I need more about keith and the ferret
- The ferret does not have a name, and never will. This is essential to the au.
- Shiro: So then… What do I call it? Them. It-em.
- Keith: I usually call them ‘ferret’, ‘long boy’, ‘demon’, etc.
- Shiro: Yeah but does the… long boy… actually respond?
- Keith: Why would the demon respond, Shiro? They’re not my ferret.
- Hunk and Pidge try to like, track down the ferret to see where it goes when it leaves Keith’s house but the ferret always loses them.
- Keith just assumes this is a ferret but he like… doesn’t really know… it might be a weasel. It’s probably a ferret. It’s definitely an omen.
- There’s an unspoken rule that you’re not allowed in Keith’s home alone with the ferret. Like, everyone has a key to Keith’s apartment, and they can drop in whenever, but if you let yourself in and see The Ferret standing in the kitchen under the flickering lights, you shut the door and wait in the hallway for Keith to come home. Allura once waited for two hours because Keith got caught in traffic. She claimed she’d been only waiting for fifteen minutes though when Keith asked.
- Coran is the only exception to this. One time Keith walked through the door and found Coran and the ferret watching Jeopardy together. The ferret had on a bonnet. Coran refuses to explain what happened.
- The ferret doesn’t drop by that often, which is why Lance swears it’s an ominous omen. It’ll probably show up maybe once or twice a month… Sometimes more, during the winter. Keith accepts these visits without question. Everyone else has a lot of questions.
- There’s a framed picture of Keith and the ferret in the walk-in hallway