Feminism is about gender neutrality, Male rights activism is simply the opposite side of the same coin. The ugly parts are know as misandists and misogynists and are people who think their respective gender is superior to the other, don’t confuse the terms.
I have chosen the most ridiculous here, there were about 3-5 that actually took up problems that I agree with. This will be long.
• I need men’s rights because when she changed her mind the next day, I went to jail for 5 years;
Are you aware of how rare this is? As in, it’s tough enough for a rape victim to be recognized, that this is such a non-issue that you shouldn’t even bring up. It doesn’t happen often enough to be brought up as a MRA issue.
• I need men’s rights because I am less likely to go to college, and if I do, I will make less money than my female contemporaries;
What? A man will make less money than a woman? In general white men make much more money than any other sex, and/or race does. Complaining that in one field you don’t make the most is absolutely ridiculous.
• I need men’s rights because the president sees the shrinking number of men in colleges across America as “a great success”;
BECAUSE WOMEN HAVE BEEN ACTIVELY KEPT OUT OF PURSUING HIGHER DEGREES FOR SO LONG THAT A CHANGE OF CURVE IS A POSITIVE THING.
• I need men’s rights because a man’s appearance, height, and weight has a greater affect on his income than it does for a woman;
I find nothing that supports this. All I find that there are psuedo studies, and “accepted” fact that attractive people earn more, and are more successful.
• I need men’s rights because traditionally masculine characteristics are virtues not flaws;
and they are treated as such. Virtues, that is.
• I need men’s rights because the likelihood of my death coming by suicide is four times higher than it is for women, though I receive little support;
Because showing feelings is seen as feminime, which is seen as weak, and it’s not women upholding that.
• I need men’s rights because broad gender-wide slurs against men are socially accepted;
And gender.wide slurs against women aren’t??? Have you heard slut, cunt, pussy, whore, and so on lately? I see and hear them everyday!
• I need men’s rights because my life, career, reputation and connection with my family can be easily destroyed by a single, false and anonymously whispered accusation;
And my career, reputation, and connection with family can be destroyed by the same. If I become a successful career woman, the whispered accusation that I was a “slut” when I was younger could ruin it. As could a naked picture. If I become raped, and I speak up about it, I can lose it all. People do everyday.
• I need men’s rights because when women stumble blame rests on society, but when men stumble it is their fault;
• I need men’s rights because in my physically demanding career, I am expected to do much more work for “equal” pay;
Women do equally hard work, and in male dominated feilds they have to do even more to be considered equal, and even then they don’t get equal pay.
• I need men’s rights because it is fine to call me a “dick”, a “cock”, or a “prick” on the street or on television; a woman must never be called a “cunt”;
Want to guess why? Because the male sexual organ is the norm, it is something that is okay. The female sexual organ? A disgusting, explicit, purely sexual thing.
• I need men’s rights because while the rape of a woman is properly regarded as a crime, the rape of a man is funny;
Unfortunately, the rape of both men and women are seen as funny. I’ll admit that the rape of a man is joked about more.
• I need men’s rights because mutilation of male infants is considered normal – and those arguing for the protection of male infants from mutilation are regularly slandered as anti-semites and bigots;
I can agree to this. It doesn’t make it easier when feminists are both said to keep out of the debate because we’re women, but at the same time yelled at when we’re not in it.
• I need men’s rights because my sexuality is routinely characterized as violent pathology, rather than as a natural part of my human identity;
No. It is seen as a part of your human identity. That’s the point. Male sexuality is viewed as something normal. You can show a teenage boy recieving a blow job in a movie and manage with a PG-13 or an R rating, but as soon as there is a scene where a woman is being given oral, it’s slam bam with NC-17. Female sexuality is seen in NC-17 movies. Male sexuality is seen in PG-13 movies.
• I need men’s rights because people think it is irresponsible to have me work around children;
• I need men’s rights because I have the right to the same sexual sovereignty given to women;
SINCE WHEN DON’T YOU HAVE THAT????
• I need men’s rights because I believe that the feminist idea that a woman in the United States is equally oppressed as a woman in Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia in cruel and insulting;
You don’t need men’s rights because of that. That has nothing to do with men’s rights.
• I need men’s rights because I should not be ashamed of my sexuality;
AND YOU AREN’T. Are you called a slut for enjoying sex? No, you’re called a player! Your sexuality isn’t something you’re shamed for, and if you think you are THANK GOD YOU WEREN’T BORN WITH A VAGINA because you would weep from the shaming you’d get then.
• I need men’s rights because women who find me unattractive will shame me can call me creepy for politely interacting with them, and they will be praised for this cruelty;
Honest question: you don’t think men do the same to women who they deem unattractive? Because if you don’t you’re living under a rock.
• I need men’s rights because I was sexually harassed by several drunk women twice my age and everyone at the party thought it was funny;
I am sexually harassed everytime I go to the club, and people act like I should just accept and take it, and if I speak up I’m a crazy bitch, and people will stare at me.
• I need men’s rights because I have the right to associate with other men without legal action forcing me to allow women, too;
Including women, who have a history of being excluded for misogynic and sexist reasons, is like including someone of any race: it’s asshole behaviour to exclude someone from a group based on their sex and/or race without a damn good reason to (like it being a group for people who come from Syria, possibly)
• I need men’s rights because I earned my accomplishments; they were not given to me by a fictitious masculine conspiracy;
And I need feminism because women are denied the frutations of their accomplshments despite being equally earning of it as a man. You may deserve it, but there are people who deserve it equally who have been denied it.
It’s also not a fictious thing. You cannot say the symptoms are real (as this list did), and then deny the reason for it)
• I need men’s rights because I have a right to be a father for my own children;
And 50% of men who seek custody get custody. So if we’re going to speak about fictious conspiracies: men not getting custody is just that.
• I need men’s rights because I will be chastised as a coward, and a failed man if I do not sacrifice my life to save a woman in a time of crisis;
WHAT? Since when does this happen????
• I need men’s rights because laws exist that demand harsher penalties for men for the same crime;
• I need men’s rights because I have no lobbying voice in congress;
Are you fucking kidding me?
• I need men’s rights because I am more likely to die young, and much less money is being spent on my health problems;
What? 100s of years of research spent on male disease research isn’t good enough for you? Some of it being spent on women now is horrible?
• I need men’s rights because, if I am killed in an accident, people will care less than if a woman or a child is killed. News readers make this clear every time they utter the phrase “women and children”;
The reason it is called “feminism” and not “gender equality” is because it is about elevating the female, the gender treated as inferior by society, to achieve equality. Gender Equality would strive to gain equality through any means, including forcing men down to the standard of women for the sake of fairness. I can assure you feminism, as a concept, does not endorse such sinking or stagnation of society; feminism encourages humanity’s growth.
hey mras you know how you complain that girls like only assholes?
wanna know why we like assholes?
it’s because we’re taught that we’re supposed to be society’s vision of perfect women and please everybody and especially please men so when a guy is a dickface it’s ingrained in us that we think we’re doing something wrong.
isn’t that fucked up? WE THINK WE’RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. WE ARE TOLD, BY SOMEONE ELSES ACTIONS, THAT WE ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG
so we try and fix ourselves because we think it’s us that’s the problem (even if we think that only on a subconscious level). we try and fix mr. douchecanoe too because we have been told that we are supposed to fix everything and make the world nice even though the world isn’t very nice to us.
SO ALL YOU FUCKERS WHO WHINE ABOUT WHAT A NICE GUY YOU ARE SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO HOME PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
(also fellow ladies i apologize if this is not your experience/viewpoint this is just what i have observed feel free to comment i would like your input)
“I’m very sensitive and the minimal problems that I have in society are more important than those of women of color!!111!!”
“What’d you mean I’m part of the problem??!!Stop oppressing me, you feminazi!!11!”
I was complaining to my boything about the term ‘feminazi’. His immediate response was that he would help me kill male rights advocates in a gas chamber, and then they would understand what a real Feminazi is.
What in the actual fuck did I find? Here’s a bit more of the article for you guys to get a general idea:
In squelching her inborn insecurity with you-go-grrlisms and drugs, the modern woman has become an emotional cripple. Like a fat slob eating Big Macs instead of a juicy steak from the supermarket, she substitutes having a dominant and confident man in her life with lotsa cocka and dating where she considers herself an “equal.” She views men as a life support system for a penis, an accoutrement, no different than her Manolo Blahniks or snazzy new iPhone. When she gets bored of her boy-toy, she tosses him in the trash and moves on to a newer, shinier model, and if she can get cash and prizes for trading in her old clunker, that’s just the icing on the cake.
Essentially, “confident” women are incapable of viewing men as human beings.
Challenge: if I acted like an idiot dudebro male rights activist kind of guy (not saying that they’re all idiots; rather, I’m saying I’d be acting like the idiotic ones) for a day, could I do it, and would I be able to stand it?
Terrorist tactics have been overtly encouraged and shamelessly implemented in the anti-abortion campaign of the so-called “right-to-lifers”. During a peak year of the 1980s, there were some 147 incidents of violence and/or harassment - ranging from verbal abuse to the use of explosives to physically destroy the clinics - directed against abortion clinics and women seeking their services. In 1982, a group called the Army of God kidnapped the owner of a clinic in Illinois along with his wife. The two were held hostage for eight days, while their captors threatened to kill them if President Reagan did not announce an end to legal abortions. Incidents such as these facilitated Reagan’s manipulation of the abortion issue to encourage more widespread support of ultraright positions.
Angela Davis, “Facing Our Common Foe: Women and the Struggle Against Racism”, in Women, Culture & Politics