Okay. I’m going to keep this short and sweet (potato). All this recipe requires is cutting, stacking, skewing, baking, and freakin’ EATING. Get ready for this.
-Sweet Potatoes (the thicker, the better)
-Spinach -Basil -Tomato -Onion -Tofu
-Shredded or block cheese, sliced (your option)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut sweet potatoes a half inch thick, so that you end up with round pieces as the “bread” for the sliders. You will need an even amount so that each slider has a top and bottom.
3. Begin stacking the ingredients above (or WHATEVER you want) on top of the bottom sweet potato slice. I did sweet potato, cheese, spinach, tomato, basil, onion, tofu, more cheese, and then sweet potato.
4. Puncture these furious looking sliders with a wooden skewer.
5. Place them on a baking sheet, and throw them into the oven for 30 minutes, or until the sweet potato on top is baked through. (use a toothpick to test this)
6. You better share these with all your friends. You better.
I hope you guys enjoy these EPIC sliders. Really easy, low-calorie, vegetarian, and ultra fun.
Check out my instagram “corn_onthebob“ for sweet recipes and awesomeness.
I sauteed them for about 10 minutes to make them soft & hot, but I like them a bit al dente. Just cook it to your liking.
In a food processor (or you could maybe use an immersion blender) throw the avocados, the lemon juice, the basil, the garlic, 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, some salt and pepper, the almond milk and blend till really smooth. I heated it up in the microwave for a minute to make it warm.
Top the zucchini noodles with the sauce & roasted tomatoes! Sprinkle with the extra red pepper flakes, some extra salt and pepper (and maybe a bit of parmesan!)