SHE’S SO FREAKING PROUD AND JUST LOVES THEM SO MUCH AND OMFG HEADCANON ACCEPTED. HE CALLS HER FIRST OF ALL THE MEN TO TELL HER. AND ROY HEARS SECOND AND IS SO OFFEND AND SHE JUST SMILES
“I can’t believe Fullmetal told you before he told me,” Roy huffed, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at the informal wedding invitation his captain had dropped on his desk. The golden letters read, “formal invitation to follow.”
A rare teasing smile touched Riza’s lips. “Are you really surprised, sir? You always were at odds with him. If I didn’t know you two better I’d be shocked he invited you at all.”
Roy stood and crossed the office to the window, staring absently at the rapidly darkening street below. He was silent for a time, the quiet permeating the otherwise empty office, until: “How long ago did he tell you,” he asked pointedly.
Riza watched his back warily, knowing that he’d be offended if he knew the truth. Still, it wasn’t in her to lie to him. “He told me during his layover in the West, on his way out of Amestris last year.”
Roy whipped around to stare at her wide-eyed. “He proposed to her last year,” he yelped indignantly. “But that means,” Roy counted back mentally, “he was barely eighteen!”
“Yes, sir. I’m glad you can still count,” she replied dryly.
He shook his head in disbelief before returning to his chair with an irritated sigh. He ran his fingers through his hair, then laughed hollowly. “How is it that Fullmetal is getting married when I was still in the military academy at his age?”
A trickle of sadness slid down Riza’s spine as she watched the subtle shift in her General’s expression. The disgruntled pinch in his brow gave way to something softer, more akin to regret, and the shimmer in his onyx eyes dulled.
“If it’s any consolation, sir, you were somewhat deprived of the opportunity before the war,” she offered. Right away she knew the words were a mistake as anguish flashed across Roy’s face. He shot her an affronted look, not bothering to mask his emotions in the absence of their other subordinates, but did not reply.
Riza wanted to tear herself away, to snatch her words back from the air and shove them in the trash along with every other thing she wished she could say to him. Instead, she stood by the desk with her spine ramrod straight, feeling the weight of the silence that wedged itself into the narrow space that separated her from the General. It settled on her shoulders and curled up in her lungs as she exhaled every unspoken promise that laid beside her each night.
It was a rapping on the office door that broke Riza’s destructive train of thought. She refocused on the general as his head snapped up from its resting place in his hands. He straightened in his seat and jerked his chin towards the door.
Riza strode stiffly across the room and poked her head into the outer office. A mousy sergeant saluted her, a stack of letters tucked under her left arm. Riza took the papers and thanked her quietly before withdrawing back into the room.
As she sifted through the new mail, Edward’s surprisingly neat handwriting caught her eye, and she frowned at the words staring back at her:
Brigadier General Roy Mustang and Captain Riza Hawkeye Office #379 East City Headquarters
Riza’s brow furrowed at the oddness of the addressee line as she opened the letter and read. She gasped as her eyes slid across the paper and by the end of the letter her stomach was bubbling with apprehension and excitement.
“Captain, what is it?” Riza looked up and smiled broadly at Roy’s confused expression.
“Edward has requested that we participate in the wedding proceedings,” she said, feeling pride welling up in her chest. “He would be honored if you would walk Winry down the aisle, sir.” Roy’s black eyes widened, his jaw going slack as he stared at her in shock.
“He wants me to act as the father of the bride,” he said incredulously.
“Yes, sir. He said it was Winry’s request.” She hesitated before continuing, heat beginning to rise in her cheeks. “She also requested that I fill the role of mother of the bride.”
Roy started laughing then, his shoulders shaking with amusement. When he caught his breath he leaned forward in his chair, a mischievous glint in his eye, and said, “Write him back that we accept his offer. Tomorrow you and I will need to pick up a chess set; Fullmetal seems to have taken an interest.”
Okay, so I’ve now fallen in love with Malec adopting a baby girl, So I’ve indulged myself with headcanons that literally no one asked for, and no one wants…But well…here we are…XD • She’s nearing on2 years when they find her in Idris. • Alec is 26 when they adopt her (So three years after the extra story from Lady Midnight) • She’s a small, delicate little girl with huge, expressive hazel eyes, and chestnut toned hair. • She’s from the Beirut institute in Lebanon. • Her parents were a young, respected couple in Idris, and were granted the title as the head of the institute at 27 years old each. • They actually died from one of the bombings that has pretty much ravaged the middle east, despite Beirut being a relatively stable city. • The idea of them dying from an attack by the Mundanes really kind of fucks with the clave and Nephilim in general, because they are suppose to be protecting the mundanes who perpetuate this kind of wickedness… • But back to the girl • From birth she has always been a determined little girl, always trying to fight, and protect as bravery as her parents. • She’s only a little over a year when her parents die, but even when she is lost in the rubble, she begins to cry because she felt something snap deep within her. • So a few months after she is brought to Idris, Magnus is set to teach another class alongside Catarina at the Academy, so of course he brings the BAE and kids. • And as he and Alec are walking hand in hand around the citadel, they catch sight of a baby girl, wobbling on her chubby toddler legs, while wielding a dagger on display in front of Diana’s weapon shop. • It’s Alec who races to snatch it form the angelic girl’s grasp, warning her that “Sometimes even the bravest of warriors have to be patient for their turn to fight.” • The brunette does nothing but look dotingly stare at the really attractive shadowhunter. • “Where’s your parents biscuit,” Magnus questions as he crouches down besides the love of his life. • And all of a sudden, the brilliant grin adorning the girl’s lovely face drops, and she gives a shake of the head, tuffs of her mahogany curls flying in the air. • “Inchallah they come back soon…No one wants to play with me here.” • Son enough, a member of the clave arrives, and apologizes for having lost track of the child • Magnus and Alec try to ignore the stiffness to his voice when he looks down at how their hands are interlocked. The embrace happened subconsciously, ever sense the hell dimension, even the most casual of touches were a reassurance that both constantly craved. • The next day, after his questioning, Catarina explains to Magnus what happened to her parents, and how the girl was basically a plague at this point, because not only was her family still culturally muslim, (Which is a bit of an oddity even within the realm of the Nephilim) But her parents were killed by mundanes…And that’s kind of seen as a taboo, and dishonorable death. • Magnus feels bad for the child, but knows that his hands are tied, there is nothing he can do. • Later that day, he has to drop something to the council • but on his way, he spots the little girl whom has been clouding his thoughts sense yesterday. • “Hey there biscuit,” he greets as he kneels to her level. • She’s sitting on the ground, with a tea set lying before her. • “Hello,” she gives him a cautiously delighted grin. • • “Can I ask what you'r doing here all alone.” • “I’m having a tea party,” she explains to him in a tone which makes it seems s if the most obvious thing. Which Magnus supposes it was.“DO you wanna join me? You’re even prettier than the dolls mama and Baba let me play with.” • A sensation of warmth runs through Magnus when she touches his cheek, obviously entranced by the incandescence of the glittery eyeliner swept across his lids. • “I’d love to, but can I ask who’s watching you?” • She gives a shrug to her slender shoulders, and magnus just begins to realize how much this girl resembles a dove, so delicate, and graceful for even a toddler.
• “They always tell me to play by myself…But I miss my mama and baba.”
• Magnus’s heart cracks at the despair coloring her voice. One that is far to ancient, and far to entrench than to belong to the voice of a Nephilim child whom he aspects at one point, not to long ago, hadn’t a care in the world.
• “Do you remember that boy I was with yesterday?” • Her glimmering hazel eyes light up just for a flash, and Magnus was just able to see past the anguish and solitude found in the pinching of her lips, and set to her jaw. Behind it all he saw a girl who spent her days laughing and playing tea parties with the dolls she had so masterfully dressed up. • “Yeah, was he your friend?” • “Boy friend actually,” Magnus stutters over his words, unknowing the ideals she was brought up believing about two men in a loving relationship. • “Oh,” she just blinks innocently. “I’ve never had one.” • It’s all magnus can do to not crack up laughing at this enchanting child. • “I think you’re still young yet biscuit.” he smiles. “But Alec does love a good tea party, and so do our sons.” • “Really?” Her eyes are wide, and hopeful, and Magnus can see the true fragility of the shell of sadness which threatens to shatter at any moment. • “Why of course, who wouldn’t?” He cranes a brow at her. “Now I was just wondering if you could show us how a real tea party should look.” • “Sure,” It’s as if the entirety of her being is lit up with joy. • The moment she looks up at Alec with those big, beautiful eyes, he is helpless, and he and Magnus have already come to a silent consensus. • Her name is Jalila, which is an arabic name which means magnificent, (Which ever pleased the magnificent Magnus Bane) • But literally no one calls her that, because about a week after she moves into the Lightwood-bane home, max has a tantrum on how he can’t pronounce it well enough, so he and soon the rest of their family calls her “Gigi,” • She is honestly an angel. • She still has some nightmares over what happened to her parents, but as the weeks turn to months, and the months to years, she has healed, and she loves her family so unconditionally. • She is the princess of the Lightwood family, because Simon and Izzy ended up only having two boys, so of course aunt Izzy goes crazy showering her with gifts, and dressing her up, and just loving this child. • Her best friend is Simon and Izzy’s eldest son, her cousin, who is only a few months her junior. • When she rows up, besides being drop dead beautiful, she is a complete SJW (From freeing the nipple, to protection of all people, from race, gender, sexuality, and all in-betweens. • She is also a spectacular warrior, and spars with her eldest brother, Rafael frequently. • Her brother’s are basically her lifeline, she honestly couldn’t imagine breathing without them. Max, Rafael, and Gigi do basically everything together. • I have about a hundred million more head canons about Gigi, but I’ll probs stop before anyone kills me… • Oh and expect a fanfic or dozen including her in some capacity.
guess who got stardew valley and has been playing nonstop since
maru is so cute?! she has such little love among fans, but idk i’ll make up for it if i can
i love her so much omfg, i was gonna marry abigail before i got the game but then i met maru and my god; she loves space and stars and gems and AHHHH girl after my own heart
suuuper quick doodle of her and farmer-me (since i always play games as myself first lol), a little femslash february if you will? i wanted to try the fill-a-page meme but alas i am too busy working on a pixel farm…
How about hc when MC always wants to sleep close to RFA's hearts bc its beating helps her fall asleep?
• he loves you so much omfg
• how was it possible for you to get even more cuter???
• he gets really nervous and blushy
• his heart beats super fast when he’s with you and you try to calm him down haha~
•ahhh he isn’t used to all this cuteness!!
• he’ll calm down once you fall asleep and watch you sleep
• bless this cutie
• he’s all for it
• he’ll give you small forehead kisses and pull you tightly against his chest
• he’ll say super cheesy things like
• “Do you hear my heart? It only beats for you~”
• “You’re the reason my heart beats so fast~ who knew you’d have such a effect on me.”
• aw this babe is so cute
• he’ll let you lay on his chest and listen to his heart beat while he runs his hands through your hair
• he’s the type to whisper sweet things into your ear like how much he loves you etc
• he once made an audio of his heart beat for you to listen to when he’s away on business trips
• okay okay okay he’s lowkey nervous
• because whenever he’s around you, his heart races!!!
• and with you listening to his heart it goes even faster!!
• he’s gets all blushy and cute omg
• he hugs you hella tight
• you have to tell him to chill
• he’ll watch you sleep~ he’s your protecter after all~~
• asdfgghhjjkkkl she needs a minute to pull herself together
• She wasn’t expecting MC to be this cute!!
• her face is literally all red
• ahhhhhh your face… on her chest… are you trying to kill her??
• she kisses the top of your when you are asleep and is rlly grateful for you
• bless her