So since i literally work 5mn away from the Olympia I thought I’d go check it out, just to be able to say I’d been there.
Honestly, I didn’t expect that seeing Harry’s name in big neon letters in real life would be so fucking weird? Like, if that was THAT weird for me, i can’t imagine what seeing him in the flesh in a few months will be like!
The queue was massive, even more than i expected. It went on and on and on all around the block and honestly i don’t think you can fit that many people in that place?
There were a lot of women, some signs (that made me awww), a few English voices. I am happy to say i felt nothing but tenderness for them, no jealousy. They are about to have one of the best nights of their lives and i wish them all the fun. I hope Harry comes to them refreshed and wild, and I hope they brought their rainbow flags. 💚💛💜💙
Look! Its a cute, random sim I made named Olympia (Ollie for short!) with my English bulldog! My bulldog is too big to hold like this, but I don’t really know how to make her bigger, still working on all that.
I’ll actually go in game today and get some cute screenshots instead of playing in CAS for 2 hours
George Harrison, Top Ten, Hamburg, 1961, photographed by Jürgen Vollmer; Paul McCartney, John Lennon and George Harrison in Paris, 15 January 1964, photo via CBS.
The following is translated from Jürgen’s book, published in Germany in 2013:
“[In 1964] George had called me. The Beatles and their entourage were residing in the elegant George V. Just the thought of George’s idea of going to meet them at the hotel and then accompanying them to the Olympia made me feel uneasy. Instead, I had suggested meeting them at the theater, hoping that my inhibitions wouldn’t be noticed amid the general hustle and bustle there.
Okay, sensitive George had said, he would give the necessary instructions so that I would be let through to their dressing room from the stage door.
In front of the Olympia and on the side streets, I was greeted by a sight I had never encountered before, of hundreds of loud girls and boys who were apparently trying to catch a glimpse of their idols even though they did not have tickets, while repeatedly screaming out the names of the four Beatles.
2013, for me:
What an amazing fucking year it has been. It’s crazy to think I’ve fit so much in in 12 months time. I feel like I’ve grown a lot.. A whole lot. Starting in….
• January - moved into a new apt in Sacramento that I loved
• March - Finally got out of an unhealthy 2+ year relationship
• April-June - Collected my thoughts and set plans
• July - Sold everything I owned, bought a backpack and stuffed it with bare essentials and was dropped off in downtown Seattle by my best bud Adam and started walking North, with no destination. It was the most amazing, liberating, and plain awesome feeling I’ve ever had. I spent over a month walking around the PNW, hopping from island to island, finally meeting someone who offered me a very good job. Saved money and met a lot of outstanding humans.
• September - Purchased a bike and left my job and friends to start a bike tour from Seattle-San Francisco down Hwy 101 and Hwy 1. I got injured from the bike tour in early October, so I made my way back towards Olympia, where I stayed for about two weeks, meeting again, fantastic people who took me in to their homes and treated me like family.. So cool. While in Olympia, (my first day actually), I got hit by a car and was almost completely uninjured, and got a 1700$ settlement, which supplied the rest of my trip and then some because I only had 30$ left at the time!! Made my way back to the coast, where I met two men who I feel I will know for a very long time, Peter and Patrick. Also met a woman who showed me that there are people who could actually care about and appreciate me.. The “hnng flower woman”..
• October - Landed in San Francisco, where I got my first tattoo to celebrate. Patrick and Peter continued their journeys, to Arizona and Peru, respectively.
•November - Moved back to Sacramento and to be honest, didn’t do much. Lived with my old friends and worked a little, trying to figure out what my next plan was.
• December - Moved to Mammoth Lakes, a ski resort situated in between Bishop and Yosemite. Plan on working here to save money and climb hard as much as possible, and travel to the east coast this upcoming spring and start this all over again. Also, I quit smoking cigarettes!
I spent my 21st year on this earth exploring, meeting, writing, laughing, playing pool (a lot), and learning a lot about myself. I have never felt so comfortable with dying as I am now. In a good way. I had so much fun it’s ridiculous. I can’t wait to do it all over again.
I hope you all have an awesome year. Get the fuck out there and see the world! There is so much to do!!!!