shockwave is easily one of my favorite transformers because of the stark contrast between his personality and his actions
like, shockwave is a very emotionally dead character. he claims to only trust logic, never visibly emotes, and in some versions of the story he’s even has had his emotions forcibly removed from his mind.
he’s utterly emotionless and is purely dedicated to logic and science
here’s a short list of things Shockwave has done in the name of logic and science across his various incarnations:
- forcibly turned Grimlock and the Dinobots in to robotic versions of Earth dinosaurs because he thought dinosaurs looked neat
- brainwashed a bunch of Cybertronian neutral colonists in to thinking they were Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, and all of the other “iconic” Transformers for seemingly no reason other than to watch them fight for a hundred years
- attempted to destroy the entire universe (and a weird zombie negative universe) to serve as fuel for Cybertron
- discovered an ancient race of Cybertronian dragons and immediately began cloning them to try to have a clone dragon army
- discovered an ancient race of Cybertronian insects and immediately began cloning them to try and have a clone Insecticon army
- helped design Overlord, a nigh-indestructible Decepticon warrior designed to destroy entire planets, and the removed the Achilles Heel built in to Overlord to keep him under control. Shockwave removed this Achilles Heel solely for personal gain.
- built a functioning time machine solely to steal fuel from the past, where fuel was plentiful