Watch your candles closely and learn to read them to help you with your practice.
A strong flame: It means that your energies are raised. There is a lot of power behind your spell and little to no resistance. Indicates that all your power and energy is focused on your manifestation. This is a good sign. If a candle shaped into a figure is used and has a strong flame it means that whoever it represents is either angry, winning, or using authority over another. When their are two figures the candle with the higher flame has authority over the other person.
A weak flame: Indicates that the magick you cast is facing a heavy opposition and is a sign that you may need to recast your spell in order to overcome the opposing force. On a figure candle this may indicate that the representative may be loosing a battle or an argument.
A jumping flame: This indicates strong emotions. There may also be some sort of resistance against you. Maybe close your circle and bring your mind back to focus before continuing. It may also mean an explosion of energy. When two figure candles are being used it often means that an energetic or a heated argument is taking place between them.
A noisy candle: Indicates a conversation. It may may that a spirit is trying to send you a message or get in contact with you. The louder the noises get the more urgent communication must be.
The flame catches something on fire: Someone one may be using malicious magick against you.
A clean even burning candle: Means your spell and manifestations are likely to come true.
Fast Burn: The results of your spell will happen quickly.
Flickering Flame: If there is no breeze then it means a spirit is near by. If it is a devotional flame it means you were able to get in contact with your deity.
Cannot blow the flame out: A spirit may not be finished its conversation with you or you did not complete a spell. The spirit needs to complete its work, something may be may in the works that you do not want to interrupt.
A flame goes out while burning: This means the spirits cannot help you and the answer you seek is already determined.
Black smoke/soot: Your energy and magick is being blocked. Negative energy is being sent your way, whether as a curse or hex. You may soon be faced with tough challenges and a hard road ahead of you.
Smoke wafts towards you: It means your call will likely be answered or your spell has been cast successfully. You will get results quickly.
Smoke wafts away from you: You must work harder in order for your calls to be answered.
Watch the direction the smoke wafts: East - Something powerful is assisting you, North - You are ready to begin your ritual and get results, South - The spell will be successful, West - A powerful interference from an outside force.
Smoking Candle: Negative energy is being burned away.
When a candle leaves wax residue: Your spell may need to be repeated.
Look for symbols in the candle wax, like reading tea leaves.
This spell comes from the idea of “sweet talking” in order to achieve a goal. It works a lot like a honey jar which I have a post about if you’re interested in the history/how to make them. The sugar and honey act to “sweeten” your speech convincing the candle/spirit to work for you.
For this spell you will need:
1) Honey (or any other liquid sweetener ex. agave, syrup, molasses, etc)
3) Something to mix with
4) A bowl or cup
5) Candle of your choice
What you’re going to do is mix the honey and sugar until it makes a paste. It should be pretty thick and not too runny. Then, using a candle you have already put your intention into your going to smear some of the honey onto it. Be careful not to overcoat it as this can cause fires/uneven burning. With the rest of the honey you’re going to put it on your tongue (DO NOT SWALLOW YET) and “sweet talk” the candle. Tell it what you want it to do, when it will be done and how. After you have said everything you wanted to say light the candle and swallow the honey mixture.
This spell can be used for money, love, or anything else really. I have had amazing results using this for money and have noticed this spell always works fast when I’m in a hurry.
Additional ingredients can be added of course, for example when using this spell for money I usually use cinnamon (powdered) and bank dirt (I have a post on this!) Happy casting!
Keep your fortunes from fortune cookies!
-put them on your alter as either prayers or offerings.
-burn them as spells
-turn them into Sigils.
-Sit them with an incense burner, so when the smoke flows throughout the room, the intent of the fortune goes with it.
Being organized is a wonderful way to find success and just enjoy life more in general. Having a morning routine can start your day off right and keep you running on a full tank of energy. Quite a few of you probably do have an established morning routine, or at least a list of things you do every morning. Regardless of how your morning goes, there are always a few little things you can do to witch-ify your morning.
1. Choose your breakfast based on your intent for the day! Whatever you’re hoping for that day-whether it be for your crush to say hello or a phone call confirming that you got the job-basing your first meal off of your intentions can help bring a little good luck your way. If you’re hoping for something passionate or frustrating or romantic, choose red (make a strawberry smoothie or some toast with strawberry jam). Get creative! Find a way to get in the color black or pink or yellow.
2. Start the day off with a glass of water, then the best part, tea. I say drink water first because that’s extremely important and utterly refreshing. After all of that is taken care of, drink some tea. Try to aim for some more caffeinated tea if you can (to give you an extra shot of energy and productivity). Add in some honey and stir clockwise for a little extra magic. Anything to incorporate some telltale mysticism!
3. Meditate when you get up. Many individuals choose to meditate in the morning. This calms them and helps them focus on what they need to get done that day. It will relieve any stress and anxiety you’re feeling, and most importantly, it’s a very popular Witchcraft tradition. Meditating is known to help with astral projection, as well as seeing auras and getting in touch with your chakras. It doesn’t matter if you only do it for five minutes, as long as you’re getting in some me time.
4. Pop a good ole’ crystal in your purse or pocket! This is one of my favorites. Not only are the options so endless (depending on what you’re hoping for that day), it’s easy and takes no time at all to do. If you’re hurried and in a rush one morning, take the time to just throw a little crystal in with your things. Bonus points if you set it on your phone while it’s charging to cleanse it.
5. Eat your breakfast outside. Getting in some fresh air before your day begins is a super good idea. It will clear your mind and refresh your senses, which will also help with your Witchcraft. Nothing beats listening to the birds while there’s still a bit of mist in the air. Plus, you have food! Good job if the food you’re eating is based on your intent for the day. If you don’t have the time to physically walk outside and sit out there without multitasking for five or more minutes, no worries. Simply pop open a couple of windows and sit by them for a more toned-down experience.
6. Draw sigils on your face with cleanser, lotion, or makeup. Rub them in to activate. This is a really good hack for glamours, as well as just making you look good. However, your sigil doesn’t have to be for your physical appearance. It can pretty much be any sigil at all. As long as you sufficiently activate it and are confident in your workings, things should go smoothly. The best thing about this hack is that you don’t have to wear makeup to do it. Just use your cleanser or some serum. Even water will do!
7. Make some fruit water the night before. Fruit water is especially good for color magic because you can find fruit in basically any color imaginable, even black if you’re willing to search hard enough (blueberries are close enough if you don’t have any other options). The brilliant practicality of fruit water is pretty obvious. It’s wonderfully hydrating, flavorful, healthy, and best of all, magical. Plus, it won’t take up any of your morning time because it’s pre-made.
8. If you have any deities, pray to them when you wake up. Although I personally have no deities, it’s a great idea for those of you who do. It doesn’t even have to be a fancy exchange. Maybe just say good morning or a quick, respectful hello. Or if you’re a fan of multitasking, just have a nice chat with them while doing whatever you need to do. Anything is suitable as long as it isn’t downright rude.
9. Light some candles. Your house will smell good all throughout the day, and it will definitely help to magic-ify the atmosphere. You can also burn incense if that suits your fancy. Whatever smelly-ma-bobber you want to use works fine. It’s quick and easy so it won’t be a hassle, and you’ll leave your home smelling like heaven. Bonus points if you wave a candle or some sage around to clear away any negative energies.
10. Put some dried flowers on your breakfast. My personal favorite is dried lavender, but you can use whatever you prefer. You can pick flowers for any number of purposes, as long as they’re perfectly edible. They can be sprinkled on a smoothie bowl, scattered over some toast with peanut butter and honey, or if you’re up for a challenge, add them to savory foods. The choice is yours!
I hope you guys enjoyed these ideas and if you want more, please just ask! Questions, requests, and suggestions (plus a simple hello) are all welcome. In the meantime, have fun and happy bewitching!
Ah candles, they’re a wonderful tool for magick but they’re messy as hell. And if you’re anything like me you’re going to find melted candle wax on every freaking surface in the house. But you don’t need to leave those little bits and pieces of wax to waste. Scrape it off of your altar/old spell jars and stash the wax in some kind of container. You can then use those multicolored pieces to custom decorate your tea light candles!
Glitter makes everything better, including your spells.
Using glitter when dressing your candles can add an extra kick to all of your spells. It is also a cheap alternative when all you have are white candles and still want to use corresponding colors in your work.
If you’re dressing a taper or coach candle you can simply put the oil on first and roll in the desired glitter. If you’re dressing a novena candle (glass encased) you can sprinkle a bit on top just be careful not to use too much since the top can catch on fire. Glitter and glitter glue can also be used to decorate engraved sigils/words carved onto your candles. Some ideas include:
There are hundreds of complex, glamourous spells all over the internet, and some of these spells are wonderful. However, some people don’t have to time, energy, motivation, or money to do those sorts of spells. For those people, here are some easy spell ideas.
1. Do some birthday-like magick! Light a candle, make a wish, and blow it out. (You can also snuff it out or let it burn down, depending on what you believe works best.)
2. Alternatively, blow dandelion seeds while making a wish.
3. Chant while preparing food. Even if it’s just microwaved ramen or something of the sort, give it a few stirs and chant your intent. (For example: “I will have good dreams tonight.”)
4. Before taking a bath, write your intent on a piece of paper. Fold up the paper and leave it in the bath water for a few minutes to let the water be charged with your intent. (This would work best for spells designed to affect the caster, such as glamour spells. It would probably not be a good idea to cast a curse this way.)
5. Keep a diary and write about things you want to happen as if they already have. For example, if you want someone to ask you out, write an entry about them doing so.
6. Simply think about your intent while listening to a song that reminds you of it.
7. Before drinking anything, whisper your intent into the glass or bottle.
8. Wear colors that correspond to your goal and focus on your intent while getting dressed. If you’re unable to get dressed every morning, you could also wear jewelry, nail polish, or makeup of the color.