Me in my head:
twenty one pilots, taylor swift, alanis morissette, nirvana, billy joel, panic! at the disco, amy winehouse, the killers, melanie martinez, foo fighters, britney spears, weezer, fleetwood mac, lana del rey, vance joy, cage the elephant, florence and the machine, the offspring, ed sheeran, frank sinatra, imagine dragons, john lennon, ke$ha, spice girls, disney, every broadway soundtrack ever. the list does not stop. there is no coordination.
here’s the gay mac watchlist!!
every title on the list has some noticeable hints, but some are more subtle than others.
bolded titles are really gay (episodes where mac being gay is either explicitly discussed beyond an offhand comment, or there are details included that very obviously reflect closeted mac). asterisks after titles* indicate that components of that episode were written out of ignorance, and may only be indicators of “gay mac” when taking mac’s misogyny, transmisogyny, and/or Propensity To Be An Asshole into consideration, especially in early seasons.
4.4 is the first instance where anyone directly mentions that mac is gay; the references become less and less subtle from there. as always, if this is your first time watching sunny, i recommend skipping season 1 and coming back later. hope you enjoy!!
1. Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself 2. Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again 3. ZZ Top - Legs 4. Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody 5. The Roots - The Seed (2.0) 6. Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime 7. DIIV - Under The Sun 8. Erasure - A Little Respect 9. Phoenix - J-Boy
1. Coldplay - Swallowed In The Sea 2. U2 - Every Breaking Wave 3. The 1975 - Settle Down 4. Coldplay - Warning Sign 5. Coldplay - The Hardest Part 6. The Killers - All These Things That I’ve Done 7. Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent 8. Fleetwood Mac - Sentimental Lady 9. M83 - Splendor 10. MGMT - Time to Pretend 11. Of Monsters and Men - Yellow Light 12. M83 - Moonchild 13. Coldplay - Ink 14. Arcade Fire - Here Comes the Night Time 15. Coldplay - Square One 16. The Lumineers - Big Parade 17. Lana Del Rey - Ride 18. Crystal Castles - Baptism 19. Vance Joy - Georgia 20. Foals - My Number
On Halloween night, 1979, at approximately 10:30 p.m. Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris drove into Sun Valley, where they encountered Shirley Lynette Ledford as she hitchhiked home from the job she held as a waitress. Within 5 minutes of Shirley Lynette entering the van which Bittaker and Norris referred to as Murder Mac, Bittaker had driven to a quiet side street, where he slammed on the brakes of the van before throwing Shirley from the passenger seat into the rear of the van. Norris then wrestled her to the floor, stripped the clothes off the terrified girl, and bound her hands behind her back. This is just part of the transcript of the tape Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris recorded in the van with Shirley Lynette Ledford (it does not include extensive periods where all one hears are Shirley’s heartbreaking screams, weeping, gasps of pain/agony and wailing):
Bittaker: (Slapping Shirley) Say something girl, huh? Huh? Ledford: What do you want me to say? Bittaker: Huh, huh? Say something, girl! Don’t you hit me? Huh, huh? Bittaker: Say something girl. Huh? Ledford: Ouch! (Shirley begins to scream) Bittaker: Say something! C’mon! You can scream louder than that, can’t you? Huh? What’s the matter, don’t you like to scream? (Slapping sounds can be heard). Ledford: (Screams) Oh no! Bittaker: What’s the matter, huh? You want to try again? Ledford: (Screams) Oh no! Don’t touch me! No! Bittaker: Huh? You want to try again? Ledford: On no, don’t touch me! No don’t touch me. No! No! No! No! No! Bittaker: Want to try again? Ledford: No, no, no, no, no, no, no!
unsurprisingly i have several! in no particular order:
1. when he’s standing in front of a mirror shirtless and rocking red lipstick, telling himself “make it work, dennis”
2. that purply-red face he got because he couldn’t wait to call himself a bastard man
3. any time his mascara runs from crying
4. his “bad dad” shirtless duster look from his stripper act
5. his electric dream machine look, complete with stars painted on his face and deep pink lipstick
6. that blazer/turtleneck combo from “mac is a serial killer”
7. his twink black tank top look from the pilot episode
8. his mustard yellow hugh honey suit
9. when he had a sweater tied around his neck in the boat episode