There are so many things I love about Skin Deep and Rumbelle.
But one of my absolute favourite twists on OUAT is that their Beauty and the Beast story starts with ending a war. I… can’t really explain why, but the idea that Beauty in this story is not simply making a deal with the Beast to save her father (or -in some versions- is basically being sold by her father who already made the deal with the Beast so he would let him go home), this Beauty is a peacemaker. OUAT’s Belle is a nobelwoman in a town under siege. A nobelwoman in a war council room, who is kind and gentle but at the same time has this incredible strength to her. She is someone who is not just capable of finding solutions that others wouldn’t have thought of (in this case summoning the Dark One) she is also the person who is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to save her people. The stakes are much higher than in any other BatB adaptation I know and that just gives this really interesting vibe to that very first scene.
But it’s not just that it made (at least to me) Belle someone who is instantly a fascinating character. I also love how the Ogre Wars are something that played an extremely important role in both Rumple’s and Belle’s lives.
I mean, here we have these two people who couldn’t come from more different backgrounds, born 300 years apart… and yet… war brings them together, in a way. The same kind of war, that so long ago ruined Rumplestiltskin’s life and ultimately made him who he is (after all if there were no Ogre Wars, he wouldn’t have become the Dark One).
But it’s also interesting what kind of role they played in the Ogre Wars. Rumple was a soldier, who suffered because the nobels who ruled that territory (probably) couldn’t care less for their subjects. Rumple in that situation didn’t have any power or privilege. 300 years later he is the one with all the power, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he finds himself fascinated by- and later falls for this young noblewoman, who is willing to give up all her privilege and her freedom to save her own subjects. Belle becomes what Rumplestiltskin once was (a peasant/servant, someone whose life is basically in the hands of their master(s)) -what fate he later escaped from!- willingly, so she can save people like Spinner Rumple and Bae. And I don’t think that’s something Rumplestiltskin saw many times in his long life.
There are many important things about Rumbelle, and the Ogre Wars being a shared experience (even if from totally different POV’s - but imo, that’s what makes it interesting) is probably not one of the most important ones. But damn, it’s fascinating.
Stress Relief part 2 - Wolverine x Reader (NSFW SMUT)
So many people asked for more Wolverine smut…So, here we go. Very NSFW. Really. Shameless smut (with some gif, which do not belong to me by the way). Because self-control is for weak people…wait…hum…Whatever.
It had been a while since you had a week as bad as the one you just had.
Your students, maybe because they felt like the summer vacations were very close, were just being so difficult, so much that at each end of the class you were just exhausted both mentally and physically.
If that wasn’t enough, you had tons of paperworks to take care of because you promised Storm you’d help her with it. You probably made at least 100 new student files, as the school really started to grow and more kids came in every day. You fucking hated paperworks…You cursed yourself for even asking Ororo if she needed help. She was your best friend, and was co-headmaster with Logan…You saw what being headmaster did to Logan, how it took a toll on his mind, mood etc etc, and just had to try to help them. Still. Fuck paperworks.
You also were in charge of recruiting new teachers, and that was another pain in the ass, because damn some of them were perfect idiots. You had to throw some out of the school once you realized they were just journalists, looking for a new scandal article to make about a “school full of dangerous mutants”. Assholes.
Oh, and of course, you also asked Kurt and Hank if they needed help, and of course…They did.
a lot of weird headcanons about sirius black's life
- he was born blonde, shockingly blonde, to the point of being confused as some malfoy clone. walburga didn’t appreciate this. abraxas malfoy thought it was hilarious.
- when regulus was born, he cried and cried and cried, but he wouldn’t let the poor baby out of his sight. he slept on the floor of the nursery and tried to hold hands with regulus through the bars of the crib. his mother thought it was particularly odd but still couldn’t force sirius to leave until regulus was too old for the nursery
- by the age of four, sirius had words like “mudblood” on the tip of his tongue, thrown around the same way anyone else would use “jerk” or “idiot”. that’s just what it meant to him
- once, when he was seven, regulus tried to throw play-punches at sirius in a ship and sirius called him a mudblood out of retaliation. the storekeeper threw them both out and walburga held onto them both by the shoulders, whispering, “he doesn’t know what’s coming to him” and explaining to the boys that the word meant nothing bad at all.
- his mother used to burn photos of muggles in the daily prophet. she’d see them in the backgrounds of photos taken in the muggle world next to articles explaining the newest muggle technology and just burn them, muttering curses and saying, “you see, sirius, dear, this is what we must do to keep ourselves safe.” this was the first time sirius ever felt a gut instinct that his mother might have been wrong.
- his parents didn’t bat an eye when nine year old sirius sprinted into their living room and exclaimed that he was going to marry the handsome, male lead singer of the hobgoblins. “at least pick someone pureblood,” orion had said without lifting his eyes from the newspaper he’d been reading. sirius grinned.
- he loved his parents so much he cried when they dropped him off at platform nine and three quarters.
- when he was sorted into gryffindor, he had no doubt in his mind that his parents would accept him either way. they had loved him dearly, hadn’t they? (he didn’t get a letter back from them about it until two months letter.)
- he didn’t instantly become friends with james potter. they had a sort of competitiveness with one another for the first couple months of their first year, always outdoing each other in classes and racing on the grounds and “look, professor, my rat turned into a pincushion before potter’s -”, “no, it didn’t, his pincushion still has a tail -” and “EVANS! hey, evans, see, black can’t do this on a broom, can he?”, “i can do way more with a broom than you can -”.
- they became friends through remus, who was forced to tutor them both (thanks to mcgonagall) in every class since they couldn’t bother to study when they were too busy trying to prove themselves to each other. "you two would get along,“ remus remarked casually as he attempted to explain the proper way to flick your wand when turning a pin into a glass. potter and black looked at each other. "no,” they said. "well, maybe you two put together could make one proper wizard,“ remus said. ”…he’s got a point there. my parents’ll kill me if they see one more bloody notice from mcgonagall about detention. shake on it, james?“ james grinned and held out his hand.
- peter pettigrew sort of got dragged along into this mess by sirius, who decided peter was kind enough to be part of their group when the other three of them started plotting out a way to map out the secret entrances of the castle so they could get into the kitchens at night. "sirius, i don’t think i can help -” peter said as sirius (literally) dragged him from their room and into the common room at midnight. “nonsense, peter! if we have four people instead of three, then we’ve got a better chance of survival-” "survival???“ "yeah. you’re smart! professor flitwick said your charms are better than most of our year’s, remember?” "well, um -“ "c'mon, pettigrew, you’re gonna get food out of this!”
- sirius realized muggles were people all on his own. it helped that when he met remus’ parents, his mother was the kindest woman he’d ever met, and she was a muggle, and if a muggle raised remus - the kindest boy he’d ever met - then how bad could they be?
- severus snape was not his worst enemy as much as he was the person that was supposed to “fix him” and “keep him away from the gryffindor boys”, according to his parents. he didn’t quite hate snape until he realized this was the whole reason severus started talking to him in the first place.
- sirius says, “so james says you’re a werewolf?” and remus says, “mhmm.” so sirius says, "that’s… awful. i’m sorry.“ and remus says, ”’s alright. you’re not scared, either?“ and sirius says, definitively, "i’ll help you, okay? whatever you need. you’re just remus. the werewolf part of you is just a bonus.” and remus smiles.
- walburga black started ignoring him completely during his second year. his summers were more lonely than he thought they ever could be, especially when his letters from the potters, from the lupins, and the pettigrews were shredded and burned before he ever saw them.
- their third year in a nutshell: “james.”
"for the love of merlin, i am trying to SLEEP; could you two please just make out and shut up already?”
- sirius black started kissing girls in broom closets during their fourth year just to see what it was like. he wasn’t gay, you know, just… he liked both. (he thought.) and girls were pretty. and they thought he was pretty. and it made sense, yeah? it made sense to kiss them. it wasn’t fireworks or anything… more like sparks. (maybe if he loved them, it would’ve made a difference. that’s what he told himself, anyway.)
- his best friend, by far, was lily evans. she’d kind of decided to kick his ass when he left marlene in tears after he kissed her and said he wasn’t interested in dating, and well, sirius kind of loved her for it. she yelled and yelled and yelled at him and all he could do was give some shit-eating grin and say “sorry. do you wanna hang out at hogsmeade next week?” and she just glared at him and said, “i’m not going on a date with you, asshole” and he just said, “god, no, i’d never date you - no offense, but james would kill me. you just seem fun.” and they did have fun. and they never looked back.
- his favorite subject was transfiguration for no reason other than that mcgonagall was the mother to replace his real mother slipping through his fingers.
- sometimes sirius would slip up and say mudblood, and his friends would all look at each other and they’d say, “sirius-” in that voice only mothers use to scold their children, and sirius’ eyes would get all wide and he’d bow his head and he’d say “sorry” and he’d say it over and over and over again until he thought he purged the word out of his system.
- he started kissing boys in fifth year. no one who knew him thought it was all that strange, but those who didn’t certainly did.
- grimmauld place was so empty and lonely and cold every summer that he started cutting up the walls in his bedroom and talking to the portraits instead of his family. he decided to run away when regulus stopped looking him in the eye, slipped out of his house in the middle of the night after packing his bags, and showed up on the potter’s doorstep as padfoot. he cried himself to sleep when they took him in.
- “YOU AND LILY ARE DATING? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? IS SHE UNDER A CURSE? LILY, ARE YOU OKAY, OH MERLIN, JAMES, I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU USED AN UNFORGIVABLE CURSE ON HER-"
- albus dumbledore once told him that he would amount to things far greater than he could ever imagine. he never forgot that, either, through everything.
- the second they graduated, he joined the order of the phoenix and feared for his friends’ lives.
- one time, in the middle of the night, when the death eaters started picking off powerful witches and wizards one by one, after they’d lost so many people, sirius and remus stayed up all night at remus’ place. they huddled together, side by side, underneath a blanket, wands clutched in their fists like lifelines, watching their windows for any green lights that might go off. "remus?” sirius had whispered. “sirius?” remus had whispered back. he kissed remus then, for the first time. “i just needed to do that. at least once.” it was the only time, too.
- harry james potter was the light of his life. when he was born, sirius held his godson in his arms and sobbed great big happy tears, lily and james smiling at each other the whole time.
- he cared more that lily and james had passed than he did about them dragging him, kicking and screaming and aching, to azkaban for “killing peter”.
- azkaban never treated anyone well, but sirius black lost every inch of who he used to be in there. the outgoingness, the laughter,, the dancing on tables, the kissing boys in broom closets, the shit-eating grins, the pranks, the late night talks, the sleep deprived and slurred phrases, the “mishief managed”’s, all that joy - just disappeared, just leaked out of him through the years of waste. he spent more years in that prison than he did with his best friends. he spent more years thinking about them than being with them.
- he was never as angry with peter as he should have been. he just couldn’t make himself despise him. he could want to kill him - he could be angry with him - but he just couldn’t, in his mind, think “peter” and “evil” were synonymous.
- when he saw harry again - he was almost embarassed. almost sad that he was the way he was, so shaggy and matted and broken, half the man he should’ve been for the boy he cared so deeply for, the boy who saved him. who saved all of them. but he could’ve cried out of happiness when he saw him. he wanted nothing more than to hug him, to hug this last little reminder of the man who used to be, this boy who would change his life.
- when he saw remus again, he saw flashes of the lives they were supposed to have - lives they could have had. lives they couldn’t have anymore. he wanted nothing more than to hug him and kiss him and relish in how old they’d gotten and how young they still were.
- every time he saw harry, he was reminded of why he was doing this, why he was joining the order again, why he was fighting agan. in more ways than one. for james. for lily. for harry. for everyone.
- when sirius black died, sacrificing himself for people he loved, becoming a martyr - he died smiling.
Another day, another mission. This one - secretly stop a device being set off during a party without alerting the culprit. Thornton didn’t want this man to know that he was being tracked until it was the right time.
You and Riley were set up in a van further down the road. Normally you’d also be out in the field, but Thornton wanted you to help Riley hold down the fort. And to even serve as extra back-up if needed..
Mac pulled up, causally stepped out of the vintage car and fixed his suit, “How do I look?”. Smiling towards you since he knew you were watching.
“Handsome as always. You should wear a suit more often”, you replied.
Flirting with Mac had been an on going thing ever since the two of you meet. Little comments here and there, side-ways glances as well as a few cheeky smiles. They annoyed everyone else at the Phoenix who just wished you and Mac would become a couple already.
“You two are killing me, just make out and get it over with”. Jack commented through the coms. The two of you forgot the communication lines were open to other people, mainly Jack, and not just you and Mac.
Mac cleared his throat and thank god Riley was the only one here with you.
Spinning lightly on the chair you were occupying while Riley was running interference, you decided to mess with Jack a little. “You look handsome too Jack, that a new suit?”.
Jack adjusted his tie and continued to walk down the footpath, scoping the area. “That’s funny Y/N, truly. But I think you should just stick to flirting with Mac”.
Pretty soon Mac’s voice filled your ear piece. “I second that”.
“Don’t worry Mac, you know I’ve only got eyes for you”. Stating as you watched him walk towards the entrance of the party.
“Are you two done? We’re on a mission after all”. Jack spoke, not sounding too thrilled with the current conversation at hand.
Riley typed away on her laptop. The two of you shared a look, “Jack you’re just mad because no-one wants to flirt with you during a mission”. She said, while you and Mac couldn’t help but giggle.
Seeing Jack through the cameras he pretended to look offended. “Plenty of people would happily flirt with me, thank you very much”.
“Name one person”, Riley challenged.
“I-I, you know what Riley stay out of this”, Jack stuttered
“Guys focus, we can debate about this later. Riley tell me which room this device is in, Y/N watch the security cameras inside for any unusual activity. And Jack stay on the look out around the area”. Mac took charge and you’d be lying if you didn’t admit that it was a tad sexy.
Even though Mac couldn’t see, you still nodded. “Mac, be careful”. You instructed.
He smirked and buttoned his suit, “Aren’t I always?”.
“If you’re done being a smart-ass, get inside the room and let’s stop this device from going off. And who knows, if things are successful you might even get a victory kiss”. You teased.
Mac had just entered the huge ball room filled with people and had a huge grin on his face, “Just a kiss? Kinda hoping for a bit more than that, after all you know exactly how I feel about you”.
“Well finish this mission and then I’ll show you how I feel”.
Jack pretended to gag and you couldn’t help but laugh.
That was the exact motivation Mac needed, the mission turned out to be a success. And finally after months of flirting you and Mac took the next step.
silly fic prompt: phoenix wright defends a sailor guardian of your choice in court
haha omg that is max silly I’LL DO IT.
“Oh yes, I killed him. Completely vaporized. He was a demon, he was trying to suck out a girl’s soul. It’s all part of the job as a defender of justice. So, y’know, you’re welcome. Oh! And if anyone wants autographs after the trial, I’ll be in the lobby.” She blew the audience a kiss.
Phoenix groaned loudly and slumped over his desk. It was not like this was a new situation for him, having his client confess. He has WARNED her not to, but a part of him deep down knew she wouldn’t listen. She and Maya got along far too well.
He just wished it hadn’t been this kind of confession. He was pretty sure Edgeworth was going to pop a blood vessel. At least he seemed to have been rendered momentarily speechless. Phoenix decided to take advantage of that.
“OBJECTION! Your Honor, what my client means is-”
“OBJECTION!” Dammit, Edgeworth had recovered too quickly
“Your Honor, this is ridiculous,” Edgeworth said, crossing his arms, imperious look in place. “There is no such thing as demons and what’s more, no way to prove the victim was a demon. On top of that the defendant will not even give us her name. This trial is a farce.”
“I gave you my name!” Minako snapped. “Sailor V, occupation: super cute hero of justice!”
“That is NOT your real name, defendant.”
“I’m being tried for what I did as Sailor V. Why is it a problem to use that name?”
“She’s wearing a MASK, Your Honor, it’s not.-
“OBJECTION,” Phoenix cut in. “We’ve tried people in weirder, more concealing outfits than this, Edgeworth, come on.”
“That is not the point, it’s a matter of her identity-”
“OBJECTION.” This one hadn’t come from Phoenix. Maya was leaning forward, looking very serious. “Mr. Edgeworth. Do you remember that episode of the Steel Samurai where he had to testify but didn’t take off his mask? You understood why he made that decision, right? A hero can’t reveal his real identity to the public, it compromises them. Didn’t you get that?”
“I… I don’t know what you’re talking about…” Edgeworth glanced around the courtroom a little frantically.
“Mr. Edgeworth. You’re acting just like the mean prosecutor who harassed the Steel Samurai. I know you’re better than that.”
Edgeworth was silent for an extremely long time, his eyebrows drawn together and his lips puckered. Finally, he let out a long sigh. “Very well. I will allow the defendant to be tried as Sailor V.”
“Are you kidding me?” Phoenix’s mouth fell open.“That WORKED?”
Maya grinned at him “You’re welcome, Nick. “ Minako flashed a thumbs up from the stand and she returned it.
“I want to be tough you know, but a lot of times I just look at her and she smiles and I just can’t. She’s so sweet….I want to be rough but just can’t. My heart beats every time…”.
-Val Chmerkovskiy explaining how he can’t help but fall under Zendaya’s charm.
*AKA killing my shipper heart*