Kdramas I’ve completed *In order of how I watched them!* and how I rate them..chat me up about ANY drama listed, or recommend more! :) **SOME CONTAIN SLIGHT SPOILERS!**
1. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon– 10/10 **This was my introduction to the amazing world of kdrama, and oh boy did it hook me!! The chemistry between Bo Young and Hyung Sik will forever be etched into my brain!
2. The Heirs– 8/10 **The most compelling thing in this show for me was Kim Woo Bin. This was my first intro to second male lead syndrome.
3. Hwarang– 7/10 **Not gonna lie, started this because of Kim Taehyung, and happily finished it because the drama brought more than I expected. It was slow in places, but wrapped up well.
4. High Society– 5/10 ** Not my cup of tea to be honest…I much preferred the second leads’ relationship over the first leads’. Even Park Hyungsik wasn’t enough to keep me enthralled…this was a drama I completed just to get it over with.
5. Oh My Ghostess– 10/10. PARK BO YOUNG IS DAEBAK! I seriously love this woman…she was able to portray two distinct personality types, sometimes nearly simultaneously. Also, Jo Jung-suk as Chef Kang made my heart race!
6. Healer– 9/10 ** This would have gotten a ten had they wrapped up the loose ends a little better, alas, they did not…Also, this was my introduction to Ji Chang Wook. His character is just amazing and JCW depicts him so well!
7. Emergency Couple– 10/10 **This is still one of my favorites. I liked the progression between Chang Min and Jin Hee, and how it wasn’t an immediate reconciliation when they met back up. They both had themselves to find and were mature (most of the time) about giving eachother the space needed to make it work.
8. Weight-lifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo– 10/10. **I loved everything about this drama. The story line, the actors, the chemistry between the leads, and I really loved Ji Il-joo as Joo-hyuk’s best friend :)
9. She Was Pretty 7/10 ** CHOI SI-WON!!! Kim Shin Hyeok is my favorite character in all of dramaland…unfortunately he was second male lead, and my favorite part about the drama. All of the actors portrayed their characters well, I just didn’t connect with many of them throughout the whole show.
10. Fated to Love You 8/10 ** There were times when Gun was literally too much to handle..Also, episode 12 made me take a break from kdramas for a while and reflect on my life choice to become addicted to something like kdramas. Before this episode I realized that I really was spoiled in the shows I watched not having scenes that literally made my heart feel constricted the way this one did.
11. To the Beautiful You– 7/10 ** I liked the show overall, but thought that Sulli would never pass as a male… to me she still screamed female while dressed and living as a male. Kang Ha-Neul was the shinning point for me :)
12. Angel Eyes– 7/10 ** KANG HA-NEUL! :) The show was predictable at times which made it kind of drag on in places, and the female lead was frustrating af, but I enjoyed it overall. Although the teenage years were only in a few episodes (and then some flashbacks) I think the pairing was much more endearing than the adults. I also really liked the chemistry between Kang Ha-nuel and Name Ji-Hyun
13. Doctors– 6/10** Not my cup of tea….Park Shin Hye was great, but it was kind of boring to me..The guest starring of Ji Soo was nice though :)
14. Shopping King Louie– 9/10. I LOVED this drama. I thought the character of Louie was endearing in how he didn’t understand much of the outside world (being rich and all) and relied on Bok-Shil to basically survive. Again, loved Nam Ji-Hyun in this.
15. Pinocchio– 8/10 **HELLO LEE JONG-SUK! :) My favorite thing, other than watching the evolution of the leads’ relationship was watching the relationship between Dal-po and his brother, Jae-Myung. I think the character development of Jae-Myung felt the most real to me. How circumstances turned him into a killer and how he handled the aftermath of that, letting Dal-po settle things legally.
16. W (Two Worlds)– 8/10 **Back to back Lee Jong-Suk. I liked the complexities of this drama. There were times when I really wasn’t sure what was coming next and the suspense kept me returning to my computer as soon as possible to finish it!
17. Marriage, Not Dating– 8/10 **Not gonna lie, the more I watching this, the more I WANTED To hate it, but I didn’t. I’m not sure why I wanted to…I think it became semi predictable and some of the characters were hard pills to swallow, but damnit I was rooting so hard for Gi-tae and Jang-mi until the very end.
18. Love From Another Star 10/10 ** Let me count the ways…This was so endearing, and funny, and melancholic, and in places, SO FUCKING SAD. I will happily admit I cried, and when I inevitably watch it again, I’ll cry again.
- Him calling you ‘Love’ or ‘Darling’.
- You flirting with him whenever you see another person eyeing him.
- Teasing him.
- Charles trying to tease you but then you end up teasing him.
- Him occasionally reading your mind when he looks into your eyes to know what you’re thinking in the moment.
- When he leaves early in the mornings he leaves a red rose and a note to explain where he is.
- Melting over his British accent.
- Lots. And. Lots. Of. Spooning.
- Touching his thigh at a work dinner or a meeting.
- Him communicating through your mind to tell you to stop.
- “We’re in public, darling…wait until we get back home”
- “I don’t think I can’t hold on for that long, Professor”
- The lustful yet loving look you see in his eyes.
- Neck kisses while making breakfast.
- Running your fingers through his silky brown hair.
- Sitting on his lap as he reads to you.
- Cuddling in front of the fireplace on a cold day with cups of tea.
- Making love almost every night.
- The glistening sweat between your bodies and the shortness of breath.
- Romantic baths with candles and roses.
- You being shy when you first meet him because you thought he was extremely attractive and you didn’t know what to say to him.
- He knew you thought that.
- He knew you were a mutant before you knew yourself.
- Midnight strolls around the mansion.
- Him admiring the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine.
- Your song being ‘L.O.V.E’ by Nat King Cole.
- Calling him ‘Professor’ or ‘Sir’
- When you’re feeling sassy you call him ‘Mr Man’
- Him tickling you just to hear you giggle
(A/N): This preference/ headcanon is set before Charles’ accident.
some stuff i posted on twitter about my upcoming oneshot/possibly-twoshot-bc-it’s-way-longer-than-i-was-expecting verkwan fic!! it’s set in a modern magic world and loosely inspired by beauty and the beast, and it’s about half-demon vernon befriending a blind boy called seungkwan and their little adventure to find a spell for him to gain his eyesight.
(read the captions on the pics for lil biographies)
Hi there! I just saw your post about soulmate fic ideas and I love them too! An idea I've seen somewhere years ago is that everyone is given a necklace at a certain age and when you get closer (in distance not emotions) to your soulmate, the pendant on the necklace heats up. Maybe Bughead meet while travelling and their necklaces get really hot?
I love a good soulmate au!
Jughead sighed, Saturday nights were exhausting in The Southside of Riverdale. Gang meetings always took place in the sleazy beat down dive bar, with about a hundred drunken men in leather jackets trying to make sense of the latest deal they had to get done while simultaneously playing pool and hitting on the Serpent bangers. So yeah tonight had been long.
“Hot dog, I’m home.” He called out to the empty trailer, smiling when he head the familiar thumping of scruffy white paws, the dirty sheepdog standing before him with a goofy grin and slobbery tongue.
“Hey there boy.” Jughead pulled off the heavy leather jacket and flung it over the makeshift kitchen chair plopping down on the couch in the center of the room.
He was tired…all the time. being sixteen wasn’t all it was cracked up to be, he had more responsibilities now that his father was locked up, Jughead had been born a Serpent it was all he knew, but deep down he felt something, something no one else he knew had felt. He wanted more, wanted to be more. He had a friend Archie Andrews, he had met him at the Riverdale Public library one day when he was hiding from a particularly nasty gang fight. Archie had been researching music books and they had bonded over their mutual love for video games and their penchant for fried foods. Archie was the boy next door, bright red hair and a letterman jacket two sizes too big while the tshirt he wore under it was two sizes too small, but he was nice and he didn’t judge Jughead, and that in itself was a feat.
Jugheads fingers wandered up to the clear crystal pendent resting beneath his plain black Tshirt, it was the one thing in his life that was steady, constant, always hanging around his neck, a security blanket almost. He couldn’t believe it when Archie had shown Jughead his own pendent.
“It’s finally cooling down, I just came from Veronica’s house and it was pretty much on fire.” Archie had explained, toying with his pendent, dark purple and black swirls coursing through his.
A soulmate, Jughead squeezed his eyes shut. Archie had been the one to explain the soulmate necklace to him.
“When you find the one you’re meant to be with, the necklace glows, it gets hot, hotter than anything you’ve ever felt. But it doesn’t burn, it feels amazing, its right over your heart, it’s almost like sitting by a bonfire, you can feel the heat but it’s safe and warm”
He wanted it, deep down inside he knew someone like him would never get that, he wasn’t the soulmate type and he was certain his necklace would stay crystal clear his entire life, but… sometimes.. if he stared hard enough, he swore he could see green, he swore there were swirls of gold and meadow green. He was probably kidding himself, setting himself up for disappointment and failure. Wrapping his fingers around the pendent he felt his eyes drift closed, it had been a long day, he didn’t need to be thinking about things like soulmates and silly wishes.
“Dilton Doiley? Really? For Cheryl? You’re sure?” Betty was leaning forward on the lilac and lace comforter, the phone snug against her ear as Veronica spilled the gossip of the day.
“I sure am, apparently they never got close enough to each other to find out, but then today, in gym class, they got paired to be partners for tennis and you know where it goes from there, their necklaces lit up like fireworks and soon enough they had each other nearly naked on the gym floor before coach Clayton broke it up.” Veronica giggled from her end and Betty sighed dreamily.
“I’m happy for them, I think Dilton will be good for her… it’s so crazy how we’re paired in this universe..” Betty trailed off, her fingers playing with the edges of her comforter
“You’ll find him B, I promise.” Veronica soothing said, comforting her best friend.
Betty bit back the bitter tears and cleared her throat, speaking in an incredibly small voice
“I just want something like you and Archie have ya know? I just want someone to love me like that.” She whispered.
“And you will. I know you Betty Cooper and you won’t stop until you find him.” The raven haired princess spoke in a tone that left no room for argument.
“Okay Ronnie, I gotta go. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
Veronica said her goodbyes before calling out for Betty one more time
“Don’t forget, tomorrow is that integration mixer with the Southside Students, I’m thinking leather pants and no shirt, what about you?” Betty could practically hear the smirk on the heiresses face.
“You’ve been watching too much Grease Ronnie.” She giggled before hanging up on her best friend.
Betty plopped down on her bed, eyes drifting closed as her hands found her pendent. she would find him, and hopefully soon because all this waiting was making her head hurt.
Veronica couldn’t control her laughter when Betty walked up to her locker before first period.
“What?!” Betty asked defensively.
Veronica settled finally and looked up at Betty out of breath
“It’s nothing, it’s just.., everyone agreed to dress a little more scandalous today, in honor of the Southside coming and you…. I didn’t even know something could be that white”
Betty looked down at her baby blue dress, the skirt grazing mid thigh, her bare arms covered by an impeccable, wrinkle free white cardigan, she wore tiny nude ballet flats and a simple gold chain on her wrist.
“I wore my hair down.” Betty tried, her hands coming up to touch the tips, she wrapped her arms around herself self consciously when she spotted all the girls in mini skirts and tube tops.
Veronica’s eyes softened and she squeezed Betty’s forearm
“You look beautiful, you always do. I’m just teasing, you know that.” She kissed her best friends cheek and Betty smiled.
Suddenly Archie came running through the halls, his eyes set on The two girls as he swooped in, pressing a kiss to Veronica’s cheek. Betty glanced down at their necklaces, feeling the familiar ache of jealousy as they glowed beautifully.
“They’re here! I saw a bunch of bikes pull up, you’re gonna love Jughead guys, he’s so funny man and he’s totally cool.” Archie rambled on and Veronica shot Betty an “is my boyfriend in love with another boy?” look.
Betty rolled her eyes and watched as the Southside teens started filing in, each one bigger and scarier then the last. Betty’s guard went up instantly and she ducked behind Veronica.
“There he is! Jughead! Hey man! Over here!”
Archie was waving to a leather jacket wearing boy in the back, Betty couldnt make out his face but she knew the prominent S on his back meant that he was a Serpent, she had written a research paper on why Serpents should be treated equal and as normal as everyone else in Riverdale. The whole Serpent culture amazed her.
He was walking towards them and Betty could just make out stormy, raindrop blue eyes. Something in her stomach twisted and she stepped closer, trying to get a better look.
Suddenly he had stopped in his tracks, His fingers instantly coming up to grip the necklace hanging on the black string around his neck, Betty did the same and as the two stared at each other a gradual heat was rising in the crystal pendent. A series of blue and black swirls racing through her pendent while his had Gold and green.
He walked closer to her, the pendent becoming unbearably hot but it didn’t bother either of them, Betty could vaguely hear the frantic whispers of Veronica behind her.
They were standing chest to chest at this point and cautiously Betty reached her hand out, stopping quickly and looking the dark haired boy in the eyes, silently asking for permission. He nodded slowly, what she didn’t know was that she could do anything in the world to him and he would just nod. She had him. That was it, he was hers now.
As soon as her tiny fingers brushed the pendent a shining bright light illuminated both of their necklaces, an almost primal growl came from deep inside Jugheads chest as his hands gripped The perfect and proper blondes waist
“Finally.” He whispered before dropping his lips to hers.
She followed with equal fervor, her hands winding in his hair as he held her tight to his chest. After what felt like hours they finally pulled apart.
Neither of the teens said anything until Betty broke the silence
“Betty Cooper, my names Betty Cooper and I guess I’m your soulmate.” Her smile was perfect and her fingers were still playing with the now filled pendent.
Jughead laughed heartily, his own long, slender fingers coming up to play with her necklace
“Can’t believe I got someone like you, you’re pretty as a picture Betty Cooper. I’m Jughead Jones and I am so happy you’re my soulmate.” He smirked crookedly before dropping his lips to hers.
The necklace pressed against each other as a warm glow of sunshine bathed the teens in light. They still had so much to learn about one another but right here, soft white cardigan pressed against worn black leather