so everyone’s making fanaccs, and honestly if I made one it might sound redundant, SO I’m going to give u my MOTHER’s fanacc (a 50 year old psychologist with like hardly any previous knowledge of shinee (except basic knowledge of the members and a few songs thru me) or kpop in general.) so basically an outsiders view of this whole shabang that I found rly interesting. we had a 7-8hr drive back up from LA, so we talked more than we usually would otherwise and these are some of the things she said/highlighted:
- first of all, when I asked what her favorite performance was there was no hesitation at all when she said: “taemin” and I was like ok… so his solo? and she said yes and that, “he’s so talented. He’s going to go so far.”
-also about taemin: “he’s so pretty– like all of them were pretty but he was just beautiful. the lavender shirt with the hole in the back was really something.” (Im not even joking when I say she remembered EXACTLY that shirt and brought it up.)
- “there was a grown man, like my age, in the back near me just repetitively yelling "TAEMIN”“
- "it’s interesting. the girls near me were screaming at everything key said, but I mean, he’s as gay as the day is long, and they’re probably aware of that so it was really… interesting.”
- “key was funny, I liked him.”
- “taemin is a far more superior dancer to everyone”
- “when I went to concerts when I was young, and just when I’ve seen famous people in person they tend to be more torn up than in the photos– but these men were flawless. like seriously, flawless. they must get facials like all the time.” to which I responded, “yeah, key especially likes skincare products and things like that.” and, of course, she responds “yeah most gay men tend to like that.” (she very strongly believes that he is like. obviously gay. which is understandable)
-i don’t remember her exact words but she said minho was also really pretty in particular (she referred to him as “the young looking one who likes sports” and said he just looks way younger than all of them n that he’s got a very elegant face shape and particularly nose
- “how do all these white girls know so much Korean?”
- I was talking about the vcrs and that they were kinda cheesy but rly cute and she said, “they’re kinda homoerotic” I’m not even fuckcign joking I laughed my ASS off when she said that
- she was really shocked at how many people there were coming from across the country and even from other countries just to see shinee and that everyone there was so dedicated
- “I get why it’s called shinee world now. That wasn’t just like… a music concert, that was a whole different thing with so much content and words I had no idea existed. The lingo is so strange” (she was referring to like “bias” and “stan” and all that)
- she said that it was really interesting to see all these drastically different people from different places, different backgrounds, different ages, etc. who were there and were “on the margins” of the mainstream (she said something like… “all outsiders in society or minorities in at least one way”) and that we we’re all coming together in one place and talking as if we knew each other personally. Where as a lot of people (“like you” she said, to me,) wouldn’t be nearly this open and talkative and inviting otherwise. They’re all so devoted and it was such a unique experience I’d never have expected to witness.
- “everyone was crying. So many people were crying.”
So decided to draw an alternate reality where the Chocobros got to Altissia in time for the wedding - and Noctis had to have a photoshoot for publicity. Aaaand of course one of the shots is with his bestmen.
This was a commission for @jack-jazzrabbit! Thank you so much for letting me draw the boys!