Sebastian:OMG NO LISTEN HERE YOUNG MASTER NO YOU ARE NOT EATING ANYTHING BEFORE DINNER GOT IT YOU WILL SPOIL YOUR APPETITE AND YOU WILL GET A STOMACH ACHE SO NO I WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANY CHOCOLATE DESSERT COMES AFTER THE MAIN MEAL NO NO NO THE ANSWER IS NO
· 1.5kg medium green king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
· 1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
· 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
· crusty bread, to serve
· Combine oil, garlic, chilli and paprika in a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat for 3 minutes or until oil becomes aromatic. Increase heat to high.
· Add prawns. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until prawns begin to turn pink. Add sherry and cook for 1 minute or until prawns are cooked through. Remove from heat. Toss through parsley. Spoon prawn mixture into bowls. Serve with crusty bread.
I adapted this recipe from Waitrose’s “Roasted Mediterranean Veg Linguine with Mozzarella balls” - Mostly because I am cheap and I obviously don’t want to eat Mozzarella. They suggested using 2 packs of their Mediterranean Veg packs, but as they’re £2 a piece I ignored that, found out what was in it and made it up myself! (I also used Spaghetti and not Linguine because I just couldn’t be bothered to buy it!)
You will need:
2 Courgettes (Sliced)
1 Red and 1 Yellow (or if like me you only have green, go with that) Pepper, Roughly cubed in like 1 inch cubes
1 leek (this isn’t in waitrose’s pack but I threw it in) sliced
3 small red onions sliced
Half a punnet of baby tomatoes in halves
A handful of fresh basil (to serve)
2 or 3 garlic cloves crushed
Mix all the veg (except the basil) together and drizzle with olive oil, cook for around 30 minutes until the veg is lovely and soft. Throw in the chopped basil and serve with cooked spaghetti/linguine (with a drizzle more olive oil if you fancy!)
Waitrose’s recipe used sun dried tomato paste, I went to the effort of buying this but completely forgot about it (it was a scatty day), it was still delicious but I am pretty sure the paste would add a lot to it!
I had a fantastic time working with Scott Sweeney at Grey Book Press on this little manuscript—a group of poems I truly love, and that I hope you can truly love, too. Scott had some really nice things to say about this chapbook, and it will only cost you $6, which is super reasonable. Small presses are the best!
To order one, go here & scroll down until you see the link for Premonitions (the last entry on the Titles page, as it’s the most recent).