I want you.
I want you at 6 am when drool covers your pillow.
I want you at 11 am when you’re barely awake and eat breakfast.
I want you at noon when the sun is bright and you’re telling me jokes.
I want you at 2 pm when you’re tickling me even though you know I hate it.
I want you at 5 pm when you get me to try new things for dinner.
I want you at 8 pm when you’re trying to keep me awake and playing the game.
I want your weirdness and to be there when you’re upset.
I want to love on you when you need me to.
Imperfections, flaws and all.
I just want all of you. ~
you know how sometimes you wonder why your super amazing friends stick around with you? like, their other friends are so much more than you. better people, better friends in general. and you don’t know why they bother with you but you keep trying to be yourself and hope that it works in your favor but you’re still just… you. this is how i langst
Shadow Moon is just so pure and unequivocally good, and I’m just in awe of him. He’s confused and unable to grasp what’s going on around him. He’s in denial. Sure, he’s seen all these ridiculous and illogical things but he’s still unwilling to believe what he’s seeing. He still wants to hold on to his long-held philosophy, and can we blame him? I know some people think it’s odd that he’s still unable to believe what he’s seeing, but it’s realistic. No one really wants to believe in something that challenges everything they already believe in, even if they’re seeing it with their own two eyes. Once you start believing in the impossible, you can’t go back and your entire life changes. That’s when it becomes real.
You’re more comfortable gravitating towards what you know, even if evidence says otherwise. The unknown is terrifying; no one wants to venture into the unknown because there’s a lack of predictability that comes with it.
When something’s familiar and predictable, it’s safe. When it’s not, it’s not. You know what to expect from the familiar, but you don’t know what to expect from the unknown and that makes some people hesitant to move forward. I’m just happy that we’re finally able to get this take on this strange new world from the perspective of a Black man. In Abbie Mills, we were able to get the perspective of a strange new world where weird things happened through the eyes of a Black woman. As short-lived as that win was, it was still a win. I wish we could have seen a world where Shadow Moon & Abbie Mills existed at the same time, because the possibilities would have been endless. It would have been amazing inspiration for some thought-provoking, abstract meta.The comparisons would have sparked quite a few things that we probably wouldn’t have thought about before. Abbie, just like Shadow, saw something impossible happen too but she refused to believe what she saw. Even though there was evidence of what happened to her, she blocked it out and refused to believe it. Abbie & Shadow are so much alike, and it’s a shame they couldn’t exist at the same time.
With all that being said, I think it’s important to acknowledge and celebrate how groundbreaking Shadow Moon is and how different he is from the other Black male characters we’ve been exposed to in the last few years. He’s so different, and I don’t think we give the writers & Ricky enough credit for bringing Shadow Moon to life and creating a character you genuinely want to see win.
Can you do a top 5 Haikyuu characters with the saddest or emotional backstory? The ones that really pulled at your heart strings and made want to cuddle them forever? At least so far in the story. Thanks!
Top 5 tragic (or not so tragic) backstories of haikyuu characters?
1. Oikawa. His backstory taught me a lesson that will stay forever with me. It taught me that’s it’s ok to be afraid, that’s it’s natural to feel despair when you’ve always been on top and suddenly other people start to catch up on you. It taught me that the only way to go on is to keep fighting. It taught me that’s ok to fail, but never to give up. Oikawa is such an inspiring character who went through so much, and hides everything behind his perfect facade. His backstory of struggles and his self awareness journey towards the realization that he’s not a genius, that being surpassed is not a possibility but it’s already his reality made him incredibly human and gave his character a force to be reckoned with. He will never stop trying to make the flower of his talent bloom again, again and again. It made me feel…so much. I love Oikawa, in all his fragile, flawed, indomitable self (ಥ﹏ಥ)
2. Tendou. *slams fist on the wall* WHO DARED TO HURT MY BABY TENDOU??? His flashback broke my heart in so many pieces. Those kids were so mean to him, calling him a monster just because he was different? He was just a little child who wanted to have fun and play volleyball…I’m so proud of how he turned his pain into his ultimate weapon (and kicked so many asses with it)
3. Kageyama. More than his backstory as a kid, what hurt me was his time in junior high. When he arrived to Karasuno, Kageyama was like a hurt wild animal, so aggressive just because he was trying to desperately protect himself. He never had a true supportive team and was convinced that he always had to do everything by himself. He was ostracized, made fun of and abandoned, by his teammates and by the only guidance he ever looked up to. And now here we have him, our beautiful blueberry who learned to trust and to rely on others and who’s constantly improving to be the best setter possible, to his favorite spiker and to the rest of the team. He’s finally home, and that’s beautiful
4. Tsukishima. Eh, another pretty painful one that explained us why the Tsukki that we know is like he is. The contrast between his little self and his older self is heartbreaking. He was a still cocky but very happy little kid…who was lied to all that time. The sport that his beloved brother introduced him to now is just a constant reminder of the pain and anger he suffered. But still, he kept playing, even if…“It’s just a club”. These were all the elements we needed to appreciate the moment he was hooked on volleyball to the fullest :’) I’m so proud of Tsukki, his character development is one of my favorites.
5. Ushijima. “The fact that he’s different from other people, will probably end up being his strength”. This was just a calming and comforting backstory, I loved Ushijima’s dad so much, he was really sweet. First of all, refusing to correct his left handiness was an incredible gesture of love (as a left-handed person, I relate so much), he never pressured him to become a volleyball player, and yet Ushijima did, he joined a strong team, he faced so many opponents that made him stronger, became the ace his father admired so much, he liked volleyball, and he made his dad happy. This is such an perfect (and unexpected) backstory for him.
That being said, I’m dying everyday waiting for Bokuto’s backstory. I’m ready for the pain Furudate, slay me.
-Give me a Lance that tries to keep his feelings hidden; the Lance that tucks his problems in his back pockets to think about in his own time.
-Give me a Lance that doesn’t want to talk about his problems, because he doesn’t want to burden anyone with them.
-Give me a Lance that for once in his life isn’t actually looking for attention, because he knows there’s a war going on and his feelings aren’t going to solve anything.
-Give me a Lance who knows that his teammates love and appreciate him, but it still HURTS when they make jokes about his feelings, credibility, or his dedication to their cause.
-Give me a Lance that isn’t as good at fighting like Keith, good with technology like Pidge, good at engineering or cooking like Hunk, a natural-born leader like Shiro or Allura, handy like Coran, but can always come up with a good plan and is loyal to a fault.
-Give me a jack-of-all-trades Lance, who might not be proficient in any particular skill, but has a knack for doing the things he needs to do.
-Give me a Lance who’s smart in a different way, not in the way Pidge is, but his own way that is just as important and intelligent.
-Give me a Lance who, underneath his loud proclamations and arrogance, has insecurities that he needs to work through.
-Give me a Lance character arc with him overcoming these habits and feelings, growing into a respected member of team Voltron.
-Give me a Lance who will eventually learn to love himself, flaws and all; a Lance who understands that he will always be part of Voltron, even if sometimes it might not seem like he is.
He’s moved on. As much as I hate to hear those words, I know it’s true. But you know what sucks is that he’s the only person who has seen me at the lowest of low and still chose to stay with me. He has seen all my flaws and loved each one. How am I suppose to let that go? Seems impossible.
Excerpts of stories @laxerchic will never finish// #209
Hello darlings! This is my own romance spell that I made and decided to share it! It’s use is for all genders, and you can use a specific person if you want! I hope this is helpful to you guys!
What You Will Need:
- Red/Pink/White Candles, you can use 1 or 3. Choose the colors that you relate to Romance
-Amulet/jewelry (It’d be a good idea to consecrate the item!)
-Objects that remind you of romance/attraction. (roses, rose quartz, hearts, doves, colors, incenses, make up, fragrances, etc. use whatever items you want- they don’t have to be these!) Also, if you can’t have this– it’s not necessary!
1.) Light your candles and, if you have it, incense. Get all the objects that remind you of romance and set them up around the candles.
2.) Hover your amulet over the first candle. If you only have one candle, keep it hovering over that candle for the whole entire duration of the spell.
3.) While it’s hovering over the first candle, say:
“Boys/Girls/All/Name will love me, and my features.”
Move it to the next candle, or keep it at the one candle you’re using, and say:
“Boys will love me, for me.”
Move it to your third, final candle and say:
“Boys will love me, for everything about me, my flaws and all.”
4.) After that you can just sit there with the candles, or blow them out. At the end of all my spells I like to say “Mote it be.” But it’s not a requirement.
You can also adjust the part of the spell, “Boys will love me, ….” and fill it in to however you want it. I hope this helps and you all like it!