A Healthy Kitchen Witch for a Happy New Year
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Yeah, it’s all arbitrary, and yet these completely made up ideas still influence what we think and feel. So, to take control of that subconscious, here’s a few crafty tips for starting the New Year. (I actually like to do all these things before I go out for the New Year’s Eve party, so that I come home to a new year and a fresh start. But it’s a bit late for that now.)
- Clean the whole house. Pay special attention to the floors, the mirrors, and counter- and tabletops. Wash up any dishes you have left in the sink, or fill up the dishwasher and put it on if you have one. All this is best done before Midnight (hence why I do it before the party).
- Put out fresh linen - bedsheets, tablecloths and all. Anything you can.
- Take out the trash. This sounds painfully prosaic, but starting the new year with last year’s garbage is something that was always profoundly, even spiritually displeasing to me. Taking it off your mind will make you feel better.
- Air the whole house. This can also be done on the morning of New Year’s Day.
- Change the incense, aromatic oils, potpourri and any other things you used to scent the air. Give yourself a whole new atmosphere.
These are just a few ideas, I’m sure you get the picture. As always, the most important part is what feels right to you.