i know that draco was awful but imo no one was worse than ron. he treated hermione like shit for half of HBP, all because she dared kiss another boy in 4th year. that shit killed any sympathy I had for him. also straight up abandoning Harry and Hermione in Deathly Hallows. sure, he was emotional and sure, he came back...but THAT was not nice.
NO. Do you understand me? N.O.
I’m going to be as clear as possible here - I love Draco Malfoy to death. He’s my favorite character ever and I will defend him tooth and nail. HOWEVER. there is absolutely no way that you can say that Ron was worse than Draco was to Hermione and Harry. Just the idea is completely ludicrious. Draco was a complete and utter shit to the entire golden trio during pretty much the entire time at Hogwarts. and while that doesn’t make him irredeemable, that fact can’t just be glossed over.
and okay, even though Ron had some weak moments that showed realistic flaws in his character, he was a terrific and loyal friend to both Harry and Hermione. you really aren’t cutting this boy any slack here i mean let me just start to list what he’s done for those two
1. He is one of the first people who likes Harry as a person rather than just as a famous person
2. Helps save Hermione from the troll even after their rocky start of a friendship
3. Sacrificed himself as a chess piece so Harry could go ahead and save the Stone
4. Continuously defends both Harry and Hermione from Snape and one Draco Malfoy
5. Even when he was mad at Harry for a while in Goblet of Fire , Ron still made sure that Harry got the message about the first task
6. Let Harry practically join his family with open arms and took him out of the Dursleys house to go to the world cup together
7. His boggart is a spider, and he willingly accompanies Harry to see Aragog featuring hundreds of fucking spiders
8. In Prisoner of Azkaban Ron stares up defiantly from his mangled, broken leg and tells Sirius Black (who he thinks is a murderer at the time) that if he wants Harry, he’ll have to get through his friends first
9. When they are captured he screams at Bellatrix to harm him and let Hermione go
10. He put his life and his families life in danger to follow Harry and Hermione on the horcrux hunt
11. Ron is what binds Harry and Hermione together and he brings out the best in both of them.
(also one of the reasons that Ron left was because he was under the influence of the horcrux which fed off of his insecurities which were both very human and very realistic and not many of us could say we wouldn’t have felt the same. Yeah it was bad of him to leave, but try to be a little understanding of the amount of stress he was going through. AND he came right back and owned up to his mistakes because thats who he was)
tbh i love Ron Weasley and would kill to have a best friend like him