Applying eyeshadow can be pretty difficult specially if you are a beginner and have zero knowledge about it. The reason I made this tutorial is to help the beginners in eyeshadow or make up application. When choosing colors, you can never go wrong with neutrals. They are perfect for everyday wear. You don’t need to be a beauty guru to have beautiful looking eyes. All it takes is a little practice and more practice to be able to get the perfect blend of eyeshadow colors.
Try these simple steps of eyeshadow application and get on your way to be a beauty of envy.
1. Clean up your face by washing it or by applying facial toner. Professional make up artists prefer to apply eye primer first on their clients eyelid so the eyeshadow can hold for longer hours. But, if you will only wear it on a casual day and you have no problem with retouching your eyeshadow then you can do it without a primer. Apply a concealer on areas with uneven skin tone.
2. Choose three colors from your eyeshadow palette. You must have a light, medium and dark shade to start. If you are not sure about which shades to choose then go for the neutral shades like peach, browns, nude shades or beige. Apply the lightest color all over your eyelid and on your brow bone. Also apply it on the inner corner of your eyes to make your eyes appear fresh and awake.
3. Take the darker shade of the eyeshadow and apply it on your eyelid. This is the most common technique used for those with hooded eyes because it can make the eyelid more noticeable. Make sure to apply evenly and don’t forget to blend.
4. Take the medium shade of the eyeshadow and apply it on your crease. It can help in defining the shape of your eyes. Make sure to cover the whole area of the eyeball. Don’t forget to blend. For hooded eyes, it’s okay to go a little bit above the crease.
5. Line your upper lash line with a dark eye pencil to make an illusion of thicker eyelashes. Just blend them out to make it appear more natural. We don’t want a harsh black line on the lash line.
6. To make your eyes appear bigger, line half of the lower lash line with dark pencil then apply white eyeliner on the lower waterline for a fresh looking eyes.
7. Curl your eyelashes using eyelash curler. To really open up your eyes you can wear falsies. There are variety of false eyelashes in the market. If you are wearing eyeshadow for a casual every day look you may opt for a not so dramatic eye lashes. For hooded eyes like mine, you can select a pair of falsies that feature long and short strands, with the longest lashes right above your pupil. But, in this tutorial, I opted not to wear falsies anymore.
8. Apply 2-3 coats of mascara and you are done.
9. The effect should be soft and natural looking eyes that you will not be afraid to wear during day time and on a casual day. You can pair it with earth shades of lippies. You may wear this eyeshadow at night just go a little bolder by pairing it with a darker shade of lipstick.
- To make eyes appear awake and bigger, apply a white or nude eye pencil on the waterline.
- Put a highlighter shade on your brow bone to add a lift to your face.
- Clean any fall outs using a wet q tip to achieve a clean crisp look.
- Invest in a good eye primer to boost your eye makeup and help keep shadow on for long.
- Brushes are equally important in making a gorgeous eye makeup. So, invest in some basic brushes.
Please do not hesitate to drop me a line after you tried it yourself.