So my city had a music festival this weekend and I just found out 2 people died and 57 were taken to the hospital. Now I use to use drugs and I do not anymore but I have a few pointers because I feel like the bigger drugs become and the new drugs we are creating where young teenagers are getting their hands on them and don’t know how to use them properly. Everyone wants to talk about not to use drugs but, no one wants to talk about how to safely use them if they choose to:
• DRINK WATER. DRINK TONS OF WATER. Have a bottle of water on you or accessible to you at all times! THIS IS IMPORTANT because you will get hospitalized and can die from dehydration. My friend smoked so much weed once and because she didn’t drink water she was rushed to the hospital from being dehydrated. And that’s only marijuana. Especially important if you’re at a festival.
• don’t mix drugs. Even weed and alcohol together just causes the spins. “Candy-flipping” sounds fun but it also sounds very disorienting which could lead to a bad time.
•don’t try to keep up with others, take things at your own pace. I promise you know your body more than anyone else and if they pressure you into taking more when you feel at your peak, tell them to fuck off. Because over dosing doesn’t sound fun and it can also lead you into a bad trip
•do it with people you trust and know very well for all of your first times. First of all, if anything goes wrong there is someone there to take care of you. Second, you trust where you’re getting it from. Third, can save you from terrible situations like rape or being robbed
• have a good playlist if you’re at home but if it’s acid don’t plan it because your music will base off your mood and if it’s Molly, you won’t stick to one song anyways
• trust me on this one and don’t shoot anything up
• if you feel yourself starting to think about whatever drug you’re doing too much, stop doing it. Addiction isn’t fun and someone out there cares about you and doesn’t want to see you go through that. (Except for weed but make sure you’re not lazy about it, you can be a productive stoner)
music festival health happiness and safety tips pt.2 specific drug use
these are very important tips about music festivals, health, safety, and drug use. If you don’t participate in those, that’s fine! But please know that some of your followers may be a person who is doing these things or is thinking about them, so it’s good to pass around.
Music Festival Tips
Specific drugs and what you can usually expect from an average amount of them
- Gram v ounce, a gram is smaller and generally used to measure a powder or rock substance, an ounce is generally used to measure bigger drugs like shrooms or weed.
- Easily the most common drug, weed mellows you out, makes your body feel heavier, and can help you sleep. Beginners start usually at an ounce each, 10$ equivalent.
-What can you mix it with?
Anything, if you’re feeling too up and you need to calm down smoking some weed is a good way to do that, weed is one of the safest drugs you can take.
-When should you NOT smoke?
If you are in the middle of a high on something else and are worried you will pass out, not fall asleep, pass out.
If you feel sick to your stomach
- most people are drinking at these events, if they can get alcohol they are drinking it. That does NOT mean you have to though, alcohol will blur your state of mind, make you happier, and get your body moving. As you start to lose the drunk you will get blurrier, irritated, and sleepy.
- what can you mix it with?
Juice, or Gatorade is great for in the drink, but as you consume more alcohol your ability to taste it will go away, be conscious of how you feel.
alcohol is pretty safe to mix drugs with as long as you are not in blackout, but I strongly advise only mixing drugs you have personally done, and earlier that night doesn’t count.
- when should you NOT drink
When you’re extremely high on a stimulant (adderall, cocaine, molly (mdma) are some common examples)
If you thought about vomiting in the last half hour
If you do not know what is in the cup
If you are going to sleep within the hour.
All the energy. All the energy at once. This high is very short, most people for their first time will do about .25 grams ~20$. You must crush it to a powder, never do coke that you did not witness be crushed or a trusted friend saw crushed, and snort it. Cocaine is a quick party drug that will pick you up for half an hour and then dump you on your ass.
-what can you mix it with
Alcohol and weed are both depressants, so if you think you need to chill out a bit do that. If not, I leave coke alone because it’s so short.
- when you should NOT do cocaine
If you are already way way up.
If you feel unsafe in any way
If you have never done it before and someone offers it to you, they are trying to help you vibe the way they are. You need to be doing your thing far away from them.
4. Molly or MDMA (pure E/ecstasy)
You need to test this. Undoubtably. there are many many drugs that give the same immediate effects as Molly but will fuck you over. Methylone is the only thing I would safely take that didn’t test as molly because it is so incredibly similar that you barely notice. Molly is definitely going to make you dancey, or at least want to go get up and doing something. You are going to touch people because you will want to feel them. Not all people are going to want to be touched, try to eyeball someone around you that you can clearly tell is on your level, dance over to them and jam. Everything will feel incredible, people like to do the sex during molly, make sure you check in with your sober self during that to make sure that’s something you are 100% okay with. The usual dosage for Molly is .25g which is about 20$.
- what can you mix molly with
Alcohol and that’s really it, anything else and you’ll have a great time but you will regret that great time about two hours later. Weed is also available to chill you out.
- when should you NEVER do molly
Past 1am, if you are considering taking Molly at 1am just wait. Wait about half an hour for that urge to pass because you will be feeling so good for the rest of the night just on what you’re on.
If it’s not tested.
If you have felt out of control in the past two hours
If you have severe anxiety
Acid, shrooms, adderall to come next in part 3.
Please add on your information and experiences so we can keep all of the total party people and future people safe and happy
A Valentine's post on what we learned about love on our date with Lucy
Relationships have ebbs and flows. There are high points, and there are low points, and being able to ride through the lows to get to the highs is what makes a relationship stronger.
Lover and I (as well as countless other lovers before us) believe in the natural medicines put here on the planet, psychedelics being one of them, that have the power to transform your life from inside out. We had recently felt a block between us due to various reasons-typically we know what the other is thinking and are clearly in sync and flowing together, but for some reason we just weren’t. We recently got settled in our new home and being stoner chick travels for work, we haven’t had enough genuine just “us time”. We found Lucy and had a date night, and are back and better than ever.
While we will revisit proper use of psychedelics in a later post, I feel it is pertinent to share what our realizations were on our date and how important these lessons we learned are in maintaining the flow and synchronicity.
I first noticed Lucy coming on strong while I laid in lovers lap, looking up at his chest. He didn’t have a shirt on, and I watched his light chest hair dance. I felt up his body and made him turn over on his stomach, to rub his back. His skin was (and is) so beautiful, soft, and smooth covering strong, hard muscle. I also realized, I can’t remember the last time I gave him a massage and the last time I really looked at him, all of him.
We spent six hours of our trip on our couch, just massaging each other and staring into each other’s eyes, proclaiming our love vocally, physically, and spiritually.
We had noticed when we first moved in together (we had a shitty one bedroom for a month while our landlord fixed up our current home, an adorable loft) that each night before bed, we would sit on our couch and just look into each other’s eyes, going on about what we love about each other. Because this was a temporary living situation, we didn’t have internet so no Netflix or other distractions, just each other. In this weeks preceding our lacking synchronicity, we hadn’t spent as much time doing that, just taking time to be present together and wrapped up in our love.
This Valentine’s Day, we encourage the following:
1. FUCK YO CELL PHONE. This is more stoner girl’s problem as I have a lot of work on my phone, but turning it off or chucking it across the room to hide for some good old fashioned quality time is prime.
2. BLUNTS AND BUBBLE BATHS! Roll up a blunt or doobie, charge the laptop, turn on a space heater, get some Epsom salts and bubble bath, candles and incense, get in the tub, spark it up, and sink into your lover for an hour. Blunts and bubble baths are a weekly affair in our home, and we take our time to relax and soak. Baths also have health benefits, helping you detox and recharge, not to mention relax! Wash each other with some big fluffy bubbly soap. Best position in our opinion is one partner behind, resting back against tub and smaller partner resting their head on that persons chest. Partner behind can roll up a towel as a pillow.
3. MASSAGE. It doesn’t have to be sexual, but it can be. Just love your partner with every touch, and switch. Lotion or massage oil aids the process and leaves you feeling and smelling amazing-we like bath and body works aromatherapy line but even a little olive oil (with or without essential oil for good smells) will do the trick.
4. EYE CONTACT. Five minutes. Set a timer, and put your phone down. You may not be able to find them as easily if your partner is stoned, but they’re there. Just look deeply into them.
5. TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM. Say it. Say it over and over and over again and list all of the reasons why. Show when you appreciate what they’re doing, because there’s a lot your partner does for you. He hates Walmart with a burning passion, but the only other 24 hour store near us don’t have dairy free creamer. He doesn’t even LIKE creamer that much. But he still goes to Walmart. Thank you.
Bonus tip: make your asses a fight box. Ours has tabs, pictures, cards, stockings from our first Christmas together, some Buddha and other miscellaneous us stuff. We each keep journals as well, and we write about each other after significant or special days. When either of us is feeling down we have free range to read (unless it’s marked don’t read or in a different ink) and smile.