Maaaak, do you like shoujo? ♥ (I think you mentioned it to me once, but I'm not sure) if you do, what are your favorite anime/mangas?
LONG POST AHEAD!
I do like shoujo :3c ♥ ♥ ♥ i’ve loved shoujo ever since Cardcaptor Sakura ~ (that was one of my fave childhood animes
here’s a list of my favorite ones (so far, in no particular order):
1. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster the theme song is sooooooo catchy and adorable and so rainbow-y! there’s a maka look alike! (she’s in my header btw), and haru is just the sweetest dorkiest anime character. i have a soma au for this. and there is a love triangle. i need a season 2. i am dying. save me. this has been one of my favorite shoujo animes for a long time ♥
2. Kyoukai no Kanata / Beyond the Boundary it’s kind of not a typical shoujo, because it has a lot of action in it- but the art & animation style is just #artgoals and #gorgeous and the characters are so lovable i could scream. also i have not watched the movies yet but i would so love to watch them soon
3. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji / Wolf Girl and Black Prince i honestly would recommend the manga (since it’s better than the anime), but i love the ending song???? it’s so catchy and i will make a soma animation for it one day. this was honestly the inspiration for my mak persona! i only recommend it if you read a bit of the manga and want to see it animated
4. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso / Your Lie in April if you’ve seen tumblr posts and gifs about this and know a thing or two about the story, then you know why this is my fave. the art and animation style is AHMAZING, the story is sooooo good??? (feels though im warning you) the ending could have been a little bit slower? but it still wraps up the anime very well, it gives all the characters closure. (did i mention the characters are all lovable too??). also i want to animate the theme song for soma au not gonna lie
5. Akagami no Shirayukihime / Snow White with the Red Hair the ones who produced this was the same animation studio that handled Soul Eater!! (studio bones)!! girl power tbh shirayuki (the red haired girl) is such an independent girl
i love her. also there’s a white haired boy who i think you’ll love cuz he is already one of my cinnamon rolls. freaking potential SoMa au i tell u (there are 2 seasons but i wish for another one) (also i love shirazenobi) (casually tags @l0chn3ss)
6. Nisekoi / False Love soul’s VA is the same as the male main character’s VA. nuff said. no but seriously i love every single character here. it’s the only harem i would dare to watch. it’s so funny and light-hearted and the plot will keep having twists. it’s really fun to watch. @l0chn3ss, @flamedork and i made a SoMa au for it last soma week :D the anime ending had something missing to it, but i believe you’ll still enjoy it nonetheless
7. Nagi no Asukara / A Lull in the Sea OKAY I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TBH out of all of the shoujo animes i listed as my fave, this one takes the cake. i actually did not expect any of the twists, and the story goes really deep. the ending could have gone better tbh (im so salty about how it ended too quickly), but the characters and how everyone interacts, it just makes you keep wanting to watch it D: (plus! the art style is adorable im crying about it. the animation of the waves and the sea– and the opening and ending themes are soooo cool
8. Cardcaptor Sakura oldie but goodie! there’s also a reboot coming up (or a sequel i think? based on the new Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Cards manga- which is so amazing for people who love nostalgic shows) idk if i can say any more about it, but it’s a magical girl story! and i love every single character. syaoran is my blushy-blush child.
9. Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru / This Art Club Has a Problem! this was one of the most recent i’ve watched and it’s totally not like all the others. mainly because… it’s just so random? it’s a school anime about an art club and i just love the characters and the randomness of it all. i totally ship these two who are just so cute together but the guy is too dense. eurghhh (this anime has a manga but i havent read it so i cant say much about it)
10. Tamako Market this is one of the cutest shoujo i’ve ever seen. oh my gosh- you will love tamako. for sure. also! the animation is so fluid and adorable! the opening will make u puke rainbows bc of the cuteness, and the ending is so aesthetic, every scene would be worthy for a gifset. the story is different for a school type anime (it’s more centered on the marketplace tamako lives in) and it revolves around all the characters and their development and relationship to tamako :3
11. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (i’ve memorized this anime title) / We Still Don’t Know the Name of the Flower We Saw that Day (or in shorter terms: AnoHana) this anime is definitely one of the best ones. it will make you cry. produced by A-1 pictures, the same ones who animated this prized piece. you will definitely cry. it’s best if you watch for yourself if you havent watched it yet ;w; p.s. i love menma so much hrhrrrr
1. Hirunaka no Ryuusei / Daytime Shooting Star the art style of this manga is my aesthetic tbh. the characters and the love triangle is my fave part– for me, ending could have been less rushed tho (i will fight for mamura) (just a warning, there’s a teacher-student thing going on)
JUST LOOK AT THE ART STYLE DAMN
2. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster yeah this has a manga too! i love the characters and the love triangle too (you can see i have a type), and the art style is so lit, you’re gonna love it. i don’t remember if i loved the ending, but yeah it’s completed as well
3. Taiyou no Ie / House of the Sun i don’t remember much of the story anymore (since it was such a long time ago since i last read it), but the art style is so cute it will give u cavities. it’s kind of weird since the couple may seem like siblings, but eh, they’re just really close childhood friends. if you like domestic fluff, you will love this.
4. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji / Wolf Girl and Black Prince i basically love the character development. the art style also gets better over time and the story so far is going through so many twists. i have not caught up too much so pls no spoilers :“)
5. Akagami no Shirayukihime / Snow White with the Red Hair yeah this has a manga too! right now the manga is still ongoing so it’s not too late to catch up :”) i also need to catch up though hehe
6. Nisekoi / False Love it also has a manga!! if the anime is super good, then the manga is so much better. it handles so much character development and i seriously got addicted to it the more i kept reading. unfortunately it’s finished (i wanted to see more heh), but the ending is kept with good closure for each character (for a harem, that’s a blessing), but it also depends on who you’re betting on for raku ;w;
(not sure if i should add this but i want to talk about it :>)
1. Kimi No Na Wa / Your Name have i talked about this enough? no? well im gonna talk about it anyway
it’s so amazing. i literally screamed all throughout (well maybe not really). the animation. the voice acting. the characters. the designs. the music. the aesthetic. the story. THE STORY AGH you will cry. or at least be moved.
2. Koe no Katachi / A Silent Voice this movie gave me a great hype tbh. even though the ending could have been a bit more thought out (as you can see i have such a high standards for endings), the story and the feels totally made up for it. it deals with a more serious topic than Kimi No Na Wa but it’s worth the watch esp if you like crying good animation and friendship-type shoujos (but u will have feels. i promise).
“we never see you anymore, big bro.” isabel blurts out. she’s sitting on the ramparts of the roof saddle style, leg swinging freely in open air.
“i have more responsibilities now.”
“sure.” furlan snorts, sitting to isabel’s side on the floor of the roof, a knife’s blade polishing between his fingers.
“fuck you, furlan.” levi spits, kicks up gravel that sprays into his lap.
“you’re always around the commander.” isabel chimes, sing songs it like a taunt, and it flairs levi to anger.
“like a dog.” furlan adds.
“like a little angry dog.” isabel giggles. levi squints his eyes, smacks furlan generously upside the head, and points a finger directly at isabel’s nose. furlan groans and rubs his head, and the two of them whimper. turning heel, he stomps away toward the door. “aw! come on, levi! we’re just messin’ with ya!”
“let ‘im go, bel. he’s got some shoes to polish.”
levi stops mid-step, twitches his head to the side and looks over his shoulder. “if it wasn’t for erwin, none of us would be alive right now.”
“you say that…”
levi turns, shoulders up to his ears. isabel and furlan are his family, the only two people in the whole world that can see and understand him… though a third is quickly coming to bloom. “you know damn well it’s true. stop being an asshole about it.”
“it’s because we avoided the rain storm–”
“it’s because we had him.” levi nearly shouts, but his voice is so smooth it strikes like a slick venom. “get your fuckin’ head outta your ass and realize that.”
“he tricked us.”
“not before we did first.”
“as if he ever was to begin with…”
the same fight as always. the strain between furlan and levi could only be distinguished as jealousy, and levi doesn’t care to understand why. they are his to protect and care for, and the best way he can do that is to follow erwin. what furlan’s deal is doesn’t fucking matter to him, as long as he’s still breathing to even have a problem at all. “he saved us then too.”
“he doesn’t give a shit about us. he gives a shit about you.” furlan says softly.
the first bnm boys content we’ve gotten since forever ;-; feels so long since ive seen these 4 boys together i super miss youngmin and donghyun sigh DO WATCH YOUNGMIN’S VLIVE TOMMOROW AT 6PM KST IF YA’LL HAVE GOT THE TIME GUYS!! let’s give him many hearts so i can see my paca all cute and smiley 💪🏼
also look at donghyun and woojin wearing matching shirts i love them so much kakjcndn
He barely knows where in the city they are, aside from in a park. They’d caught a bus early in the morning, had breakfast with Dalish’s family, but he hadn’t paid much attention to their surroundings, too nervous too focus on anything much besides himself. Even when they’d reached the parade route, even when they’d been engulfed by the crowd, he still had trouble believing this could actually be happening.
Sera had grown up with this, had always known about Pride– the event, the concept, the emotion– and Dorian feels he might understand her a little better now that he finally stands in the center of it.
Pride– now that he’s there, there with other people like him, people who are proud to be like him– is overwhelming in the best ways. He knows he’s being quiet, uncharacteristically so, because Bull and Sera and even Krem keep asking him if he wants water or if he wants to go find somewhere to sit down.
But he doesn’t. He wants to be in the middle of everything, he wants to be engulfed by the noise and the movement, to be surrounded by all these people. He’s never felt so much a part of something. He holds onto Bull’s hand tightly, like he might float away if he doesn’t, caught up in the current of people and his own buoyant heart.
Bull smiles at him, and Dorian smiles back. He holds Bull’s hand in the middle of the day, surrounded by people, and he isn’t afraid. He feels like he belongs.
He feels like– like he knows the people across the street, who are moving through the crowd slowly, like they’re looking for someone.
Livia sees him first. She grabs Gereon’s arm and they all stare at each other between the waving flags and shouting people. It’s like a pocket of silence has opened around Dorian, and he takes a step forward. Livia has her cane, he sees, but it doesn’t look like her cane, because it’s wrapped in rainbow colors and has streamers dangling from the end.
Dorian stops in front of them, his heart in his throat. How they got here, he asks. When did they get here, how did they know he’d be here?
His words stumble over each other. He keeps noticing new things. Gereon is wearing a shirt that declares him the Proud Dad of a Gay Son– he must have bought it today– Livia is hugging him, and the feeling is so familiar it aches– he never let go of Bull’s hand– Felix looks healthy, and very smug– they’re here.
He looks at Bull, whose expression is studiously innocent, and Sera, who’s grinning manically, and then at Felix, who just smiles and wraps an arm around his shoulders, like he’s done a thousand times before.
Just as a disclaimer since I realize this has actually become kind of relevant for me lately;
I’m probably going to cut down on the Morality Debate™ threads. As much as I love interacting with people, and while I’m always up for debates, it gets kind of old to repeatedly write Sendak Versus Alien ( Probably A Human ) Verbal Debate featuring whatever topic, death, slavery, what-have-you because I already know pretty much the entire thread before it is even close to being finished.
I already know how it’s going to go. Sendak is going to hold to his morally terrible opinion and the other character is going to hold to theirs and call him wrong and blah blah you’re a terrible person Galra are evil et cetera et cetera yadda yadda. All in all, the characters end up disagreeing because of course they do. If the thread has a plot beyond just that… then sure, but if the entire purpose is just to argue, I’m not going to bother with it. I know other people don’t have threads along those lines often, but I do a lot. It’s pretty much every other thread I have with not-Galra characters.
I really want to write with people, but I also don’t want my writing to just scream “I am bored,” and / or “I’ve done this plot a hundred thousand times already.”
orz I’m very very sorry but it’s gotten about as common for me now as how common the “imprisonment” plot was in the first few months I started my blog.