Born in 19th century New Orleans, Marie Laveau was on path to lead the life of a typical free woman of color. Facing loss and uncertainty, she relies on her faith and determination to redefine her position in society, becoming one of the most powerful women of her time.
top 5 times katsuki yuuri seduced the whole world (deliberately or not)
I think I’ve been accidentally pulled into the “5 Things” meme! Please don’t send more, haha. Regular prompts and headcanons are still welcome!
1. After Yuuri wins silver at the GPF and Victor announces his return to competitive skating, they attend the banquet, and apparently the ISU learned nothing from the previous year because it’s open bar. However, unlike last year, Yuuri doesn’t get drunk on 14 flutes of champagne and drag people into a dance-off. Instead, he gets drunk on six Long Island iced teas and gives an incredibly dazed and visibly turned-on Victor a lap dance in the middle of the floor to Nasty Naughty Boy. Someone (Phichit, you traitor) films it and posts it to YouTube, where it blows past 73 million views in a single weekend and trends on Facebook for two entire weeks. Thousands of people all over the world post their own reaction videos in response, the most popular being Minami Kenjirou’s, which is just 14 minutes of him alternating between sobbing hysterically and shoving paper towels up his nose.
2. Yuuri’s in the middle of giving an interview with ABC News after winning gold at the Olympics when a little girl crashes the set and takes it upon herself to plop herself into his lap. The interviewer moves to cut to commercial, but Yuuri tells her that it’s fine. He turns his attention to the girl and compliments her sparkly barrette. Very seriously, the girl thanks him, tells him her name (Malia), age (7 and a half), her teacher’s name (Mr. Gaeney, second grade teacher at P.S. 114) and that she’s going to skate with him at the Olympics someday. To his credit, Yuuri doesn’t laugh; instead, he hugs the girl close and says that he’s looking forward to it. About an hour later, Victor posts a positive pregnancy test to Instagram.
3. A video surfaces of a younger Yuuri and Phichit doing the dance to Bye, Bye, Bye on the ice. The line of Yuuri’s shoulders are soft, not a hint of fear in the way he moves his hips nor a single brushstroke of anxiety in the deep bow of his smile, and he keeps time with Phichit perfectly. It gets retweeted by Lance Bass, who says, @ yurikatsuki nice moves! dm me the next time you’re in la! #hihihi. Victor spends the week trolling Lance with terrible N*Synce photoshoots from the early 2000s and scoring them out of a possible 10. None of them ever make it to a 6.
4. At Worlds 2018, Yuuri debuts a routine that he choreographed himself to Lady Gaga’s Dance in the Dark, which the commentators say is his attempt at a cooler, sexier Yuuri Katsuki.
Victor has to be physically restrained from joining Yuuri on the ice, while six people in the audience have to be hospitalized for extreme blood loss.
Yuri Plisetsky’s face becomes Tumblr’s new favorite reaction gif.
5. Victor watches from the doorway, thinking of the fey, drunken creature who stole his heart all those years ago, and of the shy boy who wanted so badly to be as good as everyone else thought he was, and marvels at how we pour ourselves into the wide and wondrous spaces that time creates. If someone had told him maybe ten years ago—when he’d believed that perfection could only be found in the thumping bass of nightclubs, in between the thighs of faceless men—that he would be brought to his knees by the sight of his disheveled and sleep-starved husband slowly dancing around a nursery with their infant daughter cradled in his arms, singing softly and off-key, he would have laughed and asked for some of whatever it was that person was on.
But now, himself a much different man than the one he’d been at twenty, at twenty-five, at twenty-seven, he’s smarter. Wiser. Happier. And he’s never seen anything sexier.
#Facetofacefriday full body edition.
In the picture on the left, I was around my heaviest weight. I was getting ready to be in the audience of #letsmakeadeal with some of my best friends. I couldn’t even get this plus size costume to zip up all the way in the back. I’m now down 65 pounds and 39 inches.
All I can say is keep going. Don’t lose sight of your goals. Have patience. Learn to love yourself during the process. 🖤
I remember when the picture on the left was taken and how terrible I felt about what I looked like and how I would try to avoid eating or purge my good. Now I’m getting better about doing things for my health and not so I can feel attractive. There are still some days where I stress about my weight but maybe someday I’ll never worry if I ate too many carbs or if my stomach is too big.
But right now, I’m happy where I am at and I have found someone who seems to like me for who i am so I am excited to see how it turns out.
Got a haircut today! Donated about all 13 inches I had to Wigs for Kids and then had my stylist shave patterns into my Alopecia patches.
I’m super happy with this, so I just had to share.
(Top photo is reference to what I had/donated).