Lychee! Can you tell us your headcanons for the Trafalgar family, if you have any?
- the people say law’s dad is the best doctor in flevance, but if you ask him, he’ll tell you he studies every day in order to catch up to his wife
- hc that law’s dad is a cardiologist and his mom is a brain surgeon. law spent his formative years poking around grey matter and clumpy heart tissue, and i think that explains many things.
- like the majority of flevance, the trafalgar family is religious
- not conservatively and it’s not something that counters their belief in science and the natural world, but they pray for a steady hand before a long operation and they say grace before every meal
- hella richhhhh ~jean-ralphio voice~ they got the moneyy$$$$
- at first, his parents aren’t sure how to approach law’s emotional and mental maturity.
- but it really doesn’t matter when he looks up at dinner and says in a totally serious voice, father, mother, there’s a girl bullying me on the playground. i’ve gathered data and i believe she has a crush on me. i’m coming to you for advice on how to proceed.
- sometimes they have to stay late at the hospital and hire a nanny to look after law and lami.
- when they come home, the nanny is sleeping on the couch and law and lami have made an elaborate blanket fort set-up with all these pretty lights and he’s helping her finish her homework and cooked her pasta and veggies, and they decide they really don’t need a nanny.
- law’s parents were the first to discover the amber lead disease, and they had the opportunity to sneak away to another country before the quarantine began
- but instead they stayed and announced the news. they stayed and resolved to find a cure.
- they send law and lami to law’s school, which has turned into a shelter for children and families. he grips her cold hand and as the nun tells them their parents are brave, are flevance’s heroes, he just wonders when the war will be over.
- lami is not cooperative with the nuns. when are they coming back? she yells and yells, and only settles when law is holding her.
- even up until the final hour, when they’ve long ran out of anesthesia, they’re still saving lives. even when they’ve been ordered to evacuate, they wipe the blood from their foreheads and they stay right where they are.
- when law is looting the hospital for food and medicine, he stumbles across two bodies among the debris. one had fallen over the other, like he had tried to shield her from the bullets.
- ‘mom? dad?’
bonus: one day, donquixote rosinante sees two doctors and their young daughter, and with great big smiles they tell him thank you.