OMG MEL the album is so good I wanna cry Lee taemin did THAT
This album isn’t just good…it’s not even just great or amazing or groundbreaking….I feel very strongly when I say that this album is quite literally one of the best albums that will come out of this century [period] Not the best kpop album, or the best solo album or even the best Taemin album. With this album….’good’ doesn’t cut it. None of the adjectives in any language would be able to accurately describe this album down to its last beat.
Listening to MOVE, I experienced feelings that I never knew possible while listening to an album. It was like having not just an out of body experience, but an out of this universe experience. I quite literally ascended to heaven, descended to hell, and then rose back on Earth multiple times while listening. I’m taking a break now, but I’m sure if i went back to listen to the album, i’d have the exact same feeling with the exact same intensity.
Taemin didn’t just do that. He did it, and then he made sure that no one else would ever be able to do the same. This is something so uniquely Taemin, so complex with so many levels and twists and turns that it cannot be repeated.
Taemin created something. He gave us a gift. And the world of music will never be the same.
1. What’s your favorite story idea you’ve ever had? Poly Pirate Adventure. In which my most flirtatious (and unlike me) character gets washed out to sea, picked up by privateers, and tries to get two people together but ends up being sucked into the relationship, too. Among so many other complications, because it wouldn’t be my writing without thirty subplots.
2. Which character loves soap operas? Kellan. Hands down. Reysia would enjoy them as well. So would Ysandren, he’s quite dramatic. It makes me want to write a crack scene of them all in one room together watching their favorite soap.
3. How many major characters have you killed off? Zero. I’m not a character death type of writer. I write tend to write characters who have already had enough bad shit happen to them, I like my stories to be more hopeful.
4. What’s your ideal setting for writing? Comfortable. Cup of tea next to me. Right now it’s sunny, but chilly outside and the leaves are completely orange and yellow on the trees in our backyard so I’ve been sitting at the kitchen table so I can watch the leaves fall while I write. Usually I’m in my bedroom so no one will bother me.
5. Pen and paper or computer? Computer. I like to start new ideas on paper, especially if they’re just character ideas or ideas for scenes that aren’t fully formed yet, but once I’m writing, I need a computer. I almost type fast enough to keep up with my own brain.
6. Pick a character. What’s one cute quirk people would love about them? Drys is romantic to the point of being in danger of being gushy. He dotes on Dreya and feels a need to constantly make her feel special.
7. With the same character, what’s a trait that people might not like about them? Drys is the type of person who walks in a room and asserts command, no matter where he is. It comes with the territory of being a military commander and a High Lord.
8. Do you have a set goal for words to write per day or do you write as the feeling strikes you? I write five days a week, only giving myself two days off, just like work, except I usually take my off days on days that I am working my day job. I usually set a “small” goal and a “big” goal everyday. On days that I come home from work to write, my small goal is 2k words and my big goal is 3k. On my days off from work when I’m writing, my small goal is 3k and my big goal is 5k. Basically, if I’m really not feeling it when I sit down to write, I make myself at least get my little goal down. If I’m really in the groove, I let myself hit my big goal and then I stop for the day so I don’t experience burn out. NaNoWriMo will be a different story haha.
9. Post a recent sentence or two that you’re particularly proud of. Why are you proud of it? A few sentences from Shadowhand:
I stood up quickly, evading his grasp as he tried to catch my arm, “She has my dad, Drys. I can’t wait to go after her. I just stayed to make sure that you would be okay while I’m gone.” “Dreya—” “I can do this, Drys. I have to.”
It’s a turning point in Drys and Dreya’s relationship that very much ends up reflecting how far they’ve come in trusting each other. It wasn’t in any of the previous drafts of Shadowhand. I’m proud of myself for realizing that I needed to split them both up in order to further both of their character development.
10. What do you like most about writing stories/poetry/etc.? Writing keeps me sane. I get to live in a world other than the one that my physical body lives in and I need that to keep myself balanced. I have always had an extremely vivid imagination and writing gives me an outlet for that. I love telling stories and escaping to worlds that I’ve created in my own head.
…Anyways, I’m out of school at 3 today Need my assistance? What is Tony up to? Tell him I say hi! 😎 Hey Happy! Just checking in again. Really miss our missions, hoping to do one again soon! You think you’ll need me today? Out of school at 2:45 PM Ready when you are! Hey Happy Just updating you on the latest! Helped clear the road for an ambulance Stopped a guy trying to mug an old man Just being me, cleaning up Queens! School is so boring Wish I could be doing more Just let me know! This is your number, right? Happy? Press 1 if yes, 2 if no How’s Black Widow? or should I say, “Natasha” Big News! Quit Band Practice Now I have more time for crime-fighting Pretty big sacrifice but I am completely committed Hey Happy just checking in. I’m out of school at 2:45 PM 👊 Ready for my next mission! It’s Peter BTW. Parker
[Was it worth getting a six-pack for Pompeii] Yes! Because what happens now is that I’ve got my top off in this movie and that’s what everyone thinks I look like underneath all the time. So it quite paid of actually. It’s a few months of pain and a lifetime of people thinking you look like that normally.