Slow Cooker Freezer Meals | Part Three
I continue to stand by my helpful tips from previous posts:
- DO NOT buy store brand freezer bags. Go with Hefty or Ziploc. I made that mistake one time and had SO MANY bags burst. It was infuriating to have fully prepared meals exploding out of bags.
- Make a list. Stick to it. Also, use your recipe list to group all of the items for each meal together before you prep anything. This way, you wont use all of the pineapple for one meal when it is supposed to be used with three different meals, for example.
- Always put in your meat and loose ingredients first, then pour the sauce overtop - it just makes things easier.
- Prelabel your bags before making the meals. Seems obvious to me, but you never know ;)
- Don’t store your meals laying flat in the freezer. Store them upright. if you store them flat, it will not fit quite right in the crockpot until it thaws some, and if you are planning to leave the house while the meal is cooking, it will make a small mess. If you store them upright so that the food collects in the bottom of the bag, you will be able to put a log of frozen goodness into the slow cooker that will fit every time.
- If you forget to put the food in the crockpot in the morning and realize it at 2 or 3 pm, it’s okay-just cook on high for 3-4 hours. I’ve been doing a lot of that lately ;)