In my car, car seat safety is NOT an option.
I don’t care if “that’s how they ride in my car” or “they’ve always been fine.” If your kid’s car seat is going in my car, it WILL:
- Face the recommended way for their age
- Be secured to the seat properly- this does NOT mean a seat belt loosely wrapped around it
- Have the chest clip in the proper spot
- Be tightened snuggly so the child is actually secured
- Not have a child wearing a puffy coat sitting in it
Car seat safety is not an option or parenting choice. It’s a matter of life and death. As parents we can drive cautiously, but that doesn’t mean everyone else is. If you and your children are in an accident, wouldn’t you want to know EVERYONE did everything they could to save their life? I’ve got news for you, that everyone includes you and the choice you make to follow or ignore car seat safety guidelines.