If you were to meet a Cancer man for the first time, it is unlikely that he would open his heart to you. They come through as very shy, reserved people, who would not tell everything about themselves in the first few meetings. In fact, it will take you a while to come closer and know the Cancer man. To help you know the Cancer man better, we have listed some of their basic characteristics here below. This information will enable you to know more about their traits.
- Ruled by emotions and the matters of the heart, the Cancer men are very affectionate, thoughtful and considerate of others’ feelings. Though their decisions are often based on emotions and not on facts and figures, they can be very intelligent.
- Home and family are of utmost importance for the Cancer men, and they can be fiercely protective of them. Besides, the Cancer men need a harmonious and peaceful domestic domain to be the source of energy in order to achieve their full potential.
- Frequent bust of mood swings are quite common in Cancer men. They can get sad and melancholic at one moment and be quite witty and humorous at the next. Besides, they don’t open up easily. Hence, you may require to be extremely patient and keep your calm if you are dealing with a Cancer man.
- They can be tremendously hurt if they are rejected, and it takes a lot to make them move on. They care about how others perceive them and what they think of them. Needless to say, they hate losing face and tend to keep their emotions and thoughts closely guarded. It is therefore understandable if people think that they are cold and lack expression.
- The Cancer men remain in their shells most of the times and will only come out when they’ll feel they are ready to face the world. This means if they are in no mood to handle the situation or take up challenges, they will simply not do it. However, they are not rude or careless. They tend to build a shield to protect their feelings and vulnerabilities.
- Conscious of their looks, clothes, possessions and everything else that surrounds them, the Cancer men are very particular about what they like and what they don’t.
- Cancer men are not the ones to go against the usual norms and set standards, rather they prefer a familiar lifestyle and surroundings over adventures and thrills of change.
- A Cancer man’s relationship with his mother is rarely casual and moderate. He is either too close to her and can’t live without talking to her everyday or totally detached from her. It has to be either of the two extremes. The Cancer men would expect his spouse to mother him if she has to gain a permanent place in his heart.