Harvesting ice on a Maine lake, 1925. For much of the 19th and early 20th centuries, there was a thriving trade in ice from the lakes of New England to places around the world – as far as Singapore. The ice trade allowed an early version of refrigerated shipping, allowing fresh foods to be transported all over the globe.
* Jeremy and Michael work at a fancy restaurant. Jeremy is a waiter/busboy, and Michael is the entertainment (sings/plays piano). EXTREME pining Jeremy
* summer camp au where Jeremy and Michael are counsellors together at a campsite off of a lake in Maine (nooooo I’m not projecting shhhh)
* Michael and Jeremy own a bed and breakfast (slightly older in this au, probs early to mid 20s)
* Mermaid au. Michael is a lonely mermaid and Jeremy just really loves the ocean and collection sea glass
* Michael and Jeremy are strangers who become roommates through Craig’s list. Mutual pining and lots of misunderstandings
* Monster au with vampire!michael and shape shifter!jeremy
* au where Michael and Jeremy meet at a laundromat at 2am. The two then continue to run into each other in increasingly strange ways
* In drama club together, get cast as romantic leads. They’re already best friends (an oldy but a goody)
* Michael has a summer home right next to Jeremy. Every summer since the two were 6 years old, they hang out as much as they can during the 3 months before Michael has to go back home (stay in touch during the school year)
* Neighbors who lowkey REALLY hate each other because they have very different schedules and the walls in their apartment building are very thin. Get stuck in an elevator together one day when the building has a blackout (hottest day of the year).
* Michael is Jeremy’s tutor for ???? Idk maybe Spanish class?
* Sports au where the bmc kids are all on the baseball team together
* Michael and Jeremy meet and become “amusement ride” buddies for the day at Six Flags. (?? Idk how to add onto this one. You decide)
* Jeremy and Michael do horseback riding and frequently compete against each other. In the beginning, they’re convinced that they hate each other
* Michael is a prince and the two meet at a masquerade party (lowkey Cinderella au I’m sorry)
* Distant family friends who haven’t seen each other in like 7 years are suddenly the only people the same age at a very crowded and awkward Christmas party. Both find the same hiding spot in the house and end up hitting it off
* Obligatory fake dating au
* Footmen for an American estate in the 1920s (I know people are iffy abt historical fics but I really love this concept sorry, also, they’d probably be a few years older in this one)
* The bmc kids are all stuck on a deserted island together
It was a very rainy, stormy and miserable day today but the interns got a lot of indoor work done and a lot of newsletters prepped and ready to be sent out to all our members and sponsors!
Our photographer Monty Sloan took this lovely picture of Timber playing with Her Man, Wotan in the rain. The weather didn’t bother them at all! Timber is currently in our main enclosure (Turtle Lake) and is hopefully preparing for puppies now. We put Wotan with her as well so she can have some fun with him and he can hopefully teach her how to den and prepare herself for pups. This is Timber’s first litter so she’s a little bit inexperienced. But Wotan’s being adorable and finding food for her and putting up with her antics. He’s even regurgitated some food for her. He’s such a good wolf!
long ago, back when i thought i had self restraint and impulse control, i stumbled upon an old ask from gav-bot innocently asking id i’d consider a gem-stuck au…
jk, this was just a very fun way to exercise drawing different body-shapes and silhouettes. ask about fusions if you’d like, i’ve already got a bunch sketched out! (& info for everyone down below since i had so much time to world build while working on everyone and i’d like to get it out somewhere :3c)
Pairing: nurseydex Words: ~3600 Summary: Derek and Dex end up spending a week together. Alone. In Maine. At a lake house. This leads to some important conversations about relationships.
Derek was sitting on the edge of a dock on a lake in Maine wondering what the fuck happened in his life to bring him here. Well, actually he knew exactly what brought him here. He had mentioned casually in the Haus one day near the end of the semester than his parents were planning on going to Italy for a week for their anniversary, and, while he was invited along, he opted not to go so his moms could enjoy the vacation as a couple.
You’ve just gotten a job as one of the makeup artists on the set of Supernatural. Nervous on the first day, you become completely awkward, winning the affection of the divorced Jensen Ackles. You try to fight your desire for him, but he thwarts you at every turn. Will you be able you separate work and play, or will you let Jensen win?
It was the squealing of little children that woke you the next morning. With a groan, you went to move your pillow over your head when your hand came into contact with a warm and naked chest. Lifting your head up, you found that you were using Jensen’s chest as your pillow, your legs tangled with his as his arm wrapped protectively around your waist.
Glancing at the clock, you saw it was past nine in the morning. It didn’t surprise you. Both of you had stayed up late, talking about nothing and everything, enjoying each other’s company, feeling somewhat free of the past. Jensen seemed more light hearted, carefree then he had before, and you were coming to realize how important his talk with Danneel had been.