HOW TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER DURING FINALS IN 30 MINS USING 5 STEPS:
I find sometimes that i can’t get out of bed because i’m so tired and lazy, and just really not in the mood to open up a textbook. And lets be honest sitting and doing nothing makes you even more depressed, like you can actually feel the pressure of the undone job suffocating you slowly.
These are a few tips that have actually worked for me:
- Cleaning your room: so i may sound like your mum right now but honestly guys clear space= clear mind. I find that when my room is tidy and everything is in place that i actually am more willing to work and be productive, especially if i had just cleaned it myself
- Take care of you: I find washing my face and brushing my teeth helps me feel less oily and icky (usually feeling like shit is like feeling oily, foggy, heavy and icky idk why but that’s how i feel) and just freshening up gives me a push towards being productive. You can stay in your pajamas, but also making your hair look decent (combing it, a bun or ponytail) really helps clear your mind and i’m gonna have to say that when my hair is messy i feel as though it gets in my way. Last tip on this step is putting your bra on. I don’t know if anyone else feels like i do but putting on my bra means business.
- Set up your desk: by this i mean like try to make your desk look like an office desk. I personally like to go for the organised/slightly messy desk look. I find that this keeps me going when i feel like i’m too tired to continue working cause i just keep looking around my desk and feeling professional. it like sets the tone for success not even lying.
- Make Coffee/Tea : you can drink whatever floats your boat but i find that drinking my coffee while working helps me get the feeling that I’ve got my shit together even when i haven’t gotten a clue. Also Coffee has this strong yet soothing scent that calms me down when i’m under stress. Using your favorite/cute mug is the key.
- Open studyblr: I have to be honest that sometimes what keeps me studying is watching other people do it too. I’d be writing and memorizing while at the same time looking at pictures of people’s desks and perfectly designed notes with their cups of coffee on the side. It’s inspiring and motivating you’d feel like you’re not alone and it would help you last longer.