1) The fact that he took time out his busy day to actually write thoughtful short notes that he knew was going to make Lara Jean smile. Boys nowadays will just send you a text or won’t even bother.
2) He took Lara Jean to a party and made her feel pretty and good about herself. BONUS: He knew he was driving them both home so he was responsible enough to drink a nonalcoholic beverage. And he probably knew that Lara Jean doesn’t usually drink so he chose to stay sober to look after her just in case. Boys nowadays will get drunk, and just tell you to get an Uber and they certainly won’t make time for you because they’ll be too busy playing beer pong with their guy friends.
3) Once he saw that Lara Jean was upset, he acted right away anddefended her on the spot in front of the whole school. Boys nowadays don’t have the balls. They’ll tell you to just ignore it, and that it’ll eventually go away.
4) He formed a really close bond with her younger sister, Kitty. He stayed home and watched movies with them when he could’ve been out partying with his friends. Boys nowadays won’t even give your siblings a second glance.
5) He went out of his way so that he could pick them up in the mornings and give them a ride to school. Boys nowadays would rather sleep an extra 5 minutes than waste their gas to drive you to school every morning.
6) He drove all the way across town to get her FAVORITE drink. He packed snacks, and prepared a bunch of stuff all because he wanted her to sit next to him on the bus. Boys nowadays will tell you to pack all his favorite snacks.
7) When he received the letter, instead of being weirded out and attacking Lara Jean for writing it, he tried letting her down gently and in the nicest way possible. Boys nowadays would’ve shown that letter to all his friends so they all had something to laugh about.
Peter Kavinsky didn’t raise the bar for boys just because he’s cute. He raised the bar put the bar back where it’s supposed to be because unlike boys nowadays, he’s thoughtful and sweet and genuinelykind and actually goes out of his way to show you he cares about you.
everybody screws up. that’s what happens. it’s what you do with the screw-ups, it’s how you handle the experience - that’s what you should judge yourself by. i have a great life and an amazing kid. and i took a detour, i ended up some place good.
“Strangely, what studies you’ve been able to find that talk about penetrating the Krynn dynasty’s intense boundaries-… I fuckin looked at you immediately Laura, ‘cause I knew where it was going. … We missed you.”
the fact that hoseok is the kind of person who kisses his friends on their heads when he sees them sleeping makes me so soft for him because he loves the people around him so much we have decided to stan forever
I’ve never gotten a love letter before. But reading these notes like this, one after the other, it feels like I have. It’s like … it’s like there’s only ever been Peter. Like everyone else that came before him, they were all to prepare me for this.