This easy to make and refreshing tea has tons of health benefits and medicinal uses!
Here are the ten main ones -
1. Green tea is loaded with bioactive compounds that can have various beneficial effects on health. It is full of antioxidants, more than even blackcurrant juice, this helps your body to destroy toxins and keep infections at bay. The toxins that Green tea keeps from forming are attributed to aging and many diseases such as even cancer.
2. Green tea contains less caffeine than coffee, but enough to produce an effect. It also contains the amino acid L-theanine, which can work synergistically with caffeine to improve brain function. With this, it also aids in keeping dementia from occurring and helps with those who struggle from severe mental fatigue especially when linked to depression.
3. It increases your metabolic rate. This aids in weight loss through increased fat burning, and overall body efficiency.
4. Drinking green tea as regularly as one cup a day can reduce your risk of various types of cancer significantly. In particular, breast, colorectal and prostate cancers are kept at bay by the antioxidants in the tea. Some studies showing a risk reduction of up to 55% !
5. The bioactive compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on neurons and may reduce the risk of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, the two most common neurodegenerative disorders.
6. Green tea can kill bacteria which leads to less bad breath and less infections.
7. Green tea significantly aids in the managing of type 2 diabetes. Studies show that green tea can lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity. In a Japanese study they found that drinking green tea regularly can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by as much as 42%.
8. Green tea has been shown to lower total and LDL cholesterol, as well as protect the LDL particles from oxidation. Observational studies show that green tea drinkers have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
9. Green tea can reduce abdominal fat.
10. It will reduce your risk of dying to many chronic diseases. Reduce the speed of aging. Aid in weight loss and help you have a healthier & happier life.