If a man behaves in a way typical of the personality associated with the zodiac sign of Libra, he will have a tendency toward the characteristics listed below, unless there are influences in his personal birthchart that are stronger than that of his Libra sun sign.
The typical Libra man:
* is usually handsome, but is never ugly
* has a fine bone structure and balanced features
* has a clear and very charming voice
* dresses with discrimination in subtle colors
* is usually graceful and athletic
* likes to check his appearance in mirrors or as he passes a store window
Behavior and Personality Traits
* wants to make a visual impression that is appropriate to the task at hand, whether it be an international conference, a romantic assignation, or a day on the beach
* gives advice freely
* is interested in the opposite sex, at all ages
* is a master in the art of romance
* is very trustworthy
* can be fickle and change his mind often
* is interested in the facts of a situation so that he can come to a balanced decision
* enjoys art and needs harmony
* can be lavish with money, spending it on things that will bring happiness
* has financial abilities
If a man behaves in a way typical of the personality associated with the zodiac sign of Capricorn, he will have a tendency toward the characteristics listed below, unless there are influences in his personal birthchart that are stronger than that of his Capricorn sun sign.
The typical Capricorn man:
* is stocky
* has sharp, penetrating eyes
* rarely smiles
* has very strong white teeth
* is conscious of his appearance
* dislikes removing his clothes in public – for example, he will still be wearing a shirt during a heatwave when other men are bare-chested
Behavior and Personality Traits
* is dignified in his manner and very polite
* seems unapproachable and self-protective
* is totally reliable in pursuit of an aim
* takes his time sizing up other people before he will relax enough to share his inner warmth
* seeks honor but is not interested in becoming famous; on the contrary, he avoids publicity
* has strong opinions but is not at all vain
“Stan sat down on a
bench, took his bird-album out of the bag, and turned over to the picture of
the cardinal one more time, going over it, familiarizing himself with the
recognizable points. A male cardinal would be hard to mistake for something
else—it was as red as a fire-engine, if not so large—but Stan was a creature of
habit and convention; these things
comforted him and reinforced his sense of place and belonging in the world.”
If a man behaves in a way typical of the personality associated with the zodiac sign of Cancer, he will have a tendency toward the characteristics listed below, unless there are influences in his personal birthchart that are stronger than that of his Cancer sun sign.
The typical Cancer man:
* has a fairly bony structure
* may have remarkable teeth, perhaps prominent, irregular, or in some way unusual
* if crab-faced, he will have a prominent lower jaw
* may have broad shoulders
* even if slim, may appear broad or plump
* may be plump or tend to put on weight very easily
Behavior and Personality Traits
* is extremely sensitive
* wears clothes with a conservative cut
* does not like to be conspicuous
* has some favorite old casual clothes which he always wears; he would be very cranky if anyone threw out his precious old sweater
* does not push himself into the limelight
* enjoys the limelight if it turns on him for awhile
* dislikes discussing his personal life
* loves security, money, food, and children
* uses roundabout tactics to get what he wants
* has an uncanny business sense
* is usually very attached to his mother
Zhenyuanlong suni is a new dromaeosaur just recently described by Steve Brusatte and Lü Junchang and published in Nature’s Scientific Reports (it’s open-access!). This little fellow was about 6 feet (2 meters) long, about the size of its Velociraptor cousin, and was preserved with amazingly large and modern-looking vaned feathers on its arms and tail. Its wings are remarkably large and clearly show the same arrangement of primaries, secondaries and coverts common to modern birds. Some of these feathers even look somewhat asymmetrical, which in modern birds only exist for flying. So what on earth would a dromaeosaur this large be doing with wings like this, when it obviously couldn’t fly?
Nest brooding, RPR, wing-assisted incline running are all possibilities, but the authors speculate that their most likely function was in display or signaling, either in courtship to impress mates, or to intimidate rivals. But all sorts of dinosaurs have been drawn displaying at rivals and females dozens of times, so I wanted to illustrate a somewhat unique idea inspired by my dad’s encounter with a cardinal last summer.
This male cardinal would come to the same sliding glass door every day and try to attack his own reflection, beating his wings against the glass, pooping all over the porch and window, and generally being full of testosterone and ire. Glass and mirrors are unnatural and therefore it’s not too surprising that an animal could be confused by them, but water? Unlikely, but let me paint the scenario:
This male Zhenyuanlong, when competing for a female, has just been forced to back down by a male with a better display. He’s feeling rather out of sorts. Hopping across some rocks in a river, he catches sight of that bright orange crest and those striking high-contrast shocks of black and white in his reflection. On some level he knows it’s not real, but seeing them just makes him so damn mad. Next thing he knows he’s fuzzed up in full display, seething with rage and crapping all over the place. He’ll show that bouncing light who’s boss!
Quick analysis of the female characters from prequel to sequel-
Sakura and Ino as children: Stop being friends and declare themselves rivals in their quests for Sasuke’s heart (a boy who barely notices either of them). Their love for Sasuke is exclusively based on his attractiveness, and possibly his intelligence, though clearly not his robotic personality. Sakura and Ino do not resolve their rivalry as teenagers–in fact, one of Asuma’s dying wishes is for Ino not to lose to Sakura, disturbingly enough. Ino and Sakura don’t seem to become friends again until both are in their twenties and married.
Sarada and Cho-Cho as children: Best friends. Normal preteen girls. No interest in boys whatsoever. In fact, Cho-cho appears to have rejections prepared, as evidenced by her encounters with two different boys in her school.
Despite being chubby, Cho-Cho shows a huge amount of confidence in her appearance and abilities. She never looks to others for approval, as other characters do. Sarada, meanwhile, has not expressed any interest in boys either, though Boruto did make her blush, once, when he professed that he wanted to be her right-hand man once she became Hokage. It can hardly be blamed. It was a lofty profession. In comparison, Boruto has been seen blushing profusely, just seeing males and females interact.
Additionally, Sarada and Cho-Cho are depicted as capable, and never rely on the boys for protection or assistance. In fact, often they are seen as more
than their male counterparts, and cardinal to the success of missions. The girls also dream big–Sarada has declared that she will be Hokage. Boruto never stepped in to compete with her. He agreed, without much thought to it, almost like it’s obvious.
Even the female adults in Boruto seem to have shed their convictions that their purposes in life must be to complete for the hearts of men. Adult-Karin has dropped her obsession with Sasuke, and even insisted on the importance of friendship and comradery between women (her and Sakura). Adult-Ino expresses sympathy towards Sakura who Ino believes works too hard. In fact, Sakura, Ino, and Temari all seem to hang out.
The female characterizations in Boruto is a refreshing digression from the ones in Naruto. As a viewer of the prequel series, I always favored Tsunade and Temari, though I never knew why. In hindsight, I suppose I was drawn to them because they were the only healthy depictions of women within the main cast. So props to Boruto. Hopefully the feminism lasts.
Edit- Honorable mention- Himawari. Holy crap, that kid is strong.