headcanon that eddie steals all of richie's big hoodies and the losers club starts to notice.. <3
• the first time Eddie wears one of Richie’s sweatshirts it isn’t because he stole it. They were all hanging out and it got colder than Eddie had expected and the nerd didn’t even bring a jacket. He didn’t want to say anything but Richie noticed his shivering so he took of his sweatshirt and shoved it into his chest
• Richie is basically a human heater so he doesn’t miss the sweatshirt and he loves how cute Eddie looks with the sleeves rolled up
• Eddie loves the warmth and how it smells like Richie
• cue Eddie stealing Richie’s sweaters constantly. Every time he goes home from a sleepover he has a new one to add to his collection, they’re practically a staple of his wardrobe now
• at first some of the losers think he’s just buying sweatshirts that are way too big for him but then more questions start to arise
• Bill is pretty sure that he’s seen Richie wear that one before and he feels a bit hurt because he remembered the one time he tried to borrow it Richie refused because he said it was his favorite, but when Bill sees the look that Richie has when Eddie shows up to school in it he forgives the heart-eyed trashmouth
• Ben didn’t really think that Eddie was a huge AC/DC fan and when he asked Eddie about the sweatshirt with the bands logo on it in the library while they studied with the other losers his embarrassed face confirmed his suspicions. “I like some of their songs.” He mumbled with red cheeks. It wasn’t a lie, he loved the ones that Richie put on the mixtapes he made for him.
• One day Eddie did wear a sweatshirt that looked more like his size but Stan knew better. He recognized the sweatshirt as one that Richie had worn one fall almost every day when they were younger before Richie had hit his growth spurt
• “Is that Richie’s sweatshirt?” Mike was a lot more blunt about it. He had asked while they were waiting for the others to grab snacks as they found seats in the theater. Eddie blushed and nodded as they sat down, saving the last seat in the row for Richie.
• Beverly had found the full drawer of Richie’s sweatshirts in Eddie’s dresser during a group study session. “Richie do you even have any sweatshirts left at your house?” Richie didn’t even look up from his comic book to comment. “Why would I need to, I get dressed here most of the time.” Eddies face was the reddest it had ever been.