- Take a sip for every time someone misspells “Worbla.” Take two if the misspelling is something really out there you haven’t seen before
- Take a sip every time someone suggests using “EVA foam” instead of “craft foam” or vice versa when they clearly don’t know that craft foam is made of EVA foam (acknowledging that they’re the same thing but that “craft foam” is thinner and less dense than something like floor mats doesn’t count here – they have to be acting as if they are two totally different materials).
- Take a sip for every time a post doesn’t have reference pictures. Make your drinks as weak as possible to prevent alcohol poisoning.
- Take a gulp for every “helper” who recommends something that the OP says they can’t or aren’t going to do, or otherwise where the post clearly wasn’t read carefully (or at all).
- Take a sip for every post that is vague about what they want, or that asks something very general (”how do I make this entire costume?”)
- Take a sip for every time fabric names are vague/people don’t know the difference between fiber and finish (”use polyester or satin for that” or “I’d use rayon” type posts) and every time a body paint brand is used to stand in for a particular product or type of paint (”where do I start with body painting?” “Ben Nye is good”)
- Take a sip for every post where no research was done whatsoever. Two if it is a very basic, googleable question with lots of information on the subject. Three if it is especially vague.
- Take a long, hard drink for any of the following: “I want to make [insert very complicated, master’s level cosplay here] but have never made anything before, where do I start?”; “Where can I buy [basic piece that is easy to find, like plain high heeled shoes or a dress shirt]?”; “I want to cosplay but have no idea who I look like!” (take two if there is no information about what types of series the person is into, what types of costumes they want to do [sewing, armor, character type preferences, etc.], or what their skill level is); “What contacts should I use for this character?” (questions about what a specific pair looks like worn doesn’t count – it has to be a vague “I need blue contacts” kind of a question); “I want to make/buy [insert difficult and expensive costume here] and my budget is [unreasonably low amount]” (take two if they’re looking for a commission, three if they have actually contacted you directly for a commission)
- Take a gulp for every bad piece of advice given. Take two if it is especially atrocious. Take three if the advice is actually dangerous, but only after correcting the person and explaining why it is dangerous.
- Take a small sip for every “helper” who is just repeating what everyone else in the thread has already said. Tiny sips. You may be here a while.
- Finish your drink for every poster who is weirdly combative about taking any sort of advice whatsoever. Go make another drink and take a long, hard drink if they were also extremely vague about what their limitations are. Take another if they do this consistently across all of their posts.
Alright so I was wanting to do this a couple months ago honestly? I simply haven’t had the time to really do this so now that I do I’m going for it! I was going to do this originally back in November when I hit my two year mark and things kinda got in the way and in December as well I hit a big milestone. I don’t really have a lot to offer as a thanks simply because I’m not completely confident in my abilities to do some kind of give away, so, I figured a thank you list would work best. I didn’t really want to call it a bias or a follow forever because this honestly is more just of a thank you kind of thing.
So as I said this is a thank you post like honestly I know I take many breaks from Link life gets in the way, motivation drains, but somehow I always come back to him and to all of you. You guys have made rping Link very enjoyable and really without you guys I wouldn’t even be rping I mean rather we talk ooc or have plots or threads or what have you. It’s been such a great experience and I love that I know even if I’m gone for days, weeks, or even months I can still come back here and most of you guys will still be here. It’s just a nice little comfort honestly. And just the fact I’ve had Link for over two years is very impressive for me. Usually plots get too repetitive or I lose motivation or something along those lines and while that has happen to Link on occasion it’s never been enough for me to be able to put him down completely. I love rping Link, I love exploring every inch of his story. And really that’s what rping should be about the fun of forming these stories and the love you have for the character! So thank you all for just making me feel comfortable enough to stay around and just the general encouragement I do get rather it’s seeing you guys on the dash, liking my posts, or even just general chatter. Hopefully I didn’t ramble too much below I’m placing a shout out to a few people. It did get a bit long so I figured a read more would be best suited for this.
Hi there, Soul Contract fandom! I’ve been lurking around here for a while and I’ve seen such great energy and passion, so I wanted to contribute to this tiny but lovely fandom myself by offering a translation of the in-character Q&A section from the fan event! I don’t think I’ve seen this particular section of the event get translated, so I figured I’d try my best at it. (As for the other parts of the event, spideronthewindow did a spectacular job subbing them previously – thank you so much!)
The Q&A video is here if you’d like to follow along; translation is under the cut!