My favorite picture of you was a mistake. You lied down on the seat of the bus and I snapped a picture. I looked at my screen, and I saw you in all your glory. You weren’t looking at the camera, but somewhere off in the distance. Your eyes caught the light, they looked like galaxies. Your mouth was slightly open, yet I could not see any teeth. Your face, graced by acne, looked flawless. I don’t know why I deleted it, I guess I thought I was ready to let you go. Maybe I should’ve kept it.
Excerpt from a book I will never write #951 // a.d
There are many occasions where us girls (and guys), are required to get dressed up to the nines, but it’s daylight outside… Which leaves many of us thinking ‘what makeup do I go for?’
For instance, a Wedding! You’re a guest and you want to look your best, but you don’t feel comfortable slapping on your regular evening-makeup. You know you are going to be photographed so you need something glam just not OTT - but what?
OR, you are off out on a lunch date, where your face needs to look flawless, like it did in the dim lighting of the club where you first met your hot date last week, but only this time you can’t get away with the heavy contour & black smokey eyes!! Argh!!!
Fear not… I have you covered! Whether you have hooded eyes, mono-lids, almond shaped eyes or even round eyes, you can all sport style of eye makeup. You may just need to tweak the shades to suit your skin tone.
A soft smokey eye with glamorous lashes will give your face exactly what it needs to feel and look beautiful. Lashes for daytime might seem daunting at first, but I promise you they will look super! It’s all about the lashes!!! The key to making this look soft is to use lighter shades to create the smokey eye, drop the usual dark liquid eyeliner and opt to darken just the roots of your lashes with a dark Brown / Black powder or Kohl. Also, substitute the Black along the waterline for a Cream or White eyeliner - not only is this more flattering for daytime, it will also make your eyes appear bigger!
This WILL transform your regular evening eye-makeup into stunning daytime glam! Then, in the evening you can easily amp-it-up by simply darkening your waterline and adding a little liquid liner across your top lid!
I have added in links below to all the products used in this tutorial. I always try to grab a UK link as they often ship to the EU also. And then a worldwide link, usually US based, but most ship worldwide.
Okay, so as we all know, MUFE decided to shatter the game and create an even better foundation for the new technology in HD cameras. This foundation works in 4K ultra HD and what that means is basically, I can zoom in 4x into your skin and you will still look bare faced and flawless AF.
However, I ran into a few problems when I first started using the product and really didn’t like it when I first applied it. I was lucky enough to get some insider tips and tricks on the best ways to apply the foundation and why it works best in that particular way. This is right from the mouth of the pro-artists (at least in the NY region!) at Makeup Forever:
1) If you’re using a Skin Equalizer as your primer, specifically for color correction, apply with a flat foundation brush to make sure the color correcting primer is even throughout the skin and is completely dry before you apply the foundation. Then apply your primer or equalizer for texture. Let them both (or whatever primer you used) to sit for a minute to really set into the skin to reduce redness, sallowness, discoloration, or/and texture.
2) Less is more, I believe it’s one pump or two pumps is good for the whole face. Start with one and go from there.
3) THE MOST IMPORTANT HACK/TIP: Use the ‘tap and stretch’ technique. We were trained on this when the foundation launched. This foundation applies best with a flat foundation brush BECAUSE the pigments in the foundation are encapsulated in spheres. The best way to describe it is like, the spheres are like the little eggs you see on top of sushi, if you apply too much pressure, they pop. You don’t want these spheres to pop or you get a less even and airbrush looking coverage. You do not want to use a beauty blender or a buffing motion or else the spheres will burst and the foundation will not lay as evenly on your skin or evenly over texture. SO, subsection of three is as follows:
- Take some product onto your your flat foundation brush and tap it where you need the most coverage, this normally the center of the face or where you carry the most ‘hot spots’.
- When you’re satisfied with the coverage, take your flat foundation brush and pull from where you just placed the product and stretch the foundation to where you need less coverage. Sort of like pulling from the center of a flower to the petals, the perimeter of your face being the petals.
- If there are parts of your face the need extra coverage, do not be afraid to tap more where you need it, but stretch the edges out to bled. If applied right, it should all look even.
4) Give the product a few minutes to melt if you have dry or textured skin. This foundation does the opposite of ‘baking’. The way it’s made allows it to melt itself to the skins temperature and even itself out over time. So if you have dry or textured skin, give it a couple minutes to smooth over the texture and you will see it have a different effect than before. This was my biggest issue with the product! I hated the finish! But I didn’t apply it right, nor did I wait to set it.
5) You don’t need hella powder, just roll the powder on with either a soft kabuki brush or a big powder brush. But remember, I said roll. You wanna be super gentle when setting so it doesn’t get gross. Like I said before, wait a little bit to set so you can really let it meld to your skins temperature and type. Let them become friends. Be one with the Ultra HD, BE THE ULTRA HD.
So yeah, this is your friend Stef telling you how to live your cosmetic life and be the HD glamour god(dess) you always knew ya could be.
<b><p></b> <b>Aries:</b> you are so precious and made of stars. your mother told me i was the only one who was nice to you in school and i could never figure out why such a star would be so forcefully dimmed.<p/><b>Taurus:</b> on the bus ride home after you broke my best friends heart, the light from the sunset shone on your face and hit it and you looked flawless. at that moment i wanted to cry for her more than before. i wish you could figure out your own heart in a way that would help you fix hers.<p/><b>Gemini:</b> you took me on my first ever date and we went out for a show in the cities. the light of the city on the drive home would never seem as bright to me after you left.<p/><b>Cancer:</b> you told me you would always be there for me and called my house every day at 4:05 p.m to talk about my day. i miss those talks and want to tell you everything I once forgot to say.<p/><b>Leo:</b> you're made of magic and space and you deserve to know all of this and more. i love the cadence of your voice when you sing my songs and the way you somehow know exactly what I need.<p/><b>Virgo:</b> we fell asleep in your bed and it was one of the first times i'd ever truly felt at home. all i wanted to do was protect you from yourself, all i ever wanted to do was protect you.<p/><b>Libra:</b> your hands were always soft and i compared you to royalty more times than i could count. i damaged your heart but you still love me more than i could ever imagine and i wish you'd believe me when i tell you i love you too.<p/><b>Scorpio:</b> you wish that you could be perfect, but to me, you really truly are. i just want to kiss your forehead and keep you safe and make sure the world treats you well.<p/><b>Sagittarius:</b> i fell in love with you over the course of a year. i can still hear your laughter echoing in my ears and i wish i could get you out of my head.<p/><b>Capricorn:</b> you covered up everything so elegantly and then broke the wall in the hallway of the ymca when i told you you seemed collected. you were always beautiful in an odd sort of way and i wished i could've known your heart better than i knew your words.<p/><b>Aquarius:</b> all i want to do is hold your hand and somehow i can't gather up the strength to ask you or just do it. i just want you to love me but I know that you don't, so for now i think I'll just do my best not to smile every time you look my way.<p/><b>Pisces:</b> i want to hold on to you and take away all of your sadness, so you can be the strong person you set yourself up to be. you let yourself be weak to me once. maybe you just wanted to be heard.<p/></p><p/></p>
Lucien is different, or at least, his egocentricity is different, he hates himself intensely, whereas we do not. Hating himself as he does, hating his ‘‘human kindness’’, he seeks new vision, a post-human post-intelligence. He wishes more than Nietzsche proscribed. He wants more than the next mutation, he wants post-soul.
— Jack Kerouac (September, 1944)