Truffle & Mushroom Pasta
Long time no post. It’s been taking me awhile to write again and post my stacked recipes. Apologies.
I’ve discovered the unique flavour of truffles recently. I found this special mushroom goes well with a wide range of ingredients and especially with anything starchy. Off course, I tried to make my favourite pasta dish with it!
I bought a small bottle (about 50g) of black truffles in olive oil at the supermarket for about 18 dollars Canadian. It lasted quite a long time with me using it for crackers, pastas and soups. I highly recommend everyone to go hunting for this cheap bottle of black truffles!
A handful of Angellini Pasta
2 tsp Black truffles
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 pack oyster mushroom
1 pack enoki mushroom
½ pack (6-8) white capped mushrooms
½ onion sliced
Salt & pepper
1. Heat up a frying pan and first brown the sliced onion.
2. Start to sauté the assorted mushrooms together in a frying pan. Remember to sauté the enoki mushroom last as they are thin and cooked faster than the others.
3. In another pot, cook the Angellini until al dente. Then drain.
4. When the pasta is drained (retain a little moisture, so it’ll be easier to mix), add the pasta into the frying pan together with the onion and assorted mushroom.
5. Add in the truffles,and salt and pepper to taste. Mix lightly but evenly.