If requests are open could you do some headcannons for the paladins for when their s/o asks them to spar but they are really graceful and looks like they are just dancing around them?
Eyyyy its been a long time but here I am making a weird gradual return! Season three has me hype and even though I have yet to watch it the spark is making its way back. So for the moment no spoilers please but once I watch it prepare for (hopefully) a more steady supply of writing~ So for the time being please enjoy this my dears <3
-He loves training with them! He hates standing still and working out is an easy way to get off some access energy and wow his s/o is actually volunteering to spar with him is a dream come true
-He doesn’t want to push them too hard though so he vows to take it easy, he isn’t trying to be condescending he just knows that going full force probably doesn’t make for a very good date
-He is watching s/o very closely, even more so than when he is fighting/sparring anyone else, so he quickly realizes just how graceful they actually are. He makes a comment about it not being very good form because he can easily knock them down
-Eventually he actually forgets what it is he is actually doing because he gets so caught up in watching them and his own movements start to mirror their’s so it ends up being like that scene from Avatar when Katara and Aang are spar dancing
-This also leads to s/o being able to find an easy opening and landing a direct hit to his chest knocking him back. This turns into that scene where Mulan first took down Shang and hes super impressed.
-You know what it really is just like a scene from a movie complete with s/o leaning over and saying “Next time I promise to take it easy on you"
-First things first is that asking Keith to spar is not the best idea. He backs down for no one. He is set to destroy at all times and he does not take losing well so s/o needs to be prepared for that
-He is ready to go whenever though and its a good chance to see him in his natural element. He actually moves just as graceful and s/o has to not fall into the trap of watching his hips move and muscles flex because it really is quite a site
-Keith is actually quite the trash talker when sparring too so there are lots of things to distract s/o when going against him. But they don’t realize just how mesmerized he is by them because he tries to hide it as hard as possible
-What gives him away though is the color on his cheeks that has nothing to do with how hot its getting in the training bay no matter what he says. He also stammers ever so slightly ‘wh-what are you trying to uh do … do exactly? Hit me or um waltz, is it called waltzing? well you know what I mean either way!’
-He still ends up winning in the end, or whatever the equivalent of winning is in sparring, but afterwards s/o finds that he is still watching them really closely which they find kind of weird since usually he is avoiding looking at them directly because hes a shy boy
-When asked what he is doing when caught he just tells them that “I just … think we should do that more often. It was fun,"
- She has two moods which are: "I never want to step foot in the training bay” and “someone better FIGHT ME” so as long as s/o knows how to determine these moods there is no problem at all getting her to spar with them
- Her fighting style is all about getting in close to her opponant so s/o is probably already a little bit flustered, its not often that they get to be this close
- S/O quickly learns that its hard to actually land a hit since she is so quick and agile so they focus on blocking instead. This turns into this ducking and weaving sort of dance that Pidge picks up on
- Seeing this Pidge starts to calculate the way that she moves to see s/o react, forcing them to move in even more dance like movements with her. She tries to keep a straight face when eventually s/o slips and shes forced to catch them but that only last for about .2 seconds before they are both cracking up
- “Maybe next time I should ask you to dance so I could get an actual work out in,” she teases after wards when they are cooling down, this comment is met with s/o pouring ice cold water down her back
- In the end it just makes them both a laughing grinning mess and helps relieve more stress than traditional sparring ever could
- Honestly he didn’t even go into this thinking of sparring, he only took up the offer to spar because he loves spending alone time with s/o and this seemed like the perfect chance
- He actually brought music to play during it, something upbeat and easy to dance to because he wasn’t so much looking to train as he was looking for a chance to gyrate his hips in s/o’s direction.
- S/O tries to ignore him and his very obvious dancing but finds themselves falling into the trap. They start moving in time to the beat and throwing in unnecessary flourishes of their hips and rolling of their body
- Lance wasn’t actually expecting his plan to work so he didn’t even pick up on it at first cause hes an absolute oblivious fool. It isn’t until s/o starts humming along to the music and stops trying to hit him does it occur to him that ‘omg its happening!'
- He then pulls out all the stops because this boy can dance and whats worse is he knows just how good he is. His body is a weapon and his sights are set on s/o and the only thing that is saving them is the fact that they are just as good as him. So its really a test of wills to see whos going to slip up first
- It ends up being s/o who ends up literally tripping, even though its actually Lance’s fault because he wasn’t watching what he was doing because he was too busy making heart eyes at his s/o and ended up stepping on their feet. He uses this opportunity to dip them like he had it all planned
- “You’re pretty good at sparring but your dancing could use some work. Good thing Im an amazing teacher on top of a list of other things,” he would tease before going in for a kiss and switching the music to something slow and sweet, his mission accomplished
- He is mildly surprised by the request to spar but hes a very easy going guy, as long as he has nothing else he has to do he would do whatever s/o asked him. If it makes them happy he is completely on board
- He’s slightly on edge about it though, just because he doesn’t want to hurt them on accident. This means he focuses less on s/o and more on his own body and how hes moving. It actually makes him a pretty easy target and in simple terms s/o is easily able to kick his ass
- S/O would notice this and would want him to losen up. S/O would grab his chin and smile in the way that makes him melt while telling him to relax and just watch them. He practically melts but he manages to comply because how could he deny a request to stare at an angel?
-Its then that he realizes that wow they are so graceful that it should be illegal and at a certain point he stops trying to spar and is just circling around them watching them because after all this is what they wanted right?
- He eventually gives up the whole sparring thing and just pulls them into his arms and starts to slow dance with them. S/O struggles at first not understanding what hes playing at but when he lays his forehead against theirs and whispers about how beautiful they are all bets are off. Now it is there turn to melt
- Honestly they just end up making out in the training bay which is frowned upon but sadly is not an uncommon occurrence in the castle either. The others find them kissing in random places more often than anyone cares to admit