5 Tips To Clear Skin
As we go through puberty, sadly, every single one of us has to or has had to deal with the odd pimple, they can come at the most unexpected and worst time and unfortunately they can be quite noticeable and painful. These are a few tips to help reduce pimples and to keep your skin healthy and glowing:
Tip #1 Maintain whole body hydration.
The human body is 70% water- we need to maintain our hydration to ensure our body functions the way it should; this is how our cells remain nourished, our organs work properly and our bodily tissues (SKIN) keep moist and smooth.
- You should aim to drink 1.5- 2L of water everyday
- You can flavour your water with lemon, lime or mint to make your water extra tasty
Tip #2 Eat a healthy and clean diet.
It’s true.. we are what we eat.
- Eat well-balanced nutritious food
- Organic food especially gives the skin what nature intended for us
- Choose low Glycemic Index (GI) foods!! Try and avoid carbs :(
- Your skin loves essential fats- Omega 3,6,9 and antioxidants
Super foods packed with antioxidants:
- Carrots/sweet potato
- Nuts and seeds
- Green tea
Tip #3 Stress less.
- Cortisol levels rise (body’s stress hormone)
- Oil production increases- can lead to oily skin, acne and other skin problems
- Allow time for adequate sleep and relaxation
- Exercise as much as possible (even just a 20 minute walk)
Tip #4 Maintain good basic skin care
Basic three step process:
- Cleanse- Cleans the skin
- Tone- Hydrates the skin
- Moisturise- Protects the skin
Other important steps:
- Exfoliation- Scrubs/peels removes dead skin and helps the renewal process
- Eye cream and eye masks
- Serums/medication for targeted concerns
Tip #5 Ensure your skin is always clean.
- Wear minimal make up and insure you take it all off before you sleep (facial wipes are easy and quick)
- Keep your skin always clean; away from dirt and germs. For this keep your hands off your face and ensure your pillow cover is spick and span.
All these tips are essential and fast effecting ways to get your skin to recover and glow!!!