12.8 miles in 4:45 - Meramec River, Sand Ford to just south of Wells Ford
Started at around 7:45 this morning and was basically alone on the river for the whole day.
- Saw innumerable turtles, herons, & hawks.
- Was barked at by a mama river otter trying to protect her 5 pups.
- In a deeper section of the river, I hit a school of smaller fish that jumped out of the water with ever paddle stroke (!).
- Found a cave spring (darker pic above) that sounded like a waterfall and whose water was so cold that it was steamy where it hit the river.
- Didn’t get sunburned.
- Didn’t tip over or drop my phone overboard. 🙃