Let’s talk about Isak’s reaction to seeing Even again shall we?
- First it’s shock, ‘oh my god he’s right there’
- Then relief, ‘oh my god he’s right there, he’s okay (physically at least)’
- Then suddenly all he can think about is being close Even and so he goes to him
- Then from that point every single little movement is gentle and light, Isak wants Even to know he’s there but is still distancing himself enough that Even doesn’t feel trapped
- Once he gets over the overwhelming relief, he looks Even in the eyes and tells him he’s not alone, that no matter what, Isak will be there and you can hear in how he says it, he puts his whole heart into those three words because nothing is more important to Isak at that moment than for Even to know he’ll never be alone again (and you can tell from Even’s reaction, he really needed to hear that)
- Isak is holding his face like that as if to say ‘I’m not letting you go again, I’m here, always’
- He’s still hesitant to kiss him, still giving Even the option to walk away from this if he wants but letting him know he doesn’t have to, this doesn’t have to be how his story ends, because he’s not alone.
- (This one may just be me over analysing and is not about Isak but…) When Isak kisses him, Even kisses back like Isak is bringing him back to life, as if in that moment Isak is his only reason to breathe, to live at all, and I think Even believes that’s true. You see him take a deep breath when he pulls away, as if he’s alive again…
- Isak holds him so so tight because he almost lost him and he’s never going to let him slip away again and my god does Even need it, he needs someone right now to hold him tight, to be there when he falls apart, to put him back together with love and care. Isak is that person, Even knows that now.