Serpent/Dragon of the Sea. Leviathan is the Daemon of Immortality and initiation, that the Beast and Scarlet Whore moves through to arise from the Oceans as the Beast 666, the Solar Spirit of manifestation and creativity.)
SATAN – South (from the root SHTN, meaning Adversary. Satan is the name associated with Azazel the Fire Djinn, who is also Lucifer and Samael. The Goat with One Thousand Names by form. Satan = Set-an, the ancient Egyptian God of Darkness, Chaos and Isolation.) Satan is the Adversary, whose symbol can be viewed as a Forked Stave which rises in the Noon-tide Sun.
BELIAL – North (from BLIOL, a wicked one. Belial is the Spirit of the earth, created second after Lucifer/Azazel as a powerful Angel. Belial is a powerful daemonic and angelick spirit and initiator, and is associated with both the infernal and celestial.)