Wow, haven’t used my #5thAtelier tag for something craft-related in a while 😅
So in preparation for my Venitu’s new character I’ve started practicing wigmaking again, this time using the glue method. It’s easier to work with and much faster (this only took me some 4-5hours today), not to mention much less bulky than the weft-sewing method. Another cool thing: since I used a clear-drying fabric glue, the top didn’t have that obvious crown weft and I didn’t have to make the hair-parting (which would’ve made things much harder since Leekeworld’s heat resist wefts are rather stiff). I’m excited to see how the technique works for lighter and softer fibers 😄
#bjd #abjd #balljointeddoll #dolls #dollstagram #LUTS #wig #crafting
I hate seeing those posts that say “If you cant spend money, this hobby is not for you.”
This hobby is incredibly flexible with price ranges. Need a doll under $100? That’s fine! Check out Hujoo’s ABS lovelies, or some of the Smaller Resinsoul dolls, or heck, Mirodoll often has BJD sales where even MSD sized dolls can be found for under 100.
Need an inexpensive wig? Fur wigs can usually go for under $10, and theyre easy to style and modify!
Need inexpensive eyes? Acrylic eyes are usually priced low! Also, Luts has a sale section where you can get a pair for $4.00
Need inexpensive clothes but cant sew? That’s okay. K2 has some great clothing for a fraction of the cost.
This hobby is for EVERYONE, not just for people with a lot of money.
She is a dawn goddess and I’m getting her in real skin brown, with blue antlers on the romantic girl body. I was originally going to get her outfit as well, but I just can’t manage to swing it money wise (especially since Souldoll released the new souloids)
Doll Family A has released this cool anime-styled head for $25.00 !!! Its lack of mouth allows for a huge variety of expression, and its appearance allows you to make it whatever gender you’d like.
This is an SD sized head, and inexpensive bodies for SDs are hard to come by, but get this, with Doll Family A’s event right now, you can get a body for $212.00, making the full doll about $237.00 which is pretty reasonable for an SD. If that is still too expensive, how about a resinsoul body? They’re $155.00 making the doll $180.00 Plus shipping from both sides. And that is super reasonable.
With Mirodoll’s current sale of bodies being about $105 for the boy, or $88 for the female, you can look at paying about $130 or $113 for this full doll (plus shipping of course). THAT is a crazy deal if i’ve ever seen one! Check out companies like Fantasy Doll and Angel of Dream too if you dont like the previously mentioned companies! (Fantasy Doll’s boy body is great for sweet, innocent characters!!!)
I hope this helps anyone looking to get an anime styled doll, but is low on funding~ I don’t know how long the Anthony head will be for sale, as it is in a “Special Offer” category!!
1. Psyche’s real name is actually Jonathan, but since he was raised by his mother (whose name is “Dream”) she gave him a more fitting name. Or: she thought it would fit.
2. Psyche is the child of a dark Magician and a Succubus, that’s why he has the hooves, horns and the little tail.
3. He is naive without compare, he has no idea what an Incubus has to do and failed in school a lot, he’s send to earth to learn what it means to be a real Incubus… but he devours a lot of candy instead.
4. The awful amount of candy he eats results into him having rainbow colored hair and fur. Not that he mind, he likes the pretty colors and has choosen to wear clothes according to them.
5. He’s a tiny bit in love with Raphael. Sadly the fallen angel isn’t interested in him at all, but he still follow him everywhere he goes.
6. It took me 6 years to figure out what kind of doll he will be, he had different characters to fit in before since I got him in December 2008. In Summer 2012 I finally found the character Psyche for him and I couldn’t be happier.
7. I made him before I had an idea that fairy kei existed. I always said he is rainbow themed but somehow he easily fits into the fairy kei style.
8. He is a hybrid all over. His head is from Doll in Mind, his body from Luts and he wears Soom Thera hooves.
9. I hope to be able to take a “fashion style” photo with my Fairy Kei/Mori/Pastel Goth themed dolls as soon as they are finished >w<
Hiena is the Kindling of Hyarakiendragon Emeraldsea. One of the oldest living Kindling who is still on the land. Unlike many other Kindling’s “short term” purposes, Hiena’s was to corrupt land beings from their core. And that takes time.
I didn’t mean to forget about you Philip!!!! It’s just that the girls at home are soooo eye-catching!!!! ((no that’s not an excuse =___= )) I do wish I can save enough money and get your one of the Persian outfits from Luts ‘cause I know you’ll love those outfits >:D