Good Things About Trolls for People on the Fence About Seeing it
- None of the characters have traditionally attractive features but look perfect and adorable anyway (crooked teeth, big squishy noses, fat characters that are two of the protags, the lady trolls aren’t hyper sexualised etc)
(Look how cute Bridget is!)
(Get a closer look at those snoots)
- Both the Trolls and the Bergens have people in their society who are nice and who are mean, and pretty doesn’t equal good or better, everyone is capable of being mean or being nice!
- Extremely bright and colourful and really nice to look at; Dreamworks animation is always excellent and its no different here. Everything looks as though you could reach out and touch it! If you like this kind of aesthetic it’s the movie for you!
- Amazing stop motion sequences made and animated practically by @priscillaworks (seriously go check out their work its incredible)
- Even though the story is kinda average, the details of it are what set it aside from other road trip movies. Like character motivations and the themes (sorry i don’t wanna give away spoilers).
- Lesson about happiness being found inside you and that sometimes u just need some support in finding it
- Grumpy character actually has a reason to be mistrustful and grumpy, and isn’t ONLY those things. His worry and frustration come from a really believable place that’s actually pretty heartbreaking.
- A bunch of awesome songs that are well choreographed and sung brilliantly! It’s a jukebox musical so there’s songs you know mixed in with a couple original songs and they’re done amazingly well (the original song “Get Back Up Again” is my favourite).
- Just pure unfiltered fun! Like… There’s been so many horrible things going on recently, that a shot of happiness might be just what you need. Seeing something fun and happy that isn’t bogged down by the horrors of real life is kinda something everyone needs right now i think.