Jason’s telling the Bellarke story, and it’s romantic.
*I’ve never written meta or spec or anything like that before, I am a known shitposter, but I had a lot on my mind so just stay with me while I attempt this.
Ok guys, I know the finale has us all drowning in our tears and the looming hellatus has us quivering in our boots, but I am here to offer a bit of Blarke hope.
Jason is writing romantic Bellarke. It’s in the story, and after the finale and his recent interviews I am more confident than ever. He might hate us, and want to torture us, and stretch this slow burn out as long as humanly possible, but he’s telling the a story and Bellarke is at the center of it.
Now to my “evidence” or whatever:
Let’s take a look at our most iconic Bellarke episodes over the last couple of years and also look at who wrote those episodes, focusing on two writers in particular: the show runner, and the man he was ready to hand over the reigns to.
- 2x16: the iconic “together” moment, and the entire good-bye scene (Jason)
- 3x02: Bellamy losing his shit, going after Clarke, the cave scene, “WE CANT LOSE CLARKE” (Aaron and Wade)
- 3x15: “I trust you”, “You’re not the only one trying to save someone you care about.” “START WITH BELLAMY BLAKE” (Aaron and Wade)
- 4x01: oh boy, “Thanks for keeping me alive”, Bellamy losing his shit both times Echo threatens Clarke’s life, the very intentional cut to Bellamy’s face when Clarke talks about /exa, the return of “princess” (Jason)
- 4x12: roadtrip flirting, worried Bellamy as Clarke takes off her helmet, the blarke of it all (Aaron and Wade)
- 4x13: the hug, the face caress that haunts my dreams, the entire head and the heart discussion, “I’ve got you for that”, “I left her behind”, Clarke radioing Bellamy every single day for 2199 days (Jason)
- *yes I know other moments like the s2 reunion hug, the s3 beach hug, and the list episode were by other writers, but that’s not my focus
Are you seeing the pattern here? Either Jason or Aaron/Wade write the most important Bellarke scenes of each season. We have the biggest known Blarke writer on staff (imo) and the actual show runner responsible for these treasures.
THEN, you add the fact that Jason was ready to let Aaron take over, if his other pilot got picked up. He trusted Aaron, a known Blarke stan, to continue the story he was telling. Isn’t that suspicious?
But just think, our 2 biggest Bellarke episodes were written by Jason.
So we’re all aware that Jason says he knows where he wants the show to go for about 6 seasons - even if I still think 3a was a mess and not the original storyline for reasons. He has planned out how this show ends and he’s had that ending since he started.
He wouldn’t be responsible for writing such iconic (romantic) Bellarke moments and interweaving that into the plot if it didn’t go anywhere. The man is trash and I wouldn’t trust him to buy my groceries, but he knows what he’s doing and he knows how to tell a story, even if he gets it twisted sometimes. He knows where to starts and how to end - which is why he writes the first and last episode of every season.
“First of all, Bellamy and Clarke have always been at the center of this show. It has always been the story of — on some level — Clarke and her relationship to Bellamy. […]” -Jason Rothenberg
I think we’ve all learned to take Jason’s interviews with a grain of salt, but he knows what story he’s telling.
The show is about them. He is writing their story, and he has been from the beginning. Which is all especially evident when you look at the S1 script leaks that blessed us this year, and what was cut out, aka DAY TRIP.
It’s been them from the start and it’s been romantic from day one.
Anyway, This was my first shitty attempt at meta or spec or whatever and probably my last, but I think it’s just important to realize what’s going on despite how shitty Jroth is, he’s telling a certain story.
But add on to this if you want. Thanks!