Imagine a post-ME3 Shepard visiting Tuchunka to see how Wrex, Grunt and Eve are rebuilding the Krogan world.
Imagine Shepard landing on Tuchunka with Liara at her side, and they step out of the shuttle to see cities rising the distance, and statues being pieced back together.
Imagine Shepard getting a playful punch in the arm from Wrex and Grunt, who both say that they would have gone for a headbutt if she wasn’t still healing.
Imagine Eve walking up with a dozen little Krogan children running around her, each one marveling at Shepard and Liara, some of the first non-Krogans they’ve seen. Imagine them all gathering around Liara as she tells them stories about the worlds she’s seen and the people she’s met.
Imagine one little Krogan remaining behind, looking up to Shepard with big, wondrous eyes. Shepard kneels in front of them and asks “Hey, what’s your name?”
The little Krogan meets her gaze, a hopeful smile crossing his face.
Not sure if you remember this post from a year ago… but consider this a Part 2?
Pull up in the monster the normandy’s gangster with a bad bitch that came from Tuchanka. Yeah I’ve got gazongas, color of Rustaka. Sovereign thinks he’s king but watch this queen conquer OK first things first I’ll blow your brains then imma start rocking black eyes and fangs cause that’s what a motherfucking banshee do. An ardat-yakshi gal that’s the monster screw. Pureblood from thessia, my monster milieu. Shadow Broker’s got the roster of the monster crew. And I’m all up all up all up in my lab fuckin’ making bank and if I’m fake I won’t notice, bitch I draw a blank. Let me get this straight wait I’m the rookie but my research gets this ho ten times your pay? Just one hundred and six and my work’s renowned. Yeah my credits so tall that asari’s gotta climb it. Hotter than a Metgosian climate, find that Prothean shit, Javik’s whinin’ Fuck with Aria like she don’t mind it, got these bitches so one-track minded. But really really I don’t give an F-U-C-K forget Liara, fuck her ‘cause she’s fake. I see her, she be eatin’ shepard’s ass like cupcake. And I’ll say Urdnot Grunt is child’s play confront benezia, bitch get out of my way. Besides Bae they can’t stand besides me I’m thinkin you, me, and ash should menage Friday blue tits, thick ass, give em whiplash I think big get cash biotic blink past. Now look at what you just saw, this is who you play for *banshee scream* I’m a motherfucking monster!
My original piece that started all of my ME family drawings. Garrus is the best space husband and would have made my femShep very happy if we ever got that happy ending. Alas this was only to be a dream.
a melody is like seeing someone for the first time. the physical attraction; sex. but then, as you get to know the person, that’s the lyrics. their story, who they are underneath. it’s the combination of the two that makes it magic.
- Garrus actually being worried about his father: I lovelovelove the arc of Garrus’s relationship with his father. The man we hear about in ME3 is very different from the oppressing and stuck up person Garrus talks about in ME1. But I’d wager that it’s really not Papa Vakarian who has changed so much. Instead it shows how much Garrus has grown up and come to see his father in a new light, which in turn has transformed their relationship from exasperated parent / obstinate teenager into two people who apparently respect and trust each other to a significant degree.
I also love the fact that Garrus actually gets to resolve his daddy issues in a positive way, unlike so many other characters in the game (especially looking at you, Miranda and Jacob). And it’s not through something his father does, but through his own growth and his willingness to admit that he might actually be wrong about things sometimes (honestly, I could write a whole post just on their relationship, because it’s really such a great and interesting piece of character development).
- Garrus subtly calling out Shepard’s bullshit: He would never ever have uttered the line about platitudes in ME1, and probably not even in ME2. Of course Garrus trusts and respects Shepard, but by this point she also trusts and respects him - and he knows it. He feels comfortable calling her out, and Shepard just accepts it, because that’s what friends and partners do. (And seriously, our Lady of the Inspiring Pep-Talks could have come up with something better than “I’m sure they’re okay”, don’t you think?)
- Garrus asking about Shepard’s family: Does anyone else do this? The only one I remember is Hackett telling her that her mom is now working on the Crucible, but other than that I don’t remember a single person asking about Shepard’s family (though I might be wrong; please correct me if I’m forgetting someone). So while Shepard spends the three games asking and caring about everyone’s lives and concerns, no one really asks about hers. Except Garrus, who not only cares, but by now also feels close enough to her to ask.
- Shepard being worried about her mom: Look at that panel and tell me you don’t feel the urge to give poor Shep a big hug, I dare you. She looks so sad and worried, and it shows that her mom is apparently really important to her. Which I love, because so often mother-daughter relationships are used as a cheap source of conflict. But here it looks like our heroine actually has a close and positive relationship with her mother, who, from what little we know, also appears to be a pretty cool and admirable person in her own right. So strong and competent female character having a good relationship with her strong and competent mother = Very Good Thing.
But what really gets me about this moment is this:
That is the angle of the shot if you’re not using flycam during the conversation. So Shepard has this very personal moment of sadness and vulnerability and we are not supposed to see it. All you can see in the normal view is a hint of her shaking her head, and that’s it. So who is supposed to see it?
Garrus, that’s who. Because she trusts him so much, she can let down her guard and let him see her as a human being, and she knows that he won’t stop respecting or believing in her. Since we as the player are basically Shepard herself, you could even argue that she is willing to show Garrus a side of her that she herself doesn’t really want to face.
- The adorable uncomfortable awkward handwringing: LOOK AT THE ADORABLE AWKWARD UNCOMFORTABLE HANDWRINGING JUST LOOK AT IT *melts into helpless puddle of Garrus-love*
And that is why my heart always and forever belongs to Spacer!Shep <3