Try to understand – this is long foretold. This is your–
Destiny? Don’t give me that “holy” crap. Destiny, God’s plan… It’s all a bunch of lies, you poor, stupid son of a bitch! It’s just a way for your bosses to keep me and keep you in line! You know what’s real? People, families – that’s real. And you’re gonna watch them all burn?
How I got my Honors Psychology class to discuss Destiel fanfiction
Today I had my Psychology and Philosophy of War class, which I absolutely love. It’s part of a larger, nation-wide honors program and we discuss the effects of war on people, cultures and society.
We split into discussion groups to think of examples for what the professor had spoken about.
I brought up a fictional story I’d read about a man named Dean going off to fight in Vietnam, leaving behind his distraught loved ones, and how when he got back everything, including himself, was changed and he couldn’t handle it and had to leave it all behind. My group loved it and we all debated various points of the story.
- Dean’s spare letters in his game are “LURIFEC” which is literally just “LUCIFER” (poorly) jumbled up.
- that proud smile when Dean refers to Baby as “a piece of history”.
- When Cas meets the boys in LA, and Dean gives him the “babe is that really what you’re wearing?” talk with, to which Cas responds with his very own oh-you’re-really-one-to-talk look, accompanied by the “at least I don’t look like a lumber jack” comment because they are just so m a r r i e d
- Speaking of which, those are some exceptionally blue eyes you’ve got there, Cas.
- Sam fitting right in with the Calfornian culture and Dean getting on him for it, as if he hadn’t lived it for over three years, back at Stanford (or maybe Dean just doesn’t like being reminded of the time when Sam was away).
- Dean handed Cas the panties (with a wink and his little tongue thing p r o b a b l y).
- Dean strumming on the guitar in Vince’s room (Dean, yourJensen is showing).
- Dean in his sunglasses and leather jacket, bein’ an LA boy ^-^
- Dean’s that-was-probably-a-bad-idea face directly after he yells “HE’S GOT A GUN!”
- Sam using his incredible strength to hold open the doors, despite Lucifer trying to close them, until everyone was out safely. What a hero !!
- ”Hey, assbutt!”
- Luci crying while talking about why he’s mad (which bubbles down to that he’s mad at daddy for leaving and jealous that Dean got to spend more time with his Aunt Amara than he did).
- that fucking leather jacket (and those lips and those eyes):
- how deeply Sam genuinely cares for every living being that Vince’s death was still a really horrible thing to him
- “We’re not winning. We’re just losing slow.” Sammy, you went to Stanford. Check your grammar, please and thank you.
summary: Dean just really wanted to celebrate a good hunt with the two most important people in his life. But things never go as planned, and when some stranger starts hitting on Castiel, it’s hard for Dean to keep his feelings to himself.
“Why are we leaving?” Castiel asks with honest confusion, leaning in between the driver’s and shotgun seat, his hands resting on both.
Dean brings his gaze over to him, forgetting he is driving. His attention easily gets dragged away from the road by his brother or Cas.
“To celebrate.” He grins, looking ahead again. “We showed those assholes where they belong, huh? You killed so many in just a few seconds and well, you saw yourself how good Sammy did. Plus, it’s been ages since we’ve been out, especially the three of us together. I thought, y’know, it’d be fun.”
The excitement in his voice when he speaks of Cas and Sam is faded by the time he finishes his sentence.
It sounds stupid when he says it like that, and part of him is afraid he’s the only one who feels this way. Like the three of them are a team, the three musketeers ready to save the day.
wrestling match inside your noggin… i like the idea. just you and me, one round, no tricks. you win, you jump in the hole. i win… well, then i win. what do you say, sam? a fiddle of gold against your soul says i’m better than you.
A woman is found in the bunker, lost and confused with no memory
of who she is or where she came from. She is just there. The boys bury
themselves in research whilst Cas looks at her oddly. He is sure that he has
met her before but can’t figure out where.
She slowly warms to both Cas and Sam and both of them feel like they know her
and that she is trustworthy. Dean however doesn’t like her, doesn’t like the way
she laughs and jokes with his little brother and he certainly doesn’t like the
way she is flirting with Cas…
Throughout the action and the drama (maybe the woman brought a
monster along with her from wherever she came from) much to Dean’s annoyance she
becomes closer and closer to Sam and more so even to Cas. The woman bonds with
Castiel in a way no one has since Dean himself, and Castiel seems rather taken
with her too. Dean is obviously jealous of the pair (in that subtle subtextual
way the show likes to use so much) and it all kicks off when Dean accidentally
sees them sharing a passionate kiss.
Castiel is rather shocked himself that the woman was so forward
but he can’t deny that he has feelings for her, though in a very confusing way.
Castiel ponders this new development whilst Dean broods and Sam frantically
looks for a resolution to this new madness they have got wrapped up in.
When the climatic fight is over and the boys find out what the
monster had stolen from the mystery woman, all is resolved. The woman’s younger
sister was being held hostage by the monster, along with the woman’s
She reveals herself as Deanna. she followed her sister Samantha
into the monsters trap on a hunt and was transported to an alternate universe.
Needless to say everyone is surprised. Not least of all Castiel, who realises
why he had such strong feelings for her. The sisters are able to reopen the
portal to their universe and bid farewell to the boys. Though not before Cas
gets a kiss goodbye and Dean gets a wink. Leaving Dean even more confused than
Nothing more is mentioned
about the whole situation other than a knowing look from Sam and a slightly
awkward pat on the shoulder between Cas and Dean. The episode ends with a
lingering shot on Dean’s face as he watches Cas walk away. His confusion is
evident on his face. An audience of general viewers wonder what the hell that
was all about. Misha tweets something entirely inappropriate and Jensen flirts
with him about it. The episode breaks Tumblr. The writers work is done… for