1. Losing people hurts. Friends, lovers, soul mates. You will cry into your pillow and lose sleep, and your eyes will hurt more than ever. Don’t let it affect you so much, you will be okay. Your heart is learning to love and forgive and so is your brain.
2. Eat that pasta you want but don’t just sit back and eat three more plates. If you want that ice cream bar eat it but don’t go crazy on sweets. You deserve a healthy body along with your mind and spirit but you don’t need to keep yourself away from the things you love.
3. Take a shower. Wash your body with hot water and wash your hair with cold. Make your bed and spray lemon scent perfume on your pillows that you stole out of your mom’s bathroom. It’ll help you breathe and sleep better, you’ll have better dreams too.
4. Don’t rely on other people as your happiness. If they make you happy that’s great but what about when they leave? Have your hobbies as your happiness, or even yourself. Be a whole person on your own.
5. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Do you know how many things you have survived and gotten through? You are a brave person and you shouldn’t be so rough and hurtful. You are a piece of art.
6. Don’t focus too much on outer beauty. Those stretch marks don’t make you ugly, neither do your bruises and marks. It shows you’ve been through life and have experienced many things that tied themselves to your body to tag along in life with you.
7. Don’t just wait around for something to happen. Go out there and make it happen and face scary things you would have ran from in the past.
8. Most importantly dance and love and
live and thrive. There is beauty within the ugly and the light will always outshine the dark. You only get one shot at this life, how do you want to spend it?
Seventeen are in LA for two weeks. They will have ~42 meals. I’m excited that Josh can experience all the things that he’s missed while being in Korea. Let them visit all the mundane traditional American restaurants like Ihop and Inn n out. Take a trip to walmart just to make hot dogs in their hotel. Probably eat some damn good mexican food. I hope Josh takes them to all the big, common, chain places and also to the little “hidden treasures” he found over the years. I hope that he takes him to all his favorite places that he had to leave behind when he moved. I hope that, just for a while, they don’t feel like celebrities. And that Josh just feels like he’s back home. But this time he gets to share his old life with his brothers and bongbong.
I love that pasta is basically the only thing Yuuri eats in your fics
IS THIS TRUE?? Anon, since I have an English paper due tomorrow that I haven’t started, and since I’m curious, I’m now going to do a comprehensive study of food (and specifically pasta) mentions in all of my fics.
When Phichit first tells Yuuri about the job they are given unspecified food.
His mind has gone haywire, his heart thumping in his chest. A waiter comes by and sets food in front of them, but he can hardly even see it.
Victor and Yuuri go out on a date to a restaurant, but the food is never explicitly mentioned.
Yuuri and Victor order and enjoy pizza
Makkachin eats dog food
They eat chips and salsa while watching Phichit skate
They eat popcorn when they watch Phichit skate again
They eat Pringles at Victor’s house one time
Yuuri was going to get unspecified food when he was intimidated by the paparazzi waiting for him
Christophe suggests Victor brings Yuuri’s family food when he’s going to fly to surprise him
The night after the gala Victor makes Yuuri food and puts it on a tray
At some point, Phichit and Yuuri go to a diner and eat unspecified food
Yuuri makes Victor piroshki and also makes katsudon several times throughout the story
There is a mention of eating a 32 inch Snickers bar
And how would one go about eating a 32 inch Snickers Bar in the first place?
There are four mentions of pasta in this fic, although pasta is never explicitly eaten.
1. Victor thinks that anything Yuuri says would sound good. A pack of rabid raccoons? Cruel and unusual punishments? Ketchup and pasta?
2. “Do you feel like Chinese? I could go for Chinese,” Victor muses. “Or maybe just pasta or something. I don’t know. Pizza again?Always a good choice. Oooh, or katsudon. You’ve gotten me hooked on katsudon, I’m afraid.”
3. “I thought he was sick,” Yurio answers. “Relax, he probably had bad pasta or something. It happens.”
4. Phichit is a firm believer in pasta Thursdays, a tradition that is held dear to all of their hearts.
Yurio wants to talk about food bc Victor is annoying him by being smitten™
“Let’s talk about food now. I want to talk about food.”
Yuuri eats a sandwich at the quad. Phichit also has a sandwich.
Yuuri moans in response to the first bite of his sandwich. “I’m starving,” he realizes.
Both Yuuri and Victor eat pasta!
“I’m getting pasta,” Victor tells him, heading off towards the pasta station. Yuuri gets pasta, too. Then they’re sitting across from each other, except Yuuri has already begun digging into his food, and Victor hasn’t, is just watching him.
Yuuri gets Victor a blueberry muffin when he’s hungover after the Halloween party
Yuuri brings pastries for Phichit and himself then starts crying while holding the bag
Victor orders Yuuri pasta in Saint Petersburg
Victor attacks Yuuri’s pasta with his fork, eats a bite of it. “See,” he explains through a mouthful, “your weakness is your empathy, Yuuri.”
They eat piroshki together
At some point, Yuuri brings Victor a bag of unspecified food
Victor is mentioned eating pasta at some point
“This is good,” Victor states firmly, digging into his pasta.
Pasta Thursday is mentioned to be a thing on campus
Yuuri is hungry, one day, so he walks to the dining hall for a late dinner. Victor is working on a project, so Yuuri is alone, yawning with thoughts of Pasta Thursday on his mind.
They sit down at a booth. It’s Italian food, which Victor enjoys. He orders a sandwich, Yuuri orders a pasta dish.
Victor has unspecified takeout food in Saint Petersburg
The most pasta mentions is a tie between centripetal force and all the world’s a stage. However, pasta is never explicitly said to be eaten in all the world’s a stage. As I have continued writing, the pasta mentions have increased, but this is also most likely due to the fact that most of my latter fics are multi-chapter, whereas the beginning ones are one-shots. The fic with the best food, in my opinion, is The Fundamentals of Caring. I do really like pasta.
Avocado-spinach sauce turned out 💣💣💣💣 1 avo, 1 cup spinach, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp lemon juice, black pepper, pasta water for desired consistency~ atop brown rice pasta, spinach, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, and tomatoes xx so simple yet so damn guuuuuuuud 😜