Hey, sorry if this somehow contradicts canon, I’m just being silly here.
- Trainers are legally obligated to fill in the hole in their Shedinja’s back after evolution. Pokemon Centers hand Shedinja plugs out for little to no cost in areas where Nincada are common. They’re more expensive in other regions, however. Generally, Shedinja are harmless, but there are a few of them that get a little soul-sucky. So it’s just better to be safe than sorry.
- Luvdisc are often given as pets to very young children, because they’re very harmless, docile pokemon. Magikarp were once popular pets, but the threat of evolution was just enough to make it a bad idea for most children. Luvdisc never evolve and generally suck at everything, plus they’re very cute. So they’re sold like goldfish are in our world.
- People have been known to huff the fumes Musharna release to get high, as the fumes are essentially hallucinogenic dream inducing smoke. It’s rather harmless, all things considered. Although people have been known to hallucinate for longer than would be considered healthy, and when you stumble into the Pokemon Center high as a kite, you’re most likely going to be mocked remorselessly while you ramble aimlessly.
- The Vanilluxe family was actually the origin of ice cream, when people started making cold creamy treats, they modeled them after them, calling them Icy Vanilluxe Cream. Eventually, it was shortened to ice cream, and named the first flavor Vanilla. So in the pokemon world, Vanilla was named after Vanilluxe and not the other way around.
- Charmander trainers are recommended to cover their Charmander’s tails to keep them from going out. Most trainers use a specifically sold cover that lets in air and keeps water out. During contests, it’s usually taken off, because the covers aren’t very aesthetically pleasing.
- Mr. Mime’s inspired people, and the art of miming was learned by mimicking the Pokemon.
- Loudred can be used as speakers if taught to. They can imitate almost any noise, much like a lyrebird.
- Loudred owners are required to muzzle their Pokemon when in populated areas. This has not stopped complete asshats from using Loudred to blast party music illegally. This is a big problem in some Hoenn cities. Please stop using Loudred to blast party music, you already have speakers, you fucking assheads.The damage from these Loudred parties are often massive. Not to mention busting hearing aids in a blockwide radius.