Homemade Riced Cauliflower (12 cal per ½ cup)
I decided to try my hand at making my own riced cauliflower since I had a bunch at home, and it turned out so delicious I’m proud of myself!! I used part of my cauliflower head for my mashed cauliflower recipe, so this one yielded about 1 ½ cups. Green giant sells frozen riced cauliflower (which is so delicious), so if you do not have time to make your own, that is always an option. Theirs is only 10 calories per ½ cup and it contains slightly more protein, vitamin c, calcium and iron, but there is more sodium, and carbs to theirs. In general the differences are minimal.
- 1 cauliflower head
- Separate cauliflower florets and chop off the stems
- Place in blender or food processor and pulse/chop until you get a grainy, rice consistency
- Transfer to pan to fry (I used a minimal amount of coconut oil, but you can use other kinds or butter)
- Fry, stirring frequently, until soft and some of the cauliflower browns
- Add optional seasoning (I prefer turmeric and a bit of sea salt)
- Serve and enjoy!
Total Fat: .25g
Sat Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 2.56g
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 40%