If Peter has to die in Infinity War, even temporarily, I want to FEEL it. No boom, he’s dead, back to the battle.
I want to see Tony hugging his dead body, hear him screaming and crying like any dad who just lost his only child.
I want to see Groot realize that, though he’s just a teen, he’s not invulnerable.
I want to see Wanda cry because she can feel Peter’s death and Tony’s grief and she knows what it’s like to lose your whole world.
I want to see Strange run over and try to staunch the blood flow, do CPR, do anything to desperately try to save his new friend.
I want to see Rhodey pulling a struggling Tony away from Peter’s body, his own voice shaking as he tries futilely to calm his best friend down.
I want to see Clint and Scott pat whatever part of their uniforms holds the picture of their kids while Clint starts moving towards Wanda.
I want to see everyone look at the friends and loved ones they have on that battlefield with shock and grief and a new terror in their eyes because the teenager - the happy, sassy, brilliant teenager with a long life ahead of him who had more protection on that battlefield than anyone thanks to Stark tech and a hoard of protective adults - was just killed in front of them. And if he couldn’t survive… can any of them?
<b>Rhodey:</b> One day he could be a father<p/><b>Tony:</b> One day? I am a father<p/><b>Rhodey:</b> It's a teenager you recruited to fight Captain America like a year ago, Tony<p/><b>Tony:</b> He's my blood<p/></p>
“I’ve got somethin’ WAY better in mind fer YOU. See, me ‘n’ Joey got ourselves a deal. I help him with his little, er… project… and he makes sure we never get pushed around and outta the spotlight again. This whole revenge biz? Icing on the cake.”
“Now, let’s see how YOU like bein’ trapped in here, forever followin’ the script some schmoe writes for you.”
All right, y’all seem to love hate me for my post about everyone’s reactions to Peter’s death, but a lot of you are telling me that Tony’s gonna die instead - and you know what, I agree. I am terrified of that, because Peter has the protection of sequels - beyond Avengers 4, Tony doesn’t. Also, I appear to be “surviving” the wait by imagining character deaths and y’all will share my pain. So in that case, what do I wanna see?
I want it to be protecting Peter. If my baby’s gonna go out, it’s going to be while being a dad because if there’s one death Tony absolutelycannot survive, it’s Peter’s.
I want to see Peter realize what Tony is about to do. I want to hear him beg Tony not to in his raw young voice, struggle to get Tony of the way.
I want Tony to hold his position, his mask closed so Peter can’t see how terrified he is, until the blow lands.
I want Rhodey and Strange to watch it all in horror, but they can’t do anything about it, not in time, not if they want to live to see Peter through the battle, ,so they just jump in to provide cover as Peter starts to react.
I want Peter tear the entire helmet off and start on Tony’s armor so he can get to the wound, stop the bleeding, anything to save his third father figure.
I want Tony to grab Peter’s hands and hold them tight, whispering for Peter to stop, just stop.
I want Peter to obey, but he’s crying and stammering “I can’t lose another dad.”
I want Tony to smile, weak but genuinely smiling, and say that he couldn’t have had a better son.
I want Tony to die smiling because he died protecting who he loved.
I want Tony to die smiling because he’s finally free of the PTSD and the criticism and the constant fear for his loved ones’ lives.
I want Tony to die saying that he loves Peter, the best son any man could have.
I want Peter to smile through his tears because he’s wanted to hear that for two years.
I want Peter to whisper “Tony?” when Tony’s eyes slide shut.
I want Peter to cry “Dad!” and start shaking him when he doesn’t respond.
I want Strange to pull Peter away, his voice strong and steady, but his hands are shaking like earthquakes, and the cloak is trying to hug them both.
I want Rhodey to say nothing at all because he needs to be strong for Peter, but underneath his mask he’s just drowning in tears because that is his lifelong best friend lying dead on the ground.
I want Steve to stop and stare because the man he’s always accused of being selfish just sacrificed himself without a moment’s thought and died with only Peter on his mind.
I want Bucky to falter because that’s three Starks he couldn’t save, because maybe Tony didn’t die by his hand, but he wasn’t in the right place to protect him, to protect his friend’s son.
I want Gamora and Quill to run over, stabbing and shooting anything that tries to stop them, and drop to their knees and give Peter a pep talk because yes, they’ve been there, but Peter can’t give in to the grief now.
I want Peter to snap out of it and look up, his eyes full of icy rage, and pull his mask back on. And then, in the coldest possible voice, in a voice that should never come from a teenager, I want him to say “Activate Instant Kill” as those glowing red pinpricks zero in on Thanos.
I want Wanda to sense his intentions and scream out a warning, trying to fling out a scarlet shield to pin Peter down, but he slides beneath it.
I want Sam to fly in to try to catch him, but Peter only uses him as a sticking point for his webs.
I want Wong to try to divert him with portals, but Peter dodges every single one.
I want the adults to share a look and a nod and charge towards Thanos behind Peter, because maybe they shouldn’t stop him. Because maybe, in his rage, with his powers and tech, with a hoard of others to back him up-
Maybe Peter can win.
And if he can’t, they’ll still fight to keep him alive.
And if they can’t do that, they won’t let him die alone and unavenged.
- Thor finds Avengers in Wakanda and asks where the Man of Iron is only to find out Tony is cleaning up the mess the Avengers left with no help at all.
- Tony rebuilding and trying to get his life back under control after being betrayed by virtually every member of Team Cap.
- Team Cap needs Tony’s help and they have to ask for his help.
- Fury telling them to fuck off because Stark is still cleaning up their last mess don’t bring another one.
- Tony telling Steve that if he wants his help he’d better get an apology, and be treated with respect, and not be alone with any member of Team Cap.
- Sam finds out that Tony gave Steve multiple chances to get help and not create the mess that was left.
- Sam finding Rhodes and making sure he’s okay and they bond over military experiences.
- Rhodes telling Sam about how Tony knew where they were and kept Ross away from them, yelling at him about how Tony had to clean up their mess even after watching his parent’s murder walk free.
- Sam being confused and asking what that means so Rhodes tells him about the tape and how Tony watched the Winter Soldier beat his father and strangle his mother. About how Cap KNEW but didn’t tell Tony, even lied to his face. About the 24 hours and how Steve said no because Tony ‘locker Wanda in her room’. About two Super Soldiers ganging up on Tony who shouldn’t have reacted violently but Sam you’re a councilor how would you have reacted to watching your parents murder with the murderer right next to you?
- Sam confront Steve about the tape, the lying, the not telling Sam about the deal that could’ve helped, about how Tony was LEFT IN THE COLD ALONE WITH A DISABLED SUIT STEVE WHAT IN THE HELL YOU DO NOT LEAVE A MAN BEHIND.
- Sam understanding that maybe Tony Stark isn’t what everyone describes.
- Sam apologizing to Tony and telling him he didn’t know any of what he’d learned.
- Tony not feeling guilty because he did the right fucking thing.
- WANDA FINALLY BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ULTRON BECAUSE SHE VIOLATED EVERY MEMBER OF THE TEAM AND HAS NOT DONE SHIT TO REDEEM HERSELF.
- Captain America finally getting his ass chewed for what he did to Tony and how he’s treated him over the years, accusing him of holding back secrets and being a liability when Steve didn’t tell the team the whole story!!!
- SOMEBODY EXPLAINING WHY CLINT CAME OUT OF FUCKING RETIREMENT AND NOT SEEING THE POINT OF THE ACCORDS AS A DAMN ASSASSIN.
- Somebody seeing Tony trying to rewrite the Accords because they were going to happen with or without him but at least he was trying to get to a point to where he could alter them!
- TONY STARK NOT BEING ATTACKED ON ALL SIDES FOR DOING WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS RIGHT WHILE NO OTHER PERSON INVOLVED IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE.