“joker was romantic to Harley!!” “He even kissed her” “it’s just fiction uwu uwu”
1. Did we fucking watch the same movie?
- he manipulated her
- he caused “really much pain” to her, even in his own words
- he abused her
- he drove her insane
- he threw her into a bleach tank
2. He is only pretending to love her? Have you read comics? Mad love? He’s ma•ni•pu•la•ting her. He’s only pretending to love her. And Harley is only at Stockholm’s. For fucks sake, stop shipping that.
3. Did you know:
- fiction impacts reality
- fiction often gives influence to real people
- Harley Quinn was created as a warning, not shipping material
- don’t ship her with joker
- stop shipping abuse
I can sense his presence around me. My eyes are closed. I feel his fingers slide down my back. I crumple into him. It is electric and I’ve been shocked.
Instead of what we all expect, he pulls me in, and wraps his arms around me. We stand in this warmth for what seems like forever.
His cheek rubs against mine as we pull apart, and I feel the wetness from his tears. I kiss his forehead as my eyes begin to water, the apology we never utter hangs in the air and we both can feel it. As we step apart, he takes my hand in his, and gives it a firm shake.
We’re done here. The desperate plea and final hurrah. My eyes tell him not to go, while my lips betray me and wish him safe travels.
He turns and we lose contact, my hand still raised, taking in the void.
“We’ve all selected the wrong partners, all gotten hurt, and hopefully all moved on wiser for the experience. But there are those who, even in the face of constant disappointment, continue to believe that the intensity of their desire will be rewarded by an eventual jackpot of affection. And if that’s the slot machine you’re playing, friend, you’d better leave the casino ‘cause that one don’t pay out” -Paul Dini
BATMAN ADVENTURES: MAD LOVE (Feb. 1994) Art by Bruce Timm & Rick Taylor Words by Paul Dini
Oh can I get on the mad at Wheaton train for an entirely different reason? Grrr. I'm so mad I couldn't read that comic on my dashboard easily. I had to do THREE extra clicks! RAWR. I blame Wil Wheaton and not Tumblr. *stomps feet*